Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2014, 11:17 AM

6,743 posts, read 8,510,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I am up to 8 oz of liquid food per day now. Talk about a cheap date. hahahaha.

Thank heaven for Beer!

Great that you get to see the grandkids, especially since you haven't been able to for so long. I'm glad you are listening to the doc. Sometimes the really do know what they're talking about

Looks like the storm riders are coming up here today, those clouds were black and low when I came into work, nearly had to turn on the lights to drive in. Hope we get a little rain to break this heat! I had a brush with Heat Exhaustion on the 4th, bucking bales in 95 degree heat, not a good idea Feeling a lot better now, but I sure can't take the heat anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 11:35 AM

225 posts, read 302,174 times
Wow EH.... didnt know you were going through so much!!!! OMG u crazy cuss.... LISTEN to the docs when they tell you to take it easy!!!!
(ha! look who's talking here haha)
I hope you heal up good as new and wish you a speedy recovery. Sorry you have been through so much grief lately.

As for me.. still waiting on a hearing date for my disability. Seeing a Psychologist every week and a Psychiatrist every other month. The Psychiatrist says I am not Bi Polar. He seems to think my anger issues, anxiety and panic attacks etc are from PTSD. Told me I can not work because mental and physical limitations will not allow it and I should keep applying for disability.
He says PTSD takes years of therapy and there is no quick fix. He has me on 0.5mg ClonazePAM 2x day and 80mg of Latuda once a day. Along with my BP meds etc.

The man is Chinese and I could barely understand him. That plus he had a loud azzed ticking clock on his wall .. I cant stand ticking anything... and I told him so. I finally told him I was gonna smash that #$%^! clock to bits if he didnt hurry up. He says to me... Ahhhh you have no patience. I said DUH! how long did it take you to figure that out.
I was not in good mood that day. Reason being:
Seems I got a double dose of the itchies ... got into poison Ivy and poison Oak... which in turn brought on a psoriatic outbreak. I had itchy scaley oozing patches all over my legs, arms, and chest. My head was killing me and all my joints were achy from the psoriatic arthritis flare up.
I got home and decided I was tired of the headache and the itchy scalp and gave myself a buzz cut. You should have seen the look on Mom's face. And the look on the psychologists face on my next visit.
I did not care. It stopped the itchy and it sure was a heck of a lot cooler than all that hair. lol

Couple weeks later I had to see the psychologist and (who by the way is evidently more of a child psychologist) and she asked me if I thought therapy was helping. I said well...... therapy maybe... but you.. NO!
She kept asking me childish questions etc (mom goes with me on these visits and she can tell you.. the woman treats me like a child and its almost as if she is baiting me trying to get me angry).
Therapist asked me... Are you mad? Do you feel angry? Why not? What's different? Sounds like you are getting upset. Are you upset now? Why are you getting upset?
All my answers were no, No, I dont know, I DONT KNOW. A little. I wasnt upset, mad or angry until you kept pushing it lady. Now back the @#$% off!!!!
Mom even told her she was pushing the issue.
She asked mom... what do you do when she gets angry? Mom says... well, for one thing .... I dont deliberately push her buttons. and 2. If she is angry I leave her alone until she calms down.

I was going to ask for a different therapist but last visit she informed us she was leaving July 31st. So I guess I have to start over again with a new therapist. We'll see how it goes.

It was storming that day also. Lights went out in the building so session ended early. People standing in the lobby looking at the downpour and saying how terrible it was outside. I told mom... watch this @#$t... Walked outside in the pouring rain with my head tilted back... mouth open trying to catch rain drops. People inside acting like I was crazy.
I'm not crazy... I was just living in the moment and enjoying it.
Besides... I was at the Mental Health Center... perfect place to act crazy.... right?????? LOL

Anyway... thought y'all would get a laugh at that.

Well, tried to do a little yard work yesterday... I dropped about 200lbs on my daughters foot. Luckily nothing broken. Just bruised. That put an end to the yard work yesterday.

Oh... I forgot to mention. I was weighing in at 315 when I left Montana. I am now down to 292! First time I have been under 300lbs in over 3 yrs. Yayyyyyy me.

Time to go find something to do..... maybe. LOL

Old 07-11-2014, 09:27 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,898,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Now Elk, I know you're startin' to feel frisky again, but don't you go gettin' no notions about bull ridin', hear??
Boy howdy, would that set the doctor sqwaking. hahaha

Old 07-12-2014, 12:22 AM

8,083 posts, read 15,085,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
I got home and decided I was tired of the headache and the itchy scalp and gave myself a buzz cut. You should have seen the look on Mom's face. And the look on the psychologists face on my next visit.
Like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
I did not care. It stopped the itchy and it sure was a heck of a lot cooler than all that hair. lol
LOL!! Good for you!!

There's a gal who works at the Costco here who does the same, and one day I asked her about it, and she said pretty much the same -- it's easy and it doesn't bother or itch, and she can cut it herself in about two minutes flat. What's not to like?

Believe it or not what I've found best for itchy scalp is -- liquid laundry detergent! About 2 tablespoons in a cup of water is enough for both soapings. All-Temperature-Cheer if you can get it, Tide or the Sam's Club house brand if you can't. Been using it for about 25 years now. Or if you've got dry hair, Mane & Tail (shampoo and conditioner for horses, often available at Walmart). Did wonders for my neighbor's hair that's so dry and fine it's like lint.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:33 AM

225 posts, read 302,174 times
I like the Mane and Tail brand. My cousin had some and I used it. That stuff is great.
I also have to use the T Gel shampoo at least once a week.

Finally got someone with a chain saw to cut the overgrown shrubs (trees) down from in front of the house. Now all that hard work of clearing the yard that I had already done... well... it's undone. LOL
Have to wait until the green bushes dry enough to set them on fire on the burn piles. And with all these thunderstorms we've been having.... its gonna be a while.

Rescued a pellet & BB damaged plastic deer from a friends yard and set it up in my yard. Am gonna bondo the BB & Pellet holes and repaint it. Hey... it was free
Also told my neighbor NO! NO TARGET PRACTICING!... he says Awww Man! you're no fun. then laughed.

Rescued a pool turtle from my cousin. It wasnt doing its job anymore. I am going to paint it and repurpose it as a lawn ornament also.

Got plenty of tires I can repurpose as well. Just need tons of paint. I'll get there. Slowly ..... but I'll get there .

Old 07-16-2014, 08:51 PM

Daughter came out and we bar-b-q'd some of her elk. Was almost the perfect meal, cept,,,,,,,, there was a third person. I thought there was laws.... or at least moral standards...... She drug her mother along. Yeah, the ex Mrs ElkHunter. When they were getting ready to leave my daughter said, "Thank you dad.". When I enquired as to thank you? She said, " for being civil..". She just doesn't understand. Next week I am going to bar by and I am inviting my daughters ex husband.. hahahaha. "other than that,, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?"

Old 07-24-2014, 02:54 AM

7,344 posts, read 12,569,245 times
I've been wondering what happened to Mt-7; she used to be such an active and upbeat poster, and was the OP of the first Porch thread, wasn't she? She hasn't been active since January of this year. If I remember correctly, she moved to the west side of the state. Does anyone have any info about her? I hope she's well.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:45 AM

6,743 posts, read 8,510,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I've been wondering what happened to Mt-7; she used to be such an active and upbeat poster, and was the OP of the first Porch thread, wasn't she? She hasn't been active since January of this year. If I remember correctly, she moved to the west side of the state. Does anyone have any info about her? I hope she's well.
I've wondered the same thing.

She used to be kind of the den mother here.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:41 AM

We used to correspond in email and it also tapered off and stopped. I do know she finished her degree in nursing and started standard 12 hour shifts.. At the same time her and Mr MT7 had purchased that place and were lining up a list of things to make IIT home. The list was pretty extensive.

I miss her wit and wisdom, both on here and in email.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:51 AM

8,083 posts, read 15,085,065 times
Yeah, where's our mommy??

Here's a nifty view of Freezeout Lake courtesy of Google Street View:

http://goo.gl/maps/FZXDf

You can sure tell how adventurous their local drivers were. The one who did the area up around the Blackfeet Reservation, Valier, etc. went down every little goat track, including some one-lane dirt roads way in the back of nowhere. Conversely whoever did north of Great Falls toward Fort Benton couldn't be arsed to leave the main highways.

Up near Lincoln: Either the camera hit a tree, or they rolled the van:
http://goo.gl/maps/kG1QK
(A friend remarked: "Google Ditchview?")
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana