U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-24-2011, 08:43 AM

17,183 posts, read 20,794,170 times
Went to town yesterday and one of the things I picked up was a new mini blind for the bedroom. Dog ate the last one when I went outside and she didn't. She wanted to see out so she removed the blind. haha Anyhow, I got the wrong length. At the store, the rack holding the size I needed, the first box had been opened. So I moved it and took the second box. Didn't notice but somebody had put the wrong size in that rack so I grabbed the wrong size. So I have to go to town again today to exchange it for the proper size.

That's ok though. Last nights paper has an add in it. One of the local grocery stores is running a sale on Pork Chops. $1.29 a lb. Think I'll just have to stock up. haha Last time this store had pork chops on sale, all of them were cut thick, 3/4 inch. That's the way I like them.

No snow last night, but temps in the teens this morning.

Coffee's on.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 03-24-2011 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: can't spel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 09:08 AM

6,298 posts, read 6,927,221 times
Tellya one thing I learned about miniblinds... get the metal ones, not plastic. The plastic ones deteriorate in the sun. Mine are about 8 years old and they're so fragile already they break when you touch 'em. Good thing I don't have a house cat anymore!

Old 03-24-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Tellya one thing I learned about miniblinds... get the metal ones, not plastic. The plastic ones deteriorate in the sun. Mine are about 8 years old and they're so fragile already they break when you touch 'em. Good thing I don't have a house cat anymore!
hahaha I did. My whole cabin is wood grain, tongue and groove. Knotty pine. So I even bought blinds that were wood grain. Used to have white ones. If you wanted to take a nap during the day, the house was brighter with the blinds down then if you raised them out of the way. So I bought metal ones, not from deteriation, but to shut out the light better.

Watch. When I get to town they won't have any in that length. They did yesterday, but today they'll be out, just because I'm driving 20 miles to get them.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:22 AM

4,145 posts, read 6,820,360 times
I just hung 9 of the double cell honeycomb blinds, I think they are 'partial darkening'. Our kitchen has an array of windows facing south/southwest and last summer when we moved into the house the kitchen was ROASTING hot. We have a portable A/C that could barely keep up.. These buggers should keep the temps down..

I know the kitchen is easily 2 degrees warmer in cold weather because of them. Used to run 67-68 deg now it hangs tight at 71 deg.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:12 PM

I told you. They were out. They had the bright white ones, but I didn't want them. So I went to Home Depot. They don't carry that size. So now I wait until Wally World gets some more in. Whatever year that will be.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:59 PM

6,259 posts, read 8,061,195 times
shoot, now i cannot rep you LOL but I spit out my coffee just now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Then face SouthEast and back up to the stove.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:03 PM

6,259 posts, read 8,061,195 times
EH, HD use to cut them for you but I guess you are already home. :-)
Pretend it is the good old days and use a sheet
Ok I am in eastern ND. Not much snow here but I sure saw a lot on the drive over....Spring might just make it.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:28 PM

Damnit. Number 5, for this year, passed away eariler tonight. His son made his first phone call to me. He died at home, in his own bed, all 3 kids were at his side.

What the hell is going on this year? I am not liking it one bit.

This friend lives in Bradenton Florida, so I won't be going. He's been "at home hospice" for 9 months so it wasn't like we didn't see it coming. Also, he's a vet, but so is his son and his son and I discussed what he needed to do. So, at least with this one, I don't need to get involved.

I'm telling you, this has been a rough year.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:24 PM

4,145 posts, read 6,820,360 times
I'm sorry EH.. We lost our Dad a couple years ago, a WWII vet.. It's tough. Good man.. No GREAT man..

That's why we moved here- to be closer to the ones we love the most. God speed to your friends.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:00 AM

6,298 posts, read 6,927,221 times
I just saw an optimist towing a boat on the Laurel webcam. I guess it's summer in Billings.

Hey Seven, I have a sheet for a dining room curtain -- it's got big red and orange stripes and matches my hanging lamp. I actually like it. Such is the decor at Casa de Rez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana