Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2012, 07:35 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Loss of control is something that we all hate to face, I try to remind myself of it everyday.
We only have right now..I am sure she found comfort that you were there and it gave her a connection, maybe that is why you were there also.
I am so sorry my friend. You watch out for alot of people in many places. We appreciate you.
I'm ok.

I went out earlier and it's snowing. Hard. Kind of funny, I went out, then I come in and put my hoodie on, then I went out, then I come in and put a second hoodie on, then I went out and decided it was fricken cold out there. haha

It is one of those days. Snowing hard. It's only 65 degrees in here and it's comfortable. If it gets any colder I'll have to start the propane heater and get some toasty going. hahahaha We'll see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 10:13 PM

225 posts, read 303,815 times
WOW. Sorry you had such a crappy trip EH.
Then again, I am so glad you were there to comfort the man during his last moments. At least, he was not alone. Bless you for all you do. The world needs a lot more people like you.
Glad to hear you made it back home safe and sound.
Nothing much going on here. Just the s.o.s. everyday. Had to take mom to the ER a few days ago. Her BP was up, she was having headaches and chest pains, and palpitations. She had been out of her meds because Direct TV caused her to be over drawn. ... She had asked them to change her billing cycle several times.. and to take out the payment on the 5th of every month. First they had told her NO.. Now they tell her they can change the billing cycle but they can not change the day they take out the automatic withdrawal. I told mom that makes no sense. Told her to stop the auto pay for them and just pay them on her terms and not theirs. If they didnt like that then they could stick their dish where the sun doesnt shine.
They sent the payment thru 2 X's and each time bank refused.. that was $25 every time they refused.They sent it thru AGAIN 3rd time.. this time bank paid it.. charged mom $25... thats $75 so far in OD fees. THENnnnn the electric company wanted their payment... bank sent it back.. Insufficient funds..another $25 charge!..So, that was 100 dollars worth of charges mom had to pay. That 100 dollars would have been mom's prescriptions for this month!!
I got her to call Direct TV and stop the automatic withdrawal.... guess what they told her??...
It takes 30 days for it to take effect.. I'm like WTF!!!??? SO ... that means that AGAIN.. they will probably over draw her account in March.
Unless, hubby can send me a few dollars to put in her account so it will cover it. Keeping fingers crossed that our money comes in on time. LOL
The ER gave her a dose of her meds for that night and told her to call the pharmacy the next day and see if they would fill her meds and charge it.
Mom called and the pharmacist was real sweet. He told Mom.. DONT EVER go without your meds.. we will work something out.
Mom had doc appt yesterday and I asked doc if there were other meds that would work just as well that they could substitute for the ones she is on now.. so mom would have a cheaper co-pay. Yep.. there was. So, hopefully this coming month her co-pays will be cut in half. I already called the phone company and got her bill reduced and got the senior discount... that's saving her about 20 dollars a month!
My sister sent mom a few dollars and we went down and paid the light bill with that. So that's taken care of.
Mom is going to call her caseworker Monday to see if I can be put on as her caregiver.. I think I will get paid for that. That would help a lot.
I let the dog out to go potty last night and I heard some noise... crunching ice... so I grabbed the maul and stood there and signaled for Bruno to be quiet and come back up on the porch.. (OMG! HE DID IT!!!) Stood there quiet as a mouse and watched and waited....... Bruno didnt growl or bark or move... waited... waited..slow crunching footsteps getting closer and ... closer... and........
There it was!!! Appearing around the corner of the shed..... a HUGE.............................................. ...........................................deer. LOL
It walked past the shed and up to about 10 ft away from us.. looked at us and slowly turned around and walked away. First deer I have seen in a couple of weeks. So, I guess that mountain lion aint been around... havent seen any tracks lately.
Lets see.....what else..... Oh, I made spicey chicken and rice for dinner yesterday and we had the leftovers today with some pickled beets and pepper steak. Mom felt good enough today to make homemade biscuits.. they were yummy. Am thinking I may save the juice from the beets and make some pickled eggs... yep.. thats what I'm gonna do.
Anyway.. thats the excitement from my neck of the woods. Hope everyone else is doing well.
TTYL

Old 02-26-2012, 01:05 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
Ma, glad you mom is better, the medication shuffle at its best huh?
Yikes, not interested in any Mountain Lions around..
We do appreciate our EH
Lotsa snow neighbors.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:10 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,712 times
I have to come out of "lurk" mode to express to EH what a wonderful person I think he is. You are in my prayers EH as well as the family of the poor man that was taken in the accident. You are most definately an angel in my eyes.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:40 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,344,416 times
Thanks EH. Yeah, that road from Sturgis is bad news. I can't imagine living there, summer or winter.

Saw a herd of deer in town yesterday, 6.

Well, off to Big Sky for the entire week. Come see me at the conferences. Gotta get going here. Jasper is on his own this week. I will come home every other day to check on him.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:23 PM

225 posts, read 303,815 times
Just wanted to let ya'll know..................
my pickled eggs sucked!!.. LOL
The color was right but I had watered down the juice and it didnt have enough of that pickly sweetness.
Oh well... better luck next time.
Turned them into deviled eggs instead. Waste not, want not... right. Sure were some purdy deviled eggs though. hahahahahahahhahahaha

Old 02-27-2012, 05:34 AM

203 posts, read 496,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
Just wanted to let ya'll know..................
my pickled eggs sucked!!.. LOL
The color was right but I had watered down the juice and it didnt have enough of that pickly sweetness.
Oh well... better luck next time.
Turned them into deviled eggs instead. Waste not, want not... right. Sure were some purdy deviled eggs though. hahahahahahahhahahaha
Aww bummer

I plan on doing this today:

Spicy Hot Hard Boiled Eggs

2 dozen peeled hard boiled eggs
2 tbs sea salt
1 tbs mustard seed
1 tbs celery seed
1 tbs pickling spice
4-7 fresh chili peppers
4-6 cloves fresh garlic
1 white onion
2 sweet Vidalia onions
3 cups white vinegar
1 cup cider vinegar
1 cup water

Sliced onions and garlic.

Dice 1 chili pepper and put in sauce pan with its seeds.

Add the white vinegar, cider vinegar, water, salt, celery seed, mustard seed and pickling spice in the sauce pan and bring to a boil.

Put peeled hard boiled eggs, sliced onions, sliced garlic and remaining fresh uncut chili peppers in gallon glass jar.

Pour in boiling sauce and put lid on immediately so that when it cools it will seal. (If sauce doesn't fill the jar, top off with white vinegar until it is about 1/4 inch from the top).

You can find different varied recipes online, I got this one off of cook.com. I liked it without the mustard seed. But to each their own. I kept it in the recipe.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:59 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,748,965 times
We just drove up from NM to Red Lodge- clear sailing until we hit Sheridan. From there until Hardin it was a hellacious drive with icy roads, blowing snow. The worst was a semi passing somewhere near Lodge Grass leaving us in a white out where we couldn't see where the road stopped & the curve started with a car right behind us.

But the drive from Billings down to Red Lodge was sure one of the most beautiful mountain views anywhere. What a beautiful state you all have.

Ooooh those eggs sound good!

Old 02-27-2012, 08:11 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfunkerror View Post
Aww bummer

2 tbs sea salt
1 tbs mustard seed
1 tbs celery seed
1 tbs pickling spice
4-7 fresh chili peppers
4-6 cloves fresh garlic
1 white onion
2 sweet Vidalia onions
3 cups white vinegar
1 cup cider vinegar
1 cup water

Add the white vinegar, cider vinegar, water, salt, celery seed, mustard seed and pickling spice in the sauce pan and bring to a boil.

Put peeled hard boiled eggs, sliced onions, sliced garlic and remaining fresh uncut chili peppers in gallon glass jar.

Pour in boiling sauce and put lid on immediately so that when it cools it will seal. (If sauce doesn't fill the jar, top off with white vinegar until it is about 1/4 inch from the top).

You can find different varied recipes online, I got this one off of cook.com. I liked it without the mustard seed. But to each their own. I kept it in the recipe.
That is too funny. I just put together 18 eggs. But I put mine together in Jalapena's. I will let mine soak for about 3-4 weeks.

Jalapena's, habenaros's, mustard, onion, etc..... I don't know if anybody remembers my salsa. Seven does. hahahahaha

I'm screwed. I have no TV, nothing. hahaha I have dish network and it went out. They said that they'll send me a new receiver and I will get it by Wednesday. Oh goodie. hahahahaha So for the next few days I get to watch the horses. But that is a good thing.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:20 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfunkerror View Post
Aww bummer

2 tbs sea salt
1 tbs mustard seed
1 tbs celery seed
1 tbs pickling spice
4-7 fresh chili peppers
4-6 cloves fresh garlic
1 white onion
2 sweet Vidalia onions
3 cups white vinegar
1 cup cider vinegar
1 cup water

My wife will not allow me to eat pickled eggs any longer. It is a forbidden fruit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana