Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2014, 09:14 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,151,624 times

Advertisements

Cheese. I have cheese. Lots and lots of cheese. I think you're supposed to buy it in a 5 pound block.

Supposed to be below zero on Tuesday, after a high of 15. Gonna be 10 to 15 degrees below normal, and expected to persist for a while.

Earliest snow on record in South Carolina and Siberia... and guess whose used air we get... hint: it's not SC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 10:01 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,038,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Perfect timing... I'm gonna be roughing it for the next week or so.

What happened to the weather sticky? I know the forum software allows as many stickies as you want.
I cut the weather sticky loose. I had no way of updating it because havent had a computer since June. Nobody else was taking the time to update it so I cut it loose. The forum software allows as many stickys as we can stick, but admin. rules say a max of two.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 11-07-2014 at 10:17 PM..

Old 11-07-2014, 10:42 PM

Oh. Well, maybe just post weather alerts in this thread, since we're all here anyway.

<suspicious glare>

What did you do with your computer?

Old 11-08-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Oh. Well, maybe just post weather alerts in this thread, since we're all here anyway.

<suspicious glare>

What did you do with your computer?
Computer gave up the ghost while I was in the hospital. If anybody would like to post alerts, feel free. I can't.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:00 PM

71 posts, read 72,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Why don't you have a ccw? Are you willing to be a victim?

All if my daughters (5) have ccws because they refuse to be a victim. They are well trained, and damned accurate.
Very good advise. And a real credit to you that they are all well trained and accurate.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Computer gave up the ghost while I was in the hospital. If anybody would like to post alerts, feel free. I can't.
They used to put the red advisory at the top of the page. There is none right now that I can see. Tho they've downgraded the low on Tuesday to -5 and somewhat lower if you're not in a banana belt. -13 along the Hi-Line.

What kind of computer? what did it do?

I can fix most desktops, but I don't do laptops.

Last edited by Reziac; 11-08-2014 at 08:36 PM..

Old 11-09-2014, 12:28 AM

Quote:
They used to put the red advisory at the top of the page. There is none right now that I can see. Tho they've downgraded the low on Tuesday to -5 and somewhat lower if you're not in a banana belt. -13 along the Hi-Line.

What kind of computer? what did it do?

I can fix most desktops, but I don't do laptops.
laptop. I can fix desktops but this laptop just won't take power. The power supply end works great. The computer power light just flashes and won't power up. It may be the battery as this laptop, the power cord goes into the battery so I can't even bypass the battery. I have an old xp. machine that I'm going to drag out and see what I can do with it. Just haven't done it yet. Since June, I've been using a notebook and boy does it suck. No room and a pain to type on, but it works....... somewhat. hahaha

Old 11-09-2014, 07:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times
I'm thinking of y'all about to freeze your tookish off. Wow, February temps in November.
Of course we've had abnormal weather here, it was 89 yesterday and will be about 85 today...
Though it has been getting rather chilly after about midnight where it drops to about 60...

Seriously though, first deep freeze of the season, take care and hopefully y'all have enough supplies (firewood) to get you through it so you don't have to go outside much. Especially YOU Elk! Hard enough for you to get about when it's normal temps...

Old 11-09-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I'm thinking of y'all about to freeze your tookish off. Wow, February temps in November.
Of course we've had abnormal weather here, it was 89 yesterday and will be about 85 today...
Though it has been getting rather chilly after about midnight where it drops to about 60...

Seriously though, first deep freeze of the season, take care and hopefully y'all have enough supplies (firewood) to get you through it so you don't have to go outside much. Especially YOU Elk! Hard enough for you to get about when it's normal temps...
Earlier today, I went to the shed and brought in my 15,000BTU heater into the cabin. The cabin is all electric so if power goes out, I'll still have heat. All of our power is under ground but the main trunk lines are still on towers.

It was funny last year, a main trunk fell in the middle of winter. My daughter called me and she was concerned that her food was going to spoil. I asked her if she had some boxes or coolers. She said she did. I told her to put all of her food in boxes and set them out the back door, its 25° out there in the worlds biggest refrigerator. I heard an audible thunk as she smacked herself in the forehead. haha

Last edited by ElkHunter; 11-09-2014 at 01:06 PM..

Old 11-10-2014, 12:15 AM

At 11:20 I was outside with Timber, it was raining.

At 11:30 the wind hit and it changed from rain to snow.

At midnight I walked out on the porch and the porch has 3 inches of snow on it and visibility is bad enough that I can't tell you how the property looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana