U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2010, 12:52 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,913,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Here on the prairie we are surely having our last hours of fall weather, seems the rain/snow is moving in in the next few days.
We were supposed to be getting snow but so far just light rain. We also to this minute still have four different types of wildflowers growing in our yard.
The larch still are golden but the needles are just beginning to drop.

Turkey time is coming soon so I'm thinking about stuffing, gravy and cranberry jelly. I bet we end going to some big community dinner rather than try to do a big Thanksgiving dinner for two.

My movie suggestion for the day is a movie called "Holy Rollers". It's about a young Brooklyn Hasidic Jew who goes to work smuggling Ecstasy pills overseas for an Israeli drug cartel. It was based on a true story.

I feel another pic or two coming on ! I may show ya all one or two or three etc that I really goofed up beyond recognition.
I like to turn a mediocre photo into some abstract image that looks a bit like the stuff artists were doing a while back, like splashing, squirting or dripping paint onto a canvas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 01:29 PM

Default Picture these. ~♥~

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TNcGx-FpgeI/AAAAAAAAGp8/BnKmbe9X-dY/s576/IMG_0883-2.JPG (broken link)

The pic above was a caution striped sign, still recognizable.
The one below has text to describe it.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TNcGH4VSgpI/AAAAAAAAGps/HSKBQFBipcM/s512/294%20pics%20157-1.jpg (broken link)

The picture below was a close up of an aspen tree knot.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TNcFruCVwKI/AAAAAAAAGpc/rG6SeLte5fs/s512/tree%20stump%20with%20moss%20not%20mine-1.jpg (broken link)

Wild rose below still recognizable.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TNcFYYHKubI/AAAAAAAAGpM/SrWriUItTwg/s512/Wild%20Rose-1.JPG (broken link)

I call this one I took and altered yesterday. "Ponderosopiney"

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TNcFC5m0FxI/AAAAAAAAGo4/FosnniG_j9o/s512/IMG_1898-1.JPG (broken link)

This last one is shown in reduced size but the full size image with all the added putzing and framing is over 3.6 Megabytes. !

Old 11-07-2010, 01:38 PM

2,627 posts, read 4,956,557 times
Excuse me for running off the porch so quickly. I had to go to the street and watch the Blue Angels fly by!!!! This weekend there is an airshow in my community. Love those Blue Angels!!

Old 11-07-2010, 01:41 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,920,546 times
Blue Angels, yes I have seen them twice. Heart-swelling pride there

Rickers, consider some note cards or something. That last set was very beautiful.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:47 PM

I'm having a ton of fun making odd images out of so so pics. I'm just using Picasa and Picnic framing, text elements, the stickers and effects they let you apply to your pics. Lot of fun ways to waste time.

I rescued a dog today. A stray has been bopping about our town for a week or two. I put up a sign and have him in my house now trying to have one on with my fixed female dog. I have to keep a close eye on our little bird because this dog will eat Peekers in a heartbeat.
The thing has mastiff in him, is black, real nice and old. I had to lift his rear end into and out of my rig when I took him from our dump today.

I may take his picture and post it around town. I may try to re-home him in Hot Springs when we go there tomorrow if I can talk someone into taking him and then returning him when the real owner answers my "dog found" ad.
We can not keep this dog but I could not just leave him out on his own, wet cold, hungry and scared.
"TRACS" (our no kill shelter) is full and if I took him to the nearest humane society he would be put down.
Ol' Roy as we call him is too nice of a dog to be thrown away, anyone want him ?

Old 11-07-2010, 06:49 PM

299 posts, read 486,645 times
Default Anybody got any Twinkies? ......

Rickers... Will Katie be able to eat ok by Thanksgiving? ........ You know, one of these days somebody from UM or MSU is gonna see all those pics you've been "fixing up", and you'll end up teaching a couple courses in photography and computer pic altering stuff.. We'll have to refer to you as "Professor Rickers" then.

Also ... I have a question about the first picture.. After you stare at it a certain amount of time, are the circles in the web supposed to spin clockwise or counter clockwise? ... Mine are going both directions .. And that little sun in the middle of it gets SO intense after a while.. I get the feeling I'm channeling someone's mind .. But when the little mouth in the middle of it starts moving, I can't quite make out what its saying.. So far, my best guess is either.. "From each according to his ability .. to each according to his need." .. which would mean I'm channeling president obama ........ or it could be "..and if you order NOW, we'll send you the liquid flavor injector FREE !!! (just pay shipping and handling)" .. which would mean I'm channeling Ron Popeil .. ...... I don't know .. it all kinda makes my head hurt.. ....... I better go now.. The little sun's talking again.. This time I'm SURE I heard it say ... "Set it and forget it." ... so its definitely Ron Popeil.. I bet an elk roast would taste great coming off that rotisserie..

tiberius

Old 11-08-2010, 10:55 AM

Default We are looking for excuses to keep this guy !

We really should try to find a home for this guy but Look at him.
He is getting along with our other dog and seems to not be too focused on the bird.
He is so mellow that I actually tested his aggressiveness by filling his food bowl, putting it under his nose and between his front paws, then I pretended to eat his food with my head between his food bowl and his face. He did not even give a warning growl like he does when our blondie girl Benny comes near his food.

We really don't need another dog but look at him. ~♥~
He misses his sibling that he was running with and Benny needs a buddy.
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TNgm4Jc0cyI/AAAAAAAAGrI/131pxaeb74w/s512/IMG_1902.JPG (broken link)

Benny is still apprehensive and intimidated by the big guy.
Should we keep him or try to find him a home ?
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TNgmBdNXy7I/AAAAAAAAGq4/BgtEI3CsQHs/s512/IMG_1900.JPG (broken link)

Old 11-08-2010, 11:28 AM

6,258 posts, read 12,920,546 times
Uh oh,
you better make dog one feel like dog one
That black feller is beautiful, maybe some bloodhound in him?

Old 11-08-2010, 12:43 PM

7,543 posts, read 12,611,276 times
That's probably a purebred Labrador from straight old-type fieldtrial stock (very different from the newer show bloodlines). Some get big, 28" and 120 lbs. or more are not at all uncommon in the local northwestern-MT/western Canada bloodlines. I'd guess someone lost their hunting dog.

NO dog should EVER challenge a human over food, period. Doing so is bad manners at best (the human is GOD and all the human's desires are to be respected), and damned dangerous at worst (what if some little kid did intruded by accident??)

Old 11-08-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Uh oh,
you better make dog one feel like dog one
That black feller is beautiful, maybe some bloodhound in him?
She is a spoiled brat and she is getting used to him. They both cleaned off our lunch bowls together side by side with no problem. He is a bit scary looking but he is so gentle. He is going around the house testing his limits.
The big old guy now knows that chewing cords and chair legs is a no no. He only needs to be told once or twice then the lesson sticks.
What is funny about him is the loud popping noise he makes while sniffing about.
He drools too. We have not really decided if we can keep him or not but if we do we need to name him. Anyone have any ideas for a name. He only seems to respond to "Good Boy" I'm thinking of naming him "Woodroy"
and the fact that our neighbors dog is named Wilson adds a bit of oddness.

You all know how much I value "oddness" ~♥~ Oddness is the only normal thing left in the world.
Here is another pic of our new house guest.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TNhNMNQ8X4I/AAAAAAAAGrs/3N92hirCfSo/s400/IMG_1899.JPG (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana