Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2013, 07:44 PM

225 posts, read 303,889 times

Advertisements

Sorry I havent been around. Just been sitting back taking things easy.
Hope everyone has been doing okay.

Belated Happy Birthday to the un named person (Rez). Hope your day was awesome!

Mom and I are doing okay. Just taking things one day at a time. Thats all any of us can do..... right?
Still waiting on the answer to my appeal.

So what have ya'll been up to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 06:50 PM

415 posts, read 560,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
And the long underwear that I don't dare take off??!!
Gotta be the GloBull Warming!

Old 06-05-2013, 09:33 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Ha, I had adventuresome Bday... ("Adventure is somebody else, having a difficult time, a long ways away." -- Brian Stableford)

Had one of my beasties escape out of her crate, climb out of the horse trailer, and didn't find her for a couple days, tho none the worse for wear. Then we had monsoons and hurricanes and hailstorms, all at once. And then I went to Calif to pick up some stuff at the old place and fetch a trailer, and here's this giant fire behind my house. Well, five miles behind my house, but the county is all in a dither and has the road blocked off, tho they developed better sense by the next day. (It's mostly the middle of nowhere burning, despite the media frenzy. And the brush desperately needs to be burned off.) The trailer is very ugly and is so bent it sits crooked (tho it tows straight! I think it's been rolled) but it did the job, and the price was right!

And how was your Bday?

Old 06-06-2013, 07:21 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Hope upon hope that it is done.

Sunday, I finally planted my mator plants, jalapenas, and I transplanted my wild strawberrys.

Last year, mid summer, I dug up some wild strawberrys up on the mountain. I carefully planted them in a garden here. I nursed them along and got them to take and they looked pretty good when the snow flew. This spring, they come up thicker and better. So on Sunday, I dug and split them so right now I have about 3 times as many as I did last fall. The wild strawberrys are smaller, but they taste so much better than store bought plants.

So garden planting on Sunday and of course we had frost yesterday morning. I'm hoping we're done with that crap. haha. I love winter and I love the cold, however, I love spring too and besides, enough is enough. I did see it coming and I covered all of my plants the night before. Every thing is looking good.

The neighbor officially needs to be shot. haha. I was talking to her over the tense and asked her how her asparegus was doing. She had transplanted a bunch last year. She said it was doing great and asked if I wanted some. So we went to get some and all of it is 3 ft tall and turned to seed. I asked her why she hadn't cut it earlier? She had no idea when it was ready and was waiting for somebody to tell her. I told her, "OK, it should be about ready, 3 weeks ago." hahaha

Remember the flooding I had 2 years ago? It wiped out my wild rasberrys. They're back!!! They are small and I don't think I will get much this year, but I have hope for next year. I thought I had lost them forever. There was no sign of them at all last year. Right next to them my horseradish is back too.

This year is looking pretty good.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:41 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Remember, one zucchini can feed India!!

And the correct way to get rid of surplus zucchini is to carefully place a grocery bagfull on the front seat of any unlocked car you see.

(That actually happened to us once.. it's why people in Great Falls lock their cars during August.)

Old 06-09-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Remember, one zucchini can feed India!!

And the correct way to get rid of surplus zucchini is to carefully place a grocery bagfull on the front seat of any unlocked car you see.

(That actually happened to us once.. it's why people in Great Falls lock their cars during August.)
I was born in Eastern South Dakota and that is exactly how it worked. About mid July, people started locking their cars when in town or you'd come out of the store and the back seat was full of zuch.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:53 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Has anybody heard from DontLookPhoto lately? We haven't seen him here since mid-May...

Old 06-10-2013, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Has anybody heard from DontLookPhoto lately? We haven't seen him here since mid-May...
You are right. It's Spring and he's usually out on his kayak hunting those elusive trout, but he's not usually missing that long, more weekend trip kind of thing. Hope everything is OK. 5-15 is his last log in.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:43 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
You are right. It's Spring and he's usually out on his kayak hunting those elusive trout, but he's not usually missing that long, more weekend trip kind of thing. Hope everything is OK. 5-15 is his last log in.
Let's hope he's just out enjoying the NW spring...

Old 06-11-2013, 02:08 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,120,376 times
Default A reminder:...Deer and motorcycles= sad ending!!

.....Living in Montana (and other states populated by deer and other sizeable wildlife), we all are familiar with the "unexpected".................................w ell unfortunately we had an unexpected death here in the south end of the Bitterroot Valley the other morning. A local 60 yr old gentlemen was riding his motorcycle to work on Highway #93 and collided with a deer..........not a careless person,...not a novice, just an example of "wrong place/wrong time". He will be missed!!!!!!

Stay alert folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana