U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-22-2009, 01:53 PM

965 posts, read 1,860,206 times
Give it time. Thyssenkrupp and Rydia are a start. The recession is slowly ending, and hopefully areas like Mobile and Montgomery can get back to growing.

Besides, Mobile has an IRS branch, and that's where I want to be :P

I want to catch tax evaders and be everyone's friend during tax time.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 02:03 PM

48 posts, read 55,865 times
Default Go there for a weekend

Im in the same situation. Im in the process of moving but Want to find a job first. So if your budget allows you to take a trip to where your moving and go around to offfices or the type of work you would like to do with your resume and mabey some one will be hiring in the near future and remember you. Plus it will give you a chance to get familure with the area your moving to.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:23 PM

2,264 posts, read 2,937,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croye22 View Post
Give it time. Thyssenkrupp and Rydia are a start. The recession is slowly ending, and hopefully areas like Mobile and Montgomery can get back to growing.

Besides, Mobile has an IRS branch, and that's where I want to be :P

I want to catch tax evaders and be everyone's friend during tax time.

Mobile and Huntsville are he only two big four metro`s that are recovering from the recession . Both cities where also the only two that experienced economic growth in the recession as well. Montgomery and Birmingham will be recovering very soon as according to Toomey.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:25 PM

2,264 posts, read 2,937,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
I hate to be a backseat driver (as I typically am on C-D), but I think it's safe to say that if Mobile really wants to advance - it needs to attract a few large companies that would hire numerous college grads in fields besides health and education (IT, Middle Managment, etc.). Of course, advancement is always a "good thing" or "bad thing" by the eye of the beholder.

The city is still fighting for the EADS 40 billion dollar contract. EADS promised the state of Alabama that after winning the contract they will build large commercial airlines here as well. Mobile will be third in the world where large aircraft is being manufactred Toulouse,France and Seattle,Washington are the only current two that are.This contract will bring 5 k jobs to the state and 1500 to the city and the large aircraft jobs arent included as with the supliers that will be moving in the area for the jobs.The large aircract manufacturing job will bring an extra 300 jobs to the city. So of course more IT jobs with others like it will be comming as well.

Last edited by PortCity; 10-22-2009 at 05:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area