Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2011, 06:34 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,005,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
- snip -

Elk Hunter... how's that foot coming along? Much better I hope.

-snip -.
2 doctors appointments today. Foot is much better. No bandage, no medication, no more antibiotics, no more soaking. Now it just feels funny inside my boot with no nail. Still a little tender, but not bad at all.

Now as long I don't shoot off a toe while hunting, I'll be fine. Going to try out a new .25-06 I got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 01:52 AM

225 posts, read 302,958 times
Glad to hear you are doing much better. Keep up with the good recovery.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:33 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,656,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
2 doctors appointments today. Foot is much better. No bandage, no medication, no more antibiotics, no more soaking. Now it just feels funny inside my boot with no nail. Still a little tender, but not bad at all.

Now as long I don't shoot off a toe while hunting, I'll be fine. Going to try out a new .25-06 I got.

Good new EH, seems like I have been seeing lots of these problems this past summer.
Good luck, have only seen two roosters on the prairie this year.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:51 AM

8,086 posts, read 15,128,800 times
So what's got a big spread, suitable for blasting starlings? The goose loads I use in the 20ga. to sting coyotes and goats take out as much of the tree as they do of starlings.

Damn things left so much guano all over everything that last week I finally lost it and went starling hunting. Ain't quite so many of 'em this week, tho there sure are a lot of pine branches on the ground...

Old 10-14-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
So what's got a big spread, suitable for blasting starlings? The goose loads I use in the 20ga. to sting coyotes and goats take out as much of the tree as they do of starlings.

Damn things left so much guano all over everything that last week I finally lost it and went starling hunting. Ain't quite so many of 'em this week, tho there sure are a lot of pine branches on the ground...
You don't want wider spread, you want lighter shot. What are you using now? I'd drop it a couple notches and see what happens. Probably 7 shot or smaller.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:22 PM

8,086 posts, read 15,128,800 times
#4 is what I get for stinging larger vermin. Want more spread for firing into a flock on the wing, under the theory that the wider the spread the more starlings I'll hit. If they only came in ones and twos I wouldn't mind 'em, but they come in billions!!!

Would help if some more crows would move in, but the two that are only part-time residents aren't enough to discourage starlings. When I had 6 crows that lived on the place full-time, I only had one pair of starlings, and a ton of little songbirds. Now I just have starlings.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:07 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,115,307 times
Quote:
#4 is what I get for stinging larger vermin. Want more spread for firing into a flock on the wing, under the theory that the wider the spread the more starlings I'll hit. If they only came in ones and twos I wouldn't mind 'em, but they come in billions!!!

Would help if some more crows would move in, but the two that are only part-time residents aren't enough to discourage starlings. When I had 6 crows that lived on the place full-time, I only had one pair of starlings, and a ton of little songbirds. Now I just have starlings.
Get your self a box of "SKEET" loads (it's #9 shot) and effective on birds out to about 35 yards.....I've killed many a Bob White Quail out of a 20ga, with and Improved Cylinder Choke & #9s.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:

In 2 of my shotguns, smaller shot does tend to spread a bit more. On my other shotgun, it doesn't matter what I run through it. #7 shot blows a 4 inch hole through cardboard at 90 ft. But it's kind of specially set up as a Turkey gun.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:41 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,115,307 times
Default ....shrimp lovers delight..

........Hey Gang, try this......................dinner for two

approx 1/2 (pound+) Shrimp (preferably not Farm Raised) shelled, deveined + keep on ice till ready to fry. (butterfly them preferably)

Mix (well) together in large bowl: 16oz water; 3/4 cup Cornstarch; one large or exlarge egg.

Put ONE cup good quality fresh Bread Crumbs (reg or Italian) in Large Zip Lock Bag.....
Dip shrimp in bowl and coat thoroughly---put half of the shrimp in the Zip lock and "shake thoroughly".....remove and put on the side.
Dip the other half of shrimp in Ziplock (I add a "little bit more crumbs") & shake.

Now, mix the dipping batter again. Add about 1/4 cup PANKO CRUMBS to the remaining bread crumbs in the zip lock ......dip the already coated shrimp in the batter (a 2nd time) and then shake them again in the bread crumb/Panko mixture.

Deep Fry In previously heated Grape Seed Oil (about 2 at a time) (G.S. Oil is fantastic for deep frying --can bring to over 400F and not smoke & has NO taste!!). Remove when GOLDEN BROWN.

I also use this same recipie for "chunks of Halibut".

Old 10-15-2011, 05:51 PM

Default Montana Rancher Investigated by State/Gov officials

The Montana Department of Employment, Division of Labor Standards, claimed a small rancher was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to investigate him.

STATE GOV’T AGENT: “I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them.”

RANCHER: ”Well, there’s my hired hand who’s been with me for 3 years. I pay him $200 a week plus free room and board.
Then there’s the mentally challenged guy. He works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here.

He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night so he can cope with life. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally.”

STATE GOV’T AGENT: “That’s the guy I’d like to talk to - the mentally challenged one.”

RANCHER: “That would be me.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana