U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-07-2011, 05:23 AM

6,259 posts, read 8,044,879 times
Happy Mother's day to you
I hope your girl had a great year, we have had a heck of a winter so she understands the meaning of life in Montana.
Glad to hear from you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Sorry, I just haven't been on here very often during the past few months.... It fell out of escrow, (actually, we eventually gave a 24-hour notice and then cancelled---they were nuts), and now it is in escrow again with somebody else.....I am keeping everything crossed.. I bought a house in Windsor, CO.

I will be driving to Missoula in a few days......to get my girl.....
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 08:27 AM

6,298 posts, read 6,909,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
I will be driving to Missoula in a few days......to get my girl.....
"Mom, do I look stupid? I'm staying here!!"

Old 05-07-2011, 09:03 AM

214 posts, read 330,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Today was so nice that I spent most of the afternoon setting on my porch drinking ice tea and watching my Wyoming Self Propelled Lawnmower.

No, that fence is not electric, that's why I was watching the lawnmower.
Love it!!!

Old 05-07-2011, 09:37 AM

Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
10,215 posts, read 10,875,336 times
Good morning all! Well, it's been a bit since I've checked in here.... 102 here yesterday and 100 today but there's a dry cold front moving in dropping temps big time (according to the news) down to the mid 80's . Everything's going ok, we're pushing trying to find events to get the Ice Cream trailer into without having to drive all over creation. Not doing so well at that though.

Growing Tomatoes in the yard, working ok but the sun is starting to make 'em ripen too fast and the heat is putting a hurt on my bell peppers! Having issues growing cilantro, thick stalks weird leaves and wants to flower.

The kid is finishing up his freshman year at college and holding a C+ average which is great for him. Many thanks go to the Special Ed department for their unwavering support. Getting an Autistic/ADHD kid into a schedule and to actually study and write papers is not an easy task that's for sure!
I do have to add if ANY of you know of kids with Autism the absolute best place for them is SARRC (southwest autism research & resource center) The Southwest Autism Research & Resource Center | SARRC .
They have their own school with therapy and lots more. I wish we'd have had that around when our kid was young! Things now would be sooo different. With Autism, the earlier you intervene the better chance you have of teaching the kids to cope and succeed.
Hope everyone here is doing well!!!!!
Jimj

Old 05-10-2011, 06:19 AM

17,176 posts, read 20,734,058 times
Dear Noah, Could you email me those dimensions please?

Coffee's on.

It rained a little last night. A song is stuck in my head and I keep hearing "How highs the water Momma?" by Johnny Cash.

After I choke down some grocery's I need to go check the river and 5 mile creek. We spent all weekend moving everything to higher ground. Restacked the hay so the Certified bales are on top. Even put down two layers of pallets to get everything off the ground.

My rain gauge is broke and won't hold water. Not sure if it was kids playing out in the field or what. Rain gauge is on top of a fence post in the middle of the field. I didn't want buildings or trees influencing the readings. So on my grocery list for the 1st of the month when I go into town again, the number one item is "Rain Gauge". Not worried about it til then. Rain gauge won't stop it from flooding. hahahaha

Old 05-10-2011, 08:27 AM

6,259 posts, read 8,044,879 times
Good one EH
More wind than rain over here, looks like we will miss the snow
Poor folks on the western side are getting hammered.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:43 AM

Busted on top of a post sounds like a horse used it for a chin-scratcher!

I see Lost Trail got some more global-warming, musta blew but good, it's stuck sideways all over everything! Anyone care to bet whether it'll all melt off this year... at all??

I stuck my nose outside, came back in and put on my long underwear.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:53 AM

17,176 posts, read 20,734,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Busted on top of a post sounds like a horse used it for a chin-scratcher!
Nah. Horses haven't been out in that area yet this year. The day I noticed it, the previous day some kids were out there playing kick ball. But that night we had 60+ wind gusts so it could have been either.

Checked 5 mile creek. It's up about a foot. Checked the River, it's up about the same. That's a good thing. Still have about 6+ ft to go before it spills over the banks.

Windy and raining, still. Wind is steady at 25mph with gusts to 35mph. That's better then forecast. They were saying we'd get gusts to 55 in the morning decreasing to 45 in the afternoon. So far we haven't even come close. Radar shows that most of it is past us.

Second pot of coffee is on.

I started Spaghetti sauce about an hour ago. I let it simmer all day. Lots of garlic and of course, I can just walk out the door and pick sage. haha

Old 05-10-2011, 12:46 PM

Swimmin' in Billings!

Billings, Miles City set rain records today

Old 05-10-2011, 09:32 PM

9,343 posts, read 15,622,834 times
Default Amazing home remedies

1. Avoid cutting yourself when slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold the vegetables while you chop.

2. Avoid arguments with the females about lifting the toilet seat by using the sink.

3. For high blood pressure sufferers -- simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure on your veins. Remember to use a timer.

4. A mouse trap placed on top of your alarm clock will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.

5. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives. Then you'll be afraid to cough.

6. You need only two tools in life -- wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40; if it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

7. If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana