Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2013, 08:17 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
What I want to know is, who the hell designed the 4th of July right in the middle of haying season? That's where I will be camping. On the polished seat of a 9N.
Been there, done that... In WV. Usually hot, humid and sitting on either my friends Cub, Super C or Super M.
Then relaxing in a metal shed with a fan and a fridge full of cold ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 10:58 AM

225 posts, read 303,889 times
Hi all.. just wanted to stop in and let ya'll know how things are going.
Got my 2nd denial letter from SSI on Saturday.
Mom and I have decided we are not going to wait around and we are going back to Alabama. We are putting what little bit we have in storage, taking our clothes and important papers, and pets and stuffing it in the car. We plan on leaving Aug 3rd or Aug 5th.
We have no freaking idea where we will live. My cousin said we could stay at her place.... but if you knew my cousin... you'd probably wanna camp out in the woods instead. LOL
I've been homeless before.. wont be the first time. And I aint 'fraid to sleep outside.... no bears or mountain lions where we going.
As soon as I get to Alabama I am getting a disability attorney and refiling. No need to get one here then move off to Alabama. And if we wait around til its all done it will be too late to pack up and hit the road because of the weather.
And to think the doc wrote me a prescription for a walker .. and I called them to let them know... next day I get a denial letter. Pffffft

They said I would do best at a job that does not require frequent standing or walking or heavy lifting or carrying.... WTH?? No one is going to hire me like that.. and last I heard prostitution was illegal.

So.. If ya'll dont hear from me for a while.. thats why.
Well, got to get back to sorting some stuff.
Talk to ya'll later.
Wishing everyone a great 4th of July!!

Old 07-01-2013, 05:14 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
They said I would do best at a job that does not require frequent standing or walking or heavy lifting or carrying.... WTH?? No one is going to hire me like that.. and last I heard prostitution was illegal.
Hi 'dere!

Try Walmart. I'm serious. They have a general policy of hiring the otherwise-unhireable (yeah, it makes for gratitude and keeps costs down, but why not take advantage of it?), ie. the elderly and mildly disabled that rightly or wrongly, no one else wants. Hell, apply for door greeter if nothing else (they CAN sit if need be). No benefits and not full time, but sometimes a job is a job.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:37 PM

Thx Rez.. I may just do that once we get back to Alabama. I know there are 3 walmart stores within close proximity of where we will be going. 1 in Phenix City itself and 2 across the state line in Columbus Georgia.
It would be better than nothing. Also.. I know a few security companies there and I may be able to get a job doing at one of there posts out in the middle of nowhere that most people dont want to go to. LOL
Me, I prefer to be left alone out in the boon docks. :P
Man it is hot today!!!!

Old 07-01-2013, 08:34 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Who cranked up the thermostat? It is too hot. Way too hot. Time for a trip to Glacier!

Old 07-01-2013, 09:16 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
We used to go to a place called Ice Mountain in West Virginia. It was this slope of talus rocks that accumulated ice in the colder months then vented it out in the summer. It could be 100deg and humid and you could park your rear end by a vent spewing 35deg ice air.

Ice Mountain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-01-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
Also.. I know a few security companies there and I may be able to get a job doing at one of there posts out in the middle of nowhere that most people dont want to go to. LOL
Me, I prefer to be left alone out in the boon docks. :P
Man it is hot today!!!!
That's another good idea! night desk or watchman or the like. I might have to look into that myself.

Hot here all of a sudden too, 93 or so ... either monsoon or roast, what kind of MT summer is that?!

Old 07-02-2013, 07:44 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
That's another good idea! night desk or watchman or the like. I might have to look into that myself.

Hot here all of a sudden too, 93 or so ... either monsoon or roast, what kind of MT summer is that?!
Throw in a snowstorm, a killer frost in July or August, some hurricane force winds, wildfires and maybe some floods, and it would be a normal Montana summver

Old 07-02-2013, 08:42 AM

Well, there WAS snow down to about 5200 feet a couple weeks ago... but it didn't make it down to the valley. I was shocked; I think this is the first year I've known without 6" on the ground sometime in June, and that's ALL the ground, not just carefully selected mountains!

Supposed to be 96 today, already well on its way

Old 07-03-2013, 01:25 AM

Well.. it's the 3rd. Mom gets her money and we are going to go rent a small storage unit and start putting stuff in storage. I cleaned the pantry out today and gave a lot of the groceries to a neighbor.
Only kept a few things that I know we will use b4 time to go.
One neighbor tried to talk us out of leaving until Sept. but mom dont want to wait. Plus I need to get to Alabama and get an attorney b4 the 60 day limit is up.
I know it was hot yesterday and the day before... but it sure is going to be a heck of a lot hotter going through those southern states. It may be hot as 400 hell's in the south.. but it's still home and thats where we want to be.
We may be homeless when we first get there.. but we will survive. Besides.. I got my nice set of dishes in the trunk of the car... we may be homeless but by golly we are going to be eating off of some nice plates. LMAO!
Gonna get 6 of those plastic tote storage bins and strap them to the roof of the car.(Gotta buy lots of rope). Dog and cats will ride in back seat. What we dont take is either storage or trash.
Can always reuse the totes when we get there for a container garden.
I told mom we may just have to drive early morning or night when it is cooler and rest under a shady tree during the day... We'll just have to see how it goes.
I got ants in my pants. If we had the money.. we would leave this weekend. LOL
Anyway.. ya'll just take it easy in this heat. Try to stay cool and dont get out and get yourself no heatstroke.!
Talk to ya later.
Hugs to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana