Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2011, 09:41 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times

Advertisements

Tell me about the wind. hahaha This morning, it was easy feeding the horses. The barn with the bales is 100 ft from the corral with the horses. Just peal off about 4 inch of the bale and throw it in the air, it lands in the corral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 09:52 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Power on, Power off...
Seven!! Stop playing with the Clapper!

Old 04-30-2011, 10:52 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
Glad to get the buns ( a little overbaked ) out of the oven.
EH that is feeding anything here in Eastern Montana

The power lines look like the angels are playing jump rope.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:44 PM

We were just issued a "High Wind Warning" for South Central Mt and North Central WY. As if we didn't know it. Winds are now hitting 50+ and supposed to get up to 60+.

Think I'll give the horses a bait of grain this evening. They're working hard just trying to stay standing.

Just got a call from Mike and Sheil up in the Oil Patch. Power has been out since early morning. They are in the camper off their pickup truck. They said something about it being a tad chilly. But that wasn't the big worry. The big worry was they were down to only 4 beers and the local watering hole was closed cause they don't have any power. It could be an emergency situation real soon.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:32 AM

448 posts, read 1,070,198 times
Holy Moly batman, we gotta make a beer run to ?
We ended up with 4-6" of that wet, heavy white stuff Sat morning, but nice thing is, it warmed up and it was gone in 4 hours!
Baten down the hatches, the wind will blow today, just watch!

Old 05-01-2011, 09:50 AM

It's still blowing down here. We've got a 40% chance of precip so I expect it's going to be chili at the bar-b-q this afternoon. It's Sunday and on Sunday I bar-b-q, even during the winter.

When I had my house in town I had a Gen-air stove and could bar-b-q on it. Sure miss it but wouldn't move back into town for nothing.

I've got a camera that says it will do video's. I've had it for 2 years and I've never tried it. So this morning, I gave it a shot. Let's see if it works.

Just click on the picture. Somebody let me know if it worked. hahaha

Old 05-01-2011, 10:59 AM

I'll catch flack for this one.

A Texan, a Californian, and a Montanan are out riding horses. The Texan pulls out an expensive bottle of whiskey, takes a long draught, then another, and suddenly throws it into the air, pulls out his gun and shoots the bottle in midair.

The Californian looks at him and says, "What are you doing?! That was a perfectly good bottle of whiskey!"

The Texan says, "In Texas, there's plenty of whiskey and bottles are cheap."

A while later, not wanting to be outdone, the Californian pulls out a bottle of champagne, takes a few sips, throws the champagne bottle into the air, pulls out his gun and shoots it in midair.

The Montanan can't believe this and says, "What the heck did you do that for??? That was an expensive bottle of champagne!"

The Californian says "In California, there's plenty of champagne and bottles are cheap."

So a while later, the Montanan pulls out a bottle of Bud. He opens it, takes a sip, takes another sip, then chugs the rest. He then puts the bottle back in his saddlebag, pulls out his gun, turns around, and shoots the Californian.

The Texan, shocked, says, "Why the hell did you do that!"

The Montanan replied, "Well, in Montana we have plenty of Californians, and bottles are worth a nickel."

Old 05-01-2011, 12:26 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
LOL!!!

May I have your permission to share that one?
I had an especially difficult night at work and I needed that! Thanks EH

And yes you modern fellow that video works I got a flip camera for Christmas and all I have to do is plug it in and I can choose for it to go to my Y-tube account and set the privacy as I will. Amazing stuff.

Well we did ok, no snow but I heard at work maybe there was a small tornado in the storm in western ND. I believe it because the clouds on Friday were very worrisome...
Blue skies over here and no work for a week as I wrap up some course work. Thinking about some good old fashion chilly dogs..

Old 05-01-2011, 12:34 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times
Sundown tonight marks the beginning of Yom ha Shoah, Holocaust Remembrance Day.

I've posted an explanation of http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...righteous.html at the Religious forum.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:25 PM

24 posts, read 39,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I'll catch flack for this one.

A Texan, a Californian, and a Montanan are out riding horses. The Texan pulls out an expensive bottle of whiskey, takes a long draught, then another, and suddenly throws it into the air, pulls out his gun and shoots the bottle in midair.

The Californian looks at him and says, "What are you doing?! That was a perfectly good bottle of whiskey!"

The Texan says, "In Texas, there's plenty of whiskey and bottles are cheap."

A while later, not wanting to be outdone, the Californian pulls out a bottle of champagne, takes a few sips, throws the champagne bottle into the air, pulls out his gun and shoots it in midair.

The Montanan can't believe this and says, "What the heck did you do that for??? That was an expensive bottle of champagne!"

The Californian says "In California, there's plenty of champagne and bottles are cheap."

So a while later, the Montanan pulls out a bottle of Bud. He opens it, takes a sip, takes another sip, then chugs the rest. He then puts the bottle back in his saddlebag, pulls out his gun, turns around, and shoots the Californian.

The Texan, shocked, says, "Why the hell did you do that!"

The Montanan replied, "Well, in Montana we have plenty of Californians, and bottles are worth a nickel."
Rules to live by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana