Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 09:14 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,779,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilettoQueen View Post
I just had to see if your lives are really this pathetic that you all actually keep commenting, WOW¡¡¡¡ it is!! To show my sorrow for you dorks who focus on the ramblings of faceless humans, and really take it to heart may I say, I, StilettoQueen will let you all have the only joy in your lives (mega lol) an end this account I started 4 days ago for just that A LAUGH IDIOTS.....lighten up get some nookie in your life. *toodles* HATERS hahahahahahahahahahaaaaa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 10:07 AM

5,002 posts, read 9,151,507 times
Quote:
I just had to see if your lives are really this pathetic that you all actually keep commenting, WOW¡¡¡¡ it is!! To show my sorrow for you dorks who focus on the ramblings of faceless humans, and really take it to heart may I say, I, StilettoQueen will let you all have the only joy in your lives (mega lol) an end this account I started 4 days ago for just that A LAUGH IDIOTS.....lighten up get some nookie in your life. *toodles* HATERS hahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

LOl...what ever !! All field dreams to me.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:24 PM

1,499 posts, read 1,857,668 times
Quote:
Upon looking at your profile, I've found why you seem to be indiscriminately loathsome towards everything. You have your zip code as 35044... Childersburg. Wow, your opinion is shaping up to be even more useless than your immaturity.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:28 AM

Childersburg !!!? Wow !!

Old 05-10-2010, 10:41 PM

7 posts, read 32,067 times
Mobile is not a good place to live it is very difficult to find jobs unless you like fastfood or restaurant work. The people you have to work around make life very difficult because if you are white they do not want you there. I encountered this so many times it was unreal.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:29 AM

1,499 posts, read 1,857,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly939 View Post
Mobile is not a good place to live it is very difficult to find jobs unless you like fastfood or restaurant work. The people you have to work around make life very difficult because if you are white they do not want you there. I encountered this so many times it was unreal.

If posts like this actually gave concrete reasoning and facts I would give the writer the benefit of the doubt. But, like usual, someone comes on here with absolute garbage and I'm forced to laugh.\

By the way, you used the past tense on encountered with 'was'.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly939 View Post

It’s hard to find a job in any city these days, even in a metro such as Atlanta. I have friends who stay in Huntsville and are students in that area as well and it’s hard to find a job in that city unless it is military(BRAC) related. On another note there are companies in Mobile that are hiring such as Hardgrove,Austal,U.S Corps of Engineers ,Shell Oil and I believe TK is still hiring. I was in the Govt Plaza a week ago and they have a book full of open positions from accountants to assistants. Pay range from 24K to 72K a year. Providence Hospital has several positions open and the University of South Alabama is hiring

"The people you have to work around make life very difficult because if you are white they do not want you there."

^^^ I have no comment for the above statment.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:00 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times
I've wondered about Mobile. Supposedly has some lovely historic homes and flowers--and The Oil. My aunt and uncle used to enjoy going to Mobile--ran a trucking company--went all over the US--from Norcross, GA.

Norcross has really changed --lol--much to my aunt's dismay--very conservative area at one point in time--then Gwinnett county started growing--you should have heard the howls. They have calmed down a bit--but still grumble from time to time.

The Boomers ---it was the Boomers--the younguns---went down to Atlanta and were never the same.

Dylan apparently had a memorable experience there in '66--'Stuck in Mobile with The Memphis Blues Again'.

I guess it's pleasant enough if you are a more 'traditional' sort of person--I tend to believe I would agree with Bob Dylan---been listening to him for a while now--since college--Woodstock era --Carrollton, GA. We wanted 'Change'---yes, we did and by golly--some of us managed to get a few balls rolling.

No offense to Mobilians or whatever you are called. I'm an ATLien or whatever we are calling ourselves now. 'Busting, Booming, Sprawling, Funky,
Progressive' sort of town.

Can't help ourselves, I suppose. Come on over --chili dogs and frosty oranges at the Varsity--on me.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I've wondered about Mobile. Supposedly has some lovely historic homes and flowers--and The Oil. My aunt and uncle used to enjoy going to Mobile--ran a trucking company--went all over the US--from Norcross, GA.

Norcross has really changed --lol--much to my aunt's dismay--very conservative area at one point in time--then Gwinnett county started growing--you should have heard the howls. They have calmed down a bit--but still grumble from time to time.

The Boomers ---it was the Boomers--the younguns---went down to Atlanta and were never the same.

Dylan apparently had a memorable experience there in '66--'Stuck in Mobile with The Memphis Blues Again'.

I guess it's pleasant enough if you are a more 'traditional' sort of person--I tend to believe I would agree with Bob Dylan---been listening to him for a while now--since college--Woodstock era --Carrollton, GA. We wanted 'Change'---yes, we did and by golly--some of us managed to get a few balls rolling.

No offense to Mobilians or whatever you are called. I'm an ATLien or whatever we are calling ourselves now. 'Busting, Booming, Sprawling, Funky,
Progressive' sort of town.

Can't help ourselves, I suppose. Come on over --chili dogs and frosty oranges at the Varsity--on me.

Reading your post my friend ser una perdida de tiempo !!!

Old 05-12-2010, 07:13 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Reading your post my friend ser una perdida de tiempo !!!
SpanishDict Phrasebook | Details: "to be a waste of time / ser una pérdida de tiempo"

I won't be rushing to Mobile.

But, 'Y'all Come to Atlanta'---

http://www.accessatlanta.com/fashion...he-524481.html
'Donate Hair--Save the Gulf'

Lot's of helpful, openminded people in the Big A---whatever we can do --be it bring the $$$$$$--tourism or send the Dawn dishing washing soap and the volunteers--we'll do it. Southern enough---global enough--etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area