Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 08:02 AM

5,003 posts, read 9,157,880 times

Advertisements

I been to most of the clubs DT and they all dance !! Every city has a first Friday and Mobile`s first friday at club insanity is rediclous in apositive way the line stretshes for ever.I been to several major cities and live music is normaly local music anyway dude. Just move out of Mobile or Alabama if it`s that bad !! I could not live in a city or state and be that miserable as you I would have to do something about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 10:58 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,780,592 times
Well, to be fair, the clubs and bars in Mobile are definitely not as cool as they are in all of the larger cities across the nation (as naturally, there will be much more diversity in the likes of punk bars, hipster bars, urban bars, chill bars, upscale bars, working class bars, etc ... along with national music acts coming through the music venues).

But the poster is making the usual mistake of definining "culture he or she does not relate to" as "no culture". Mobile definitely has culture. But it is Mobile's culture, which some love and some do not. It is just not the culture the poster relates with, hence the bitterness. My best suggestion would be to A) Move or B) Be the change that he or she would like to see.

Either way, that involves stoping the message board hate or at least putting forth the arguments againt Mobile in a more grown-up fashion.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:18 AM

287 posts, read 498,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
I been to most of the clubs DT and they all dance !! Every city has a first Friday and Mobile`s first friday at club insanity is rediclous in apositive way the line stretshes for ever.I been to several major cities and live music is normaly local music anyway dude. Just move out of Mobile or Alabama if it`s that bad !! I could not live in a city or state and be that miserable as you I would have to do something about it.
Lol at club insanity. At no point did I say anything about local music. I compalined about Mobile having to many jam bands and cover bands. TKO with DJ Charles III at the music box is the only worthwhile party Mobile.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:27 AM

Also Port, most people can't just up and leave where they live as most people work or have things tying them down to a geographical location. I just graduated from college and obviously I'm am trying to either get out Alabama or at least live in Birmingham

Old 03-14-2010, 01:17 PM

I never thought about going to the Music Box and Insanity does go insane on first fridays.Jam Bands and Cover Bands I know nothing about, I`m African American and the clubs that I attend in Mobile they hVE National rap and R & B recording artist that come to the clubs in Mobile almost every other week soooo I can`t relate to you on that level. That`s probably why my views are dfiffernt from yourS I guess.Some of my party spots play Rap,R & B, Reggae,Dance Hall,Pop,blues,Jazz,a little rock,and some latin music at times it`s all in the mix.They are always featuring a recording artist !!!

Your view and the poeple you assoicate with is what makes life. To be honest and this is coming from a person who is from a mazor city and have been to a few places. If you are not living in a MAJOR city then the night life in that city could get repatative like Birmingham Mobile,Nashville or even New Orleans aren`t large enough to the point that it doesn`t get repetative .Atlanta and Miami may be but not Birmingham or Mobile. That is why me and my friends ( college graduates or in college)throw block parties,pool parties,Blue parties,red parties,red and black parties,or a crawfish boil because it could get repetative not boring but repetative.

What ever I want to do in Birmingham I could do it in Mobile besides shop for Prada in Saks Fifth in the Summit, and im not bashing Birmingham it is a cool city but it is not that far ahead of Mobile like you are making it out to be.Miami yes not Birmingham which is a nice city by the way. From my travels the only differEnce that I notice in clubs are the music depeNding on the region,NY clubs paly more east coast rap music with reggae, South such as Atlanta,nashville,Birmingham(Platinum & Pyrimid club) and Mobile all southern rap music,MIami southern rap music and reggae,Houston southerN rap music and screwd. They all had dancers so it wasn`t a difference just the music and I enoyed my self in all of the cities that I mentioned.

Last edited by PortCity; 03-14-2010 at 01:45 PM..

Old 03-14-2010, 03:52 PM

If you are talking about Mobile's "urban" music scene and nightlife then I 100% agree that Mobile has that down. It should satisfy in that respect. I am black too and could care less about that stuff. I see now why Mobile seems ok with you.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmagoku View Post
If you are talking about Mobile's "urban" music scene and nightlife then I 100% agree that Mobile has that down. It should satisfy in that respect. I am black too and could care less about that stuff. I see now why Mobile seems ok with you.

Forgive me for the grammer in the above post my thoughts were pouring out so fast and my fingers and since of over view couldn`t keep up,lol.

I`m glad that we both understand each other. Relate ?? Welllll LOL. Dude when you are able to move out of Mobile let me know and i`ll help you. I don`t know you but you need a quick fix,lol...J/K.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:16 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,780,592 times
I can't get into new hip hop, but man give me some old Gang Starr, Tribe Called Quest, Illmatic, etc. Guess you could say I like the old east coast hip hop, preferably the type with the more positive/chill vibe. Can't do much of the new stuff - new beats aren't as good and I can't listen to songs only about partyin', money, drugs, etc. Give me some current alternative (like Senses Fail/Anti-Flag), old blues, old jazz, old 70's rock, old hip hop, and old funk any day.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:53 AM

LOL, hey we threw a 90`s party back in January !! 90`s hip hop is the best !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area