Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:46 AM

5,003 posts, read 9,154,555 times

Advertisements

Still a very nice,safe area to live in and well kept.The Hillcrest Rd area(especially from Cottage hill to three Notch) is up in coming with new subdivisons and gated communities.Some of those subdivisions startat the 500,000 price range which is a nice size house in Alabama. I would recommend anyone who is interested in living in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 08:59 PM

5 posts, read 10,222 times
We're staying in Fairhope right now, the taxes are only going up a penny I believe up in Spanish Fort. Beaches...nice beaches aren't really in the area of Spanish Fort, you'll be headed down to Orange Beach. There's a little one in Fairhope but us being from Pensacola...it's just nowhere near as nice and I wouldn't let me kids swim there. We're moving to West Mobile, closer to the Semmes area, seems nice and has the same shopping as spanish fort. Spanish fort is a nice area but we just couldn't find the amount of house and land that we wanted for the price we could find in the area we're moving to. West mobile (more south west but north of I-10) is really nice. Look around a lot, insurance is really a big deal around here, it's expensive and they go by some silly south of 10 thing instead of actually assessing the area individually. Good luck!

Old 06-02-2010, 09:18 AM

2 posts, read 4,025 times
Mobile is moving West - Sollie Road is a great location, Johnson Road, Dawes Rd, Snow Rd. Should be able to find something that fits your needs there. New subdivisions are going up all over the place, a few I have been through - alot of DR Horton and Breland subdivisions, but some other very nice ones by local/custom builders. Turtle Creek has nice homes, Dawes Lake - new ones down Sollie Rd - Falling Leaf, Saybrook, etc.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:49 AM

5,003 posts, read 9,154,555 times
Stone Henge on Grelot !!

Old 06-03-2010, 12:11 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,779,849 times
The heart of Mobile is not moving west. I would suggest midtown over any other area. Do you want to live life while in Mobile? Do you want beautiful city streets? Midtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area