Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2017, 12:55 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times

Advertisements

An article about our new Secretary of the Interior. Shows the Montanan in him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 01:43 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,373,551 times
Just curious - What do most voters thing about the upcoming special election?

Just read this article: Montana Republicans Spending Taxpayer Money To Avoid A Defeat | The Huffington Post

Old 04-09-2017, 02:45 PM

Mail-only ballots have a significantly greater potential for voter fraud. This is irrelevant when an election is expected to be lopsided regardless, but critical if it might be close. So while normally I'd gnash my teeth at the expenditure, in this case -- I agree, we need to run this like a regular election. Especially with heavy out-of-state support for one candidate, which often translates into less-than-ethical behavior.

Also, take HuffPo with salt; it's a strongly left-leaning site, and if you can't tell from the headline, prefers to slant things against the GOP at every opportunity. An alternative headline for the same article might read, "Montana Democrats claim saving money is more important than election integrity".

Old 04-09-2017, 05:53 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,938,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
An article about our new Secretary of the Interior. Shows the Montanan in him.
See, now you pretty much have me riding on the presumption that Zinke is still just as embarrassing as he was before his elevation to cabinet member (which reminds me, I just love his official cabinet photo...LMAO).

Old 04-09-2017, 05:57 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,938,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post

Just read this article: Montana Republicans Spending Taxpayer Money To Avoid A Defeat | The Huffington Post
The coming special election hasn't been so much as background noise for me--I truly can't stomach a match-up between a gag candidate like Rob Quist vs a lunatic like Greg Gainforte. Whatever the campaign finance issues on either side, and regardless of how the election is conducted, GG will be our next congressman. Game over.

Old 04-09-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
See, now you pretty much have me riding on the presumption that Zinke is still just as embarrassing as he was before his elevation to cabinet member (which reminds me, I just love his official cabinet photo...LMAO).
He does take a goofy picture But his first official statement showed good sense and balance, tho I'm sure you'll disagree.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:11 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post

First, nobody should take too much stock in Huffpo. One gentleman I spoke to Saturday that came to Helena from Big Sandy expressly to speak to his legislator asked why he shouldn't have the option to go in, talk to the election judges, and vote like he would in any other election?
Why do we have to change the rules for this election when the system we have works for all other elections?
What makes this one different? Is there something going on to change the outcome?

Second, from what I've been hearing in my travels around the state and talking to people that come to hear the legislature or testify on bills and come from all corners of the state, Quist, while highly regarded as an entertainer, his finances, are his biggest handicap.

I hear over and over, "How can we trust him with the federal budget when he can't take care of his own bills?"
Tester as the senior senator doesn't have any coattails for Quist to ride, and Tester didn't do himself any favors voting for the Democrat party instead of for the new Supreme Court justice. Bullock as governor is fighting too hard to raise taxes, not the best way to win votes here either.

And in a state that went heavily for President Trump, Gianforte may not be the best choice, but it looks very likely that he will be our next Representative.

Last edited by MTSilvertip; 04-09-2017 at 09:19 PM..

Old 04-09-2017, 09:42 PM

Gianforte is a friend of a trusted friend, who speaks well of him.

Quist is being backed by MoveOn.org, which is funded by George Soros' "Open Society"; this alone is enough incentive to vote against him.
MT-AL: MoveOn.org Helps Rob Quist (D), The Bernie Sanders Of Montana, Get Ready To Win
And holding my nose and citing HuffPo...
Bernie Sanders Says He's Willing To Campaign For Montana Populist Rob Quist | The Huffington Post

Old 04-10-2017, 08:44 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
I don't know him (Gianforte), personally, but I've heard some good things about him, so I'm voting for him.
At least he knows how to run a profitable business, and use innovation to his advantage.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
I don't know him (Gianforte), personally, but I've heard some good things about him, so I'm voting for him.
At least he knows how to run a profitable business, and use innovation to his advantage.
Yep. Kinda sounds like someone else we recently voted for...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana