U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-22-2010, 09:39 AM

6,425 posts, read 7,298,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I just hung my two smokepoles on the family room wall last night. A .45 Kentucky flintlock and a .50 Hawken. Also hung my powder horn and possibles bag.

Am I a gun nut?
No, I'd say you're a fine interior decorator.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:08 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,898,089 times
I'm sorry, but most "gun nuts" are just plain mental. I have a few buddies that are gun nuts...I mean, do you really have to take your assuault rifles and stockpile your vehicle and backpack everywhere you go?? It seems they are CONSTANTLY afraid of something (the government, black people, gangs, mexicans, gays, robbers, liberals, muggers, blah blah blah) They are annoying as hell, and come off as scared little babies. I have no problem with normal gun collectors....but the gun nuts are off in la-la land.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:33 AM

6,040 posts, read 6,535,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
I lived in Montana for 3 years and found that Montana conservatives are quite different than most conservatives across the country. A lot of Montana conservatives are just downright mean to just plain nuts. I lived in Missoula (a supposed liberal city) and have never seen so many gay bashings, racist skinheads walking around, and police shootouts with gun nuts.
This post is a load of total BS. Come up with comparative facts comparing the frequency of these incidents to just about any city of comparable size and I think you'll find that you just made this junk up because you couldn't make it here.
I call BS.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:02 PM

1,799 posts, read 1,842,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
because you couldn't make it here.
Is that supposed to be a badge of honor?! lmao
I have nothing but respect for anyone who gets out of here. In fact I bow down to them.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:32 PM

6,040 posts, read 6,535,698 times
Waiting for the door to slam ! See ya !

Old 09-22-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Waiting for the door to slam ! See ya !
There are no doors. No gates either. Horses all over the place.
But I'll be sure to dump my garbage at the border.

All these abrasive threads. "Liberals Run Out Of Town" ... "Not Wanting Newcomers"...
I LOOOOOVE how they can dish it out, but they can't take it. ROTFLMAO!!

I'd love to see some Montanans "make it" in other states.... that would be worth a popcorn and a soda to watch.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:05 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,124,421 times
Too bad, so sad, bye-bye!

Oh, and keep your garbage, enough people have dumped here already don't need no more.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Too bad, so sad, bye-bye!

Oh, and keep your garbage, enough people have dumped here already don't need no more.

No way, this is a perfect dump. Sounds like a bunch of self-loathing to me.
And I'll be screaming with joy as I go over the border.
And I'll leave you guys to your usual happy, content selves... lmao!!!!!!!!!!!
You guys live in a so-called "paradise" and yet just never seem happy... hmmmmmmmmm

People are "wuining" your state all the time... wah wah...

Old 09-22-2010, 01:32 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,124,421 times
And sadly, there will be those cheering your departure as well.
You have left a lot of ill will behind you, your last statement proves that well enough. Pettyness is never attractive.

I wish you well in your new endeavors, but without an attitude change I doubt anyplace will live up to your romantizied visions.

Change comes from within, it doesn't matter where you live, and without the willingness to be open and welcoming to people who may not share your views, the world can be a very cold place.

Good Luck.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
And sadly, there will be those cheering your departure as well.
You guys aren't real people, so who cares?
I'm not in your daily lives at all. It just goes to prove how unhappy you are. I could be posting from the other side of the world and my words would effecting you.
(And just as many good people in WI/MN will be applauding my return .)

Quote:
You have left a lot of ill will behind you, your last statement proves that well enough. Pettyness is never attractive.
This place has left me with a lot of ill will too.
Rudeness is never attractive.

Quote:
I wish you well in your new endeavors
Thanks!

Quote:
But without an attitude change I doubt anyplace will live up to your romantizied visions.
Yes, I know that's your petty oh-so bitter little wish....
Karma is a very real thing. So be careful what you wish on other people. I wasn't happy living in your state and now you wish me unhappiness elsewhere? Wow. Bitter!
'People' here are downright scary. No wonder I never felt quite safe here.

Quote:
Change comes from within, it doesn't matter where you live, and without the willingness to be open and welcoming to people who may not share your views, the world can be a very cold place.

Good Luck.
Montanans need not be lecturing anyone about attitudes... please. In the middle of this thread and countless others like it? Are you joking? A person was merely stating their view on things, and someone told them they were making it up, and that they, in effect "lost" (i.e. they "couldn't make it here"). There's this ongoing air of superiority that is so painfully easy to see through to what it really is. Noooo... maybe he just didn't care for it and left. Hard pill to swallow I guess.
Anyhoo... good luck to you too, you'll need it.

Last edited by MSPLove; 09-22-2010 at 01:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana