U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-23-2010, 09:50 AM

6,040 posts, read 6,552,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
And plus, they act like I don't know dick about where I'm moving. lmao... Yeah, only generations of my family have lived there and still do... The grass IS greener.. quite literally...
The grass was not greener here was it ? Go home whining to your people about how awful the folks in Montana are if you must. I doubt that anyone gives a flying rats ass where you go.
You have made accusations and offensive statements to people you don't even know and you spew garbage in every post. There is no doubt in my mind that you need a major attitude adjustment before you will be happy and gay like a normal person.
MTSilvertip said it perfectly, change must come from within. I myself welcome newcomers to our state as long as they are sane. I don't care what their lifestyle or politics are. The real reason folks don't want the state filling up so fast are the economic repercussions and the closing of doors to the lower income people who will never own property due to the prices being forced up. There are many reasons that so many people who move here can't seem to make it here and it and often it has nothing to do with low pay or lack of work and high cost of living. Many people just don't have the mindset that is required to be happy in a state like Montana. Good thing you didn't pick Alaska !

Old 09-23-2010, 11:02 AM

6,431 posts, read 7,313,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
The real reason folks don't want the state filling up so fast are the economic repercussions and the closing of doors to the lower income people who will never own property due to the prices being forced up. There are many reasons that so many people who move here can't seem to make it here and it and often it has nothing to do with low pay or lack of work and high cost of living. Many people just don't have the mindset that is required to be happy in a state like Montana.
Damned good points, my friend.

Those who can't see or don't care what they're doing to others are NOT the sort we want in Montana.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:26 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,994,896 times
Quote:
*reps*
Nothing your said need have provoked such a response in the first place.

"Make it"... what does that even mean? That's a heavy phrase. It basically points to you not being good enough for Montana. Such arrogance. So tired of it. (Isn't it interesting that no one has a problem with remarks/posts like that, if directed the right way... toward out-of-staters?) Just a clear mask for their own insecurity. Just because you don't have a glowing review of where you lived when you were here, you're a liar. Okay....

And we need to cut through the ol' crapola in reference to me too. They don't like many of the things I've said about MT, so the next logical step is to bash where I'm soon moving to. lol Lame cheap shot. If I were an out-of-stater with a Pollyanna view about Montana, they'd be saying "Great choice! Sell your foreign car and come on in!"

And plus, they act like I don't know dick about where I'm moving. lmao... Yeah, only generations of my family have lived there and still do... The grass IS greener.. quite literally...

My cousin sent this to me after I told him this story today.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g..._5325335_n.jpg
Seriously?? Who is bashing where you are moving too?

All they said is that Missoula isn't full of Nazi's and Gay bashing gun nuts that lie in wait for the next unsuspecting victim to move in to our great state of Montana.

Looks to me like the only one all riled up about what a bunch of people you don't even know personally think of you, is you.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Special mindset... why can't people just be themselves and be accepted?
Okay... then why don't you accept us as ourselves, instead of telling us what bad attitudes we have and how awful it is to live in MT?? You're allowed to have a bad attitude, but we're not?? Explain that one to me. And no, "but they had a bad attitude first!" is not a valid excuse.

However.... acceptance of bad attitudes (including those liberals who are the nominal freight on our train leaving town) leads to ugliness as those bad attitudes always feel that they can dump on anyone, which isn't fair to those who are just being themselves, however angry "being themselves" makes some people. So it's not really in our state's best interests to be welcoming toward bad attitudes, at least not once the newcomer has made it plain they've brought that with them.

"Bad attitude" here being defined as "someone who expects others to change to accomodate them, but is unwilling to do the same for others."

Old 09-24-2010, 05:06 PM

189 posts, read 188,473 times
I think pretty much everyone sucks. That's why I'm going to live in the middle of nowhere... in Montana.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:38 PM

Heh heh Klapton, I'm with you... I hate everyone! Now get off my lawn!!

"He was gonna hit me, so I hit him back first."
-- NY Yankees manager Billy Martin, explaining how a brawl started

Old 09-24-2010, 06:51 PM

189 posts, read 188,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
ROFL. Sounds like Neocon foreign policy!

Old 09-25-2010, 01:33 PM

837 posts, read 713,684 times
I'm sentimental, if you know what I mean.
I love the country, but I can't stand the scene.
And I'm neither left or right,
I'm just staying home tonight,
Getting lost in that hopeless little screen.

--Leonard Cohen, Democracy

Have we not had enough with the liberal/conservative stuff? Isn't this why the country is in such a mess? I think it's fair to say that most folks are somewhere in the middle. Problem is, they're not the ones who tend to post on the boards. This state, and the USA for that matter, is so completely polarized that progress in ANY direction is nigh unto impossible. The head-knocking and left-right battling (which has become more popular in the last several years, IMO, with the advent of cable news; i.e. We get paid a lot of money to pi$$ people off! Let's do more of it!) has effectively concealed the reality of most issues. Most political discourse is intellectually void; I wish we could talk about how to fix this than to feed the Beast.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:01 AM

1,799 posts, read 1,846,705 times
Quote:
Okay... then why don't you accept us as ourselves, instead of telling us what bad attitudes we have and how awful it is to live in MT?? You're allowed to have a bad attitude, but we're not??
So you admit you do....
I've dealt with rude Montanans for too many years. I love that I have this forum to share the disliker's view. We have that right you know. Just because we don't like the place, doesn't make us "liars" or anything. It is OUR truth. If you don't like that, too bad.

Quote:
However.... acceptance of bad attitudes (including those liberals who are the nominal freight on our train leaving town) leads to ugliness as those bad attitudes always feel that they can dump on anyone, which isn't fair to those who are just being themselves, however angry "being themselves" makes some people. So it's not really in our state's best interests to be welcoming toward bad attitudes, at least not once the newcomer has made it plain they've brought that with them.

"Bad attitude" here being defined as "someone who expects others to change to accomodate them, but is unwilling to do the same for others."
You are the ones with bad attitudes though. Montanans are incredibly rude. My mother had the same point of view when we moved here. I'm quoting her exactly. She said, "These are the rudest people I have ever met." We're merely used to it. But when we leave on vacation and come back, we notice it again. And I know then that we were never imagining it. That is not something that can be explained. It just can't. I've shared the same sentiment with other transplants numerous times too! The stories we've exchanged with each other... phew. Common decency is missing. And these were transplants from very different parts of the country than me.
Explain that one.

Then there was that time I shared a story about our family and a neighbor staring at us for an uncomfortably long time. Only on this forum would staring at someone for an hour be completely justified behavior. In fact that story ended up with MY family (particularly my grandfather!) being insulted by you people... merely for the sake of defending your fellow Montanan. You guys pretty much called me a liar, and twisted the whole thing around to make it seem like MY family was rude. We're a nice decent midwestern family having a cookout and trying to catch up with each other after six months apart, and someone is just standing on the edge of his porch across the street rudely glaring at us.
And according to you guys, we're the a-holes. Right....
That was very hurtful.
Yes... every single person who has a negative opinion of Montana and/or it's residents is a "liar." Right. You guys showed that famous lack of class and civility once again. If you guys knew my grandfather, you'd feel pretty bad for implying that incident was his fault. He has a great deal more friends than my neighbor, who still lives there unfortunately.

Last edited by MSPLove; 09-26-2010 at 02:10 AM..

Old 09-26-2010, 02:16 AM

1,799 posts, read 1,846,705 times
Quote:
Heh heh Klapton, I'm with you... I hate everyone! Now get off my lawn!!

Sad thing is that I know you aren't joking....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana