Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2010, 05:07 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times

Advertisements

I was trying to book a car rental in Bozeman (airport) and none had unlimited miles. I had not run into this before. I googled it and got some hits back from various travel blogs and forums with other people asking the same question. One reply from someone was to fly into Idaho and drive over because you could get unlimited miles in Idaho.
I didn't occur to me to check this before booking a flight into Bozeman.
Is this routine for car rentals in Montana or just Bozeman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 12:20 PM

214 posts, read 601,753 times
If your coming by air to Bozeman from another state, change it and get a ticket to Butte instead. Avis has unlimited miles there, and to be fair, Hertz, too. It's not that far of a drive and you'll enjoy it. You'll save a few bucks. The reason why the rental car co's in Missoula and Bozeman do this is long and complicated and I don't believe them.

Last edited by Jbechtel; 08-28-2010 at 12:30 PM..

Old 08-28-2010, 02:05 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,409,890 times
Alamo-National in Great Falls has unlimited miles. I know for a fact because I used to work there. Unless things have changed in three years, but I doubt it. And there are also branches of A-N in Bozeman and Missoula and they're owned by the same guy. I think Butte has a location too. (Can't quite remember.)

I can't think of a reason they wouldn't. I don't think age is a factor. You'd just need to pay more for the car if you were a young renter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana