U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-12-2007, 08:15 PM

35 posts, read 186,758 times
Question Mount Vernon and the new steel plant

I live in Mount Vernon and I was wondering if anyone knew how the new plant was going to change this town. Some say their planning to make the highway up here a six lane highway. New stores, restraunts, housing projects, New schools, a new park?

Does anyone have any real information on real plans? I'm just being nosey. I just would like to know the impact on this town. I know right now this community and surrounding communities like within 20 miles there aren't even hotels for this many people. For the construction phase of the project.

I am kind of excited to see change up here and I am kind of sad to see change up here. I like the country and little traffic but I like the idea of more options in town. Right now we have the a very of everything but on a very small scale. Plenty of woods.

My husband don't think its going to make that much of a difference up here. Any imput?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 10:24 AM

1 posts, read 3,297 times
Default New Mill

I am thinking in relocating to work at the new mill.
Who can give me information on which will be a good place to rent?
I am married and have 2 small kids. I will concidered a place with good elementary schools, and a more family enviroment area.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:14 PM

9 posts, read 18,613 times
Saraland/Satsuma Robert E Lee is a grat school

Old 04-11-2009, 06:47 AM

2 posts, read 6,158 times
Mount Vernon is 10 min, from TK and 20 min the other direction from a super wal-mart. 15 more min to the malls, movies ect. Mount Vernon is growing and the schools are good..Most of the high school kids attend Satsuma High or Citronelle High. The Middle and Elementry school are on the same grownsand are in Mount Vernon and has really grown in the last few years, "great Principle" check us out.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:22 PM

2,199 posts, read 2,749,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBelle1978 View Post
I live in Mount Vernon and I was wondering if anyone knew how the new plant was going to change this town. Some say their planning to make the highway up here a six lane highway. New stores, restraunts, housing projects, New schools, a new park?

Does anyone have any real information on real plans? I'm just being nosey. I just would like to know the impact on this town. I know right now this community and surrounding communities like within 20 miles there aren't even hotels for this many people. For the construction phase of the project.

I am kind of excited to see change up here and I am kind of sad to see change up here. I like the country and little traffic but I like the idea of more options in town. Right now we have the a very of everything but on a very small scale. Plenty of woods.

My husband don't think its going to make that much of a difference up here. Any imput?

To be honest Mt. Vernon will have that small town feeling for a long time.Semmes- 17,000 is bigger and have more options but still have that small town feeling, and I can`t see Mt.vernon being Satsuma size in the next 10 yeras. So you have nothing to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area