Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2013, 07:12 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,156,006 times

Advertisements

You know you are too tired when... you try to make pancakes by dumping flour into the frypan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 07:44 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,045,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
You know you are too tired when... you try to make pancakes by dumping flour into the frypan.
Well, if you add a cup of milk, some baking soda, some salt, you would have one huge pancake that sticks to the pan really bad.

You must have been tired. That's one of the reasons I set up my coffee pot before I go to bed. I'm really afraid of what I would make if I was half asleep and tried to make coffee.

When I was about 6, dad come home from the road and he told me to start some potatos frying. So I grabbed the bottle of oil and poured in about a quarter inch and started cutting up potatos in it. Dad come out of the shower and asked how it was going, and he went to stir the potatos. He kind of laughed and asked me, what bottle of oil did you use? So I pointed it out to him up in the cupboard, I had used the step stool to get it down. There was no label on the bottle, it was half full. There was a full one there, but I wanted to use this one up first. So he showed me how the bottle was a little different shape.

It seems that the lady that came and cleaned once a week, and stocked the shelves, had found that the "Karo" syrup bottle had run down the side a little bit, so in washing it, she had washed the label off of it.

Moral of the story? Karo syrup doesn't do well for frying potatos.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:13 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
I feel your pain Rez.

The wife and I were staying in the cabin, she was going to make flapjacks for breakfast, so went to the container where we keep the mix and made batter.

She poured it onto our cast iron griddle, but it didn't act right, just got flat and hard, didn't color right, so she asked me what was going on, and I couldn't figure out why we had boiler plate tortillas instead of fluffy golden pancakes.

When my mother showed up later in the day, mystery solved. She had used the last of the mix and had started making new when she found she didn't have all the ingredients, so just left flour in the container.

Even the dogs had a tough time eating those flour tortillas we made instead of breakfast

Old 11-03-2013, 09:48 PM

When it finally occurred to me to dump the flour into the bowl and actually make pancake mix, well, they came out really good. Maybe I should do 'em this way more often.

Way better than the ones I made last week, which involved frozen milk.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:09 AM

This is just too durn funny:

Obamacare by Morning CMA Awards Carrie Underwood & Brad Paisley - YouTube

Old 11-11-2013, 07:35 PM

Something not exactly veteran-related, but the same spirit, in kids:

On the Road: Middle school football players execute life-changing play - YouTube

Old 11-15-2013, 07:06 PM

225 posts, read 303,889 times
Hello EVERYONE!!!!
I hope all is well with y'all. Mom and I are finally in our own place. We rented a trailer in October and moved in. We had no furniture or anything but we did have a roof over our heads.
So nice to have a place of our own again. Through the help of family and friends we have gotten furniture. We are still in need of 2 beds but my brother says he is working on that. We have 2 nice sofas that we sleep on at the moment.
My brother flew up to Spokane and then rented a truck and picked up our stuff (knick knacks and pictures etc.. we had no furniture as we gave all that away before we moved) in Libby and then brought it to us in Alabama. He also managed to get us some furniture.
We have accumulated 2 large sofas, a coffee table, 2 end tables, 2 nice dressers, a china hutch, a small TV stand, a TV, book case, and a small round oak dinette set, microwave and toaster oven.. and my brother has us a washer n dryer and 2 more book cases and a pink chair that he has to bring down...hopefully he will have also found us beds by then as well.
2 new additions to the family. A white kitten named Casper and a Chorkie (chihuahua/yorkie mix) named Chloe.
Got internet turned on today.. and just had to stop by and update y'all.
Still havent heard anything on my disability claim.
Things are going well. And I can honestly say that this Thanksgiving will really be special for me. I am Thankful for friends and family that have helped mo and me so much. And strangers that have become friends via internet. The world is full of wonderful people. They are hard to find at times.. but they are out there.
Check out the pics.
Have a blessed day.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...our-stuff.html

Old 11-15-2013, 08:11 PM

Hey MaB! Sounds like it's lookin' up!

That isn't just furniture, that's NICE furniture! I love wooden stuff like that.

That's a cool rug, with the apples on it! (I guess they're apples!)

Old 11-16-2013, 05:57 AM

225 posts, read 303,889 times
Thx Rez. Yes, that is very nice furniture. And yes... those are apples on the carpet. One of the things mom did keep and had put in storage.
Leave it to my brother to pick out nice things. Oh... and the only thing he paid for was the microwave and toaster oven... $17 @Goodwill. The rest of the furniture was FREE!!!!
TV was free too.
On his next trip down he will try to bring us the washer and dryer, the pink chair, 2 more bookcases and hopefully he will have us some beds. Then we will be set.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:05 AM

That's why I've never bought furniture -- there's all kinds of nice stuff begging for new homes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana