Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2007, 08:02 PM

17 posts, read 67,610 times

Advertisements

My husband has a job lined up in Helena, we are thinking about living north of the city between Great falls and Helena. Can anyone give me info on the following towns: Wolf Creek, Craig and Cascade? I understand winters can be brutal as they are here in the north east, is route 15 plowed and salted per storm ? Any response would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 08:38 PM

529 posts, read 1,892,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tea.and.cookies View Post
My husband has a job lined up in Helena, we are thinking about living north of the city between Great falls and Helena. Can anyone give me info on the following towns: Wolf Creek, Craig and Cascade? I understand winters can be brutal as they are here in the north east, is route 15 plowed and salted per storm ? Any response would be greatly appreciated.
Interstate 15 is kept clear most year round, either by wind blowing through the canyon or the MDT and gravel.

Wolf Creek and Craig can be a difficult drive in the winter however.
Cascade is just 20 miles out of Great Falls in Cascade County.

I would suggest any place in the north valley.
Along Lincoln Rd., and over to the Canyon Creek area.

If you truly are interested in Wolf Creek, Craig, then settle temporary in Helena proper first and scout out the properties that might be available in those areas.

There are also some new housing developments going up in the north valley between Interstate 15 and Green Meadow Dr. in case you might be interested.

The best advice here is to visit, spend a week and drive around. Visit Craig and Wolf Creek, and other areas of mention in the north valley.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:00 AM

3 posts, read 4,912 times
I do believe that they have water problems from development in the North Helena valley. Some of the new homes in the north east part of town are really nice though. It seems odd that someone would consider commuting from Cascade or Craig or Lincoln into Helena when so much of the same opportunity lies closer to Helena.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:01 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
VISIT VISIT VISIT ! In both summer and winter if you can, even if you're moving from another rocky mountain state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana