Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2014, 09:55 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,159,512 times

Advertisements

Elk! That's cheating! that's almost like FUN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 10:00 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Yesterday, I spent all day slow cooking a 5 pound deer roast. Last night, after carving off a respectable chunk for supper, I shredded the rest and bagged it.

This morning I decided to make a breakfast burrito.

I put some real butter in my small cast iron skillet and threw in a couple jalapena's, chopped, and some chopped onion with some minced garlic, along with some of that shreaded deer roast. While that was cooking I sliced up some Mexican cheese and put in on a flour tortilla. Finally, I dropped a jumbo egg into the skillet with the rest of the stuff and started scrambling it all together. While that was cooking, I threw the tort and cheese in the microwave and zapped it for 30 seconds. Finally put the mix on the tort and folded it up. I have got to say that that was the best breakfast burrito I have ever had.

Later today, I am going to take a big bag of that shreaded roast and make taco meat out of it. Another bag of it will be made into sloppy joes.

Old 09-14-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Elk! That's cheating! that's almost like FUN!
It really is.

During the summer, I have two of those black and gray boxes mounted on the front rack of the machine so I have more storage to haul grocery's from town. Yesterday, I pulled the boxes off and put my windshield on. Can't have both on at the same time, don't fit. During the winter I run with the windshield to break the wind. Works great.

I have two appointments this week in town, and the temps will be around 40° when I head in to town. Figured it would be a good idea to put on the windshield now. It was that or I'd have to put on long pants early this year.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 09-15-2014 at 02:10 PM..

Old 09-15-2014, 07:58 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Elk, you CHEAT!
Reziac, if we took you're January I'd bet half or more of the population of Sun City (god's waiting room) would wither up (faster) and keel over.
As for 4 seasons, well we have 2. Hot and not so hot. We think a "cold spell" is when the high of the day is only 80 and totally freak out when it drops down to almost freezing for that 1 or 2 nights of the year.
You mention long pants? I have not had to put on long pants for almost a year now and don't expect to until Jan/Feb (maybe) or until we come home for a visit.

We are having water issues though, (too much at once) some are still cleaning up from last monday's floods and we are expecting another round starting tomorrow from Hurricane Odlie.

One thing I've got to say about our former home, while it was cold and painful at times I never had to worry about the air killing me and the water out of our well always tasted great (unlike here). The funniest difference? There when I turned on the cold tap the water was....well... actually COLD. Here? Well, average temp of the water from the COLD tap? 98-101 degrees! It will be this way from about May-November.

Got Valley Fever here 2 years ago and it darn near got me, still paying the price for catching it and it seems I will for the rest of my days.

I greatly miss floating the river, I can do that here but won't for a few reasons which are 1.It's like bath water. 2.It's garbage strewn both on the banks and floating. 3.Half naked drunken screaming idiots with music blaring floating down the river (you could infer that they're some of the garbage I guess).

If I could figure out how to make my body deal with the cold my better half would have us back there faster than a bullet train can move!

Old 09-15-2014, 08:05 AM

If your desert well water tastes bad, your well is too shallow. Go down about 400 feet and you'll usually hit good water. 'Course, you also gotta deal with drilling at $15/foot or whatever they're charging now...

Back-when, turns out I wasn't dealing well with the cold cuz my thyroid was bogus, and it went undiagnosed for 30 years. Now I take thyroid meds and the cold doesn't bother me so much. Tho I still swear at worming into my eskimo suit and driving on ice...

Old 09-15-2014, 08:12 AM

Unfortunately we're on city water. Very few out here drink tap water, at least not before they filter it.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:38 AM

In that case.... it's usually not the water at fault, but rather the pipes. And chlorinated water flowing thru PVC pipes (which react with chlorine) winds up tasting like gym socks. At the old LASFS clubhouse, the pipe out to the street was no good so people thought the city water tasted bad, but I discovered if you let it run for a couple minutes it was perfectly good water, just had to clear out the crappy old pipe.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:52 PM

Some of it is most certainly the piping (at least at our house) and the heat. Water pipes are not buried very deep here as there is no frost line requirements so as the weather heats up so does the ground and then so do the pipes.
Then we have Pex pipes in all of the newer construction. Makes water taste like you're drinking out of a garden hose, bleh!
It'll change some in a few months as "winter" sets in and temps drop below the '70s at night (hopefully).

Old 09-17-2014, 07:44 PM

Update, I am done. Had a Dr appointment and the head of the wound team come in, I am done. Since back in June I have had to drive 21 miles, one way, in to the VA, every other day. Because of the brace on my foot I have had to drive the 4 wheeler, rain or shine. But I am done. it is healed enough that I no longer have to make the trip.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:34 PM

So, if we xray that foot now, will it look human again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana