Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 06:34 AM

5,002 posts, read 9,154,555 times

Advertisements

^^^ What an unrealistic statement !!! I`ve met a few students from Miami at South and they like the Mobile area. It just depends on the individual you never know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 08:44 AM

287 posts, read 498,251 times
Whatever you say. I guess if you don't get out much then it does not really matter where you live.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:39 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,858,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmagoku View Post
Whatever you say. I guess if you don't get out much then it does not really matter where you live.
So are we making intellectually false statements?

I'll try one or two: I would want to get out of Miami so I can keep a set of hubcaps for more than two days.

Now, why would anyone want to live in New Orleans? The crime is horrible and it's under sea-level. It's just asking for it.

---

Weird how that works out, hmm?

I don't understand some of these people that come on here just to bash. Everyone has their own opinions, this I realize. Apparently, when dmagoku goes out he goes to Tillman's Corner and expects to be entertained.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:02 PM

5,002 posts, read 9,154,555 times
^^^ lol

Old 03-10-2010, 03:36 PM

You know darn well a 19 year old single could care less about crime unless it is extreme. Mobile is not the place for young people to have fun.Most of the clubs downtown suck and our music scene is poop. If he is comming from a progressive and cosmopolitan place like Miami he will hate most of the people. Rednecks and close minded, unhip and fat people abound.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
You know darn well a 19 year old single could care less about crime unless it is extreme. Mobile is not the place for young people to have fun.Most of the clubs downtown suck and our music scene is poop. If he is comming from a progressive and cosmopolitan place like Miami he will hate most of the people. Rednecks and close minded, unhip and fat people abound.
Where do you live dmagoku? It seems as if you're spending too much time in Wilmer.

I can't think of anything any further from the truth.

Oh, is it that the majority of bars downtown don't close? Or is it Mardi Gras? Maybe it's the live music I hear all night from my residence DOWNTOWN. I guess that's why our nightlife is so bad.

I guess I'll have to be entertained thinking about all the fun I could have on Bourbon Street in New Orleans being suffocated by the mass of people and being thrown up on. Maybe that and a 10 dollar hand grenade. It's only fun once. Apparently, you either are a masochist or haven't been.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:32 PM

It is intellectual dishonesty to say that Mobile's clubs are anywhere near the quality of New Orleans or South Beach. Hearing any old "live music" does not qualify a good music scene and Mardi Gras does not even make up for Mobile's suck. OP, go to Birmingham if you don't want to waste your youth. Transfer to UAB if you want out of Miami and you will thank me later.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:56 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,779,849 times
It's nothing but hyperbole to say that Mobile "sucks" or "is great". It is somewhere in between. For many people, it suits them just fine. For some, it doesn't. The area itself though is a good area. Not great. But not horrible, as this poster is suggesting. I do know a guy from Miami who likes it in Mobile alot though. With that being said, another from Miami might not. The key to any city is to visit it and get a feel for yourself.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
It is intellectual dishonesty to say that Mobile's clubs are anywhere near the quality of New Orleans or South Beach. Hearing any old "live music" does not qualify a good music scene and Mardi Gras does not even make up for Mobile's suck. OP, go to Birmingham if you don't want to waste your youth. Transfer to UAB if you want out of Miami and you will thank me later.

At risk of arguing opinions, I will only post this (probably to dmagoku's dismay):

National Geographic's Top 50 Places to Live and Play

and more in depth:

Top 10 in the Central Region for the next big destination

---

By the way, what is a "quality" club, dmagoku?

Old 03-12-2010, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
At risk of arguing opinions, I will only post this (probably to dmagoku's dismay):

By the way, what is a "quality" club, dmagoku?

One without about a bunch of wiggers, rednecks, frat boys or thugs like Mobile has. Ones with a real variety of music besides rap and top 40 and acually have a decent amount people in it dancing unlike Mobile has except for one exception and even that was almost shut down by some ******* because so many of the people here suck and don't appreciate anything progressive.

Best for who? Old country farts and family men? Are you seriously quoting National Geographic? I am sure all the young professional and college kids like the OP are jumping at this lists opinion.

Last edited by dmagoku; 03-12-2010 at 04:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area