Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 06:04 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,680,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
That leavened products could not consumed during Passover, that I knew, but not owned? Wasn't aware of that.
The observant arrange with their rabbi to sell their leavened products to a Gentile (and, then buy it back after Passover has passed).

Quote:
That's interesting about Pepsi expanding the sugar-sweetened product for the Gentile market!
Took 'em a while to figure that one out.

Quote:
Fructose could come from fruit (apples are another occasional source), presumably that would be acceptable?
Yes; but quantities and price might prove to be an issue; taste, too.

Quote:
So what about the artificial sweeteners?
I don't know as I do not ever drink diet sodas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 12:02 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,159,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
The observant arrange with their rabbi to sell their leavened products to a Gentile (and, then buy it back after Passover has passed).
This must get complicated if you own, say, a grocery store. Or does it only apply to your place of residence?

Old 08-31-2011, 03:19 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,527,926 times
Hi All,

I did not get to go to Missoula........I ended up in the ER instead, and could not recover in time.......sigh...... Dad got to take her.... There was a wreck/detour and possibly a fire, (or something else---I forgot what he told me, but it was in WY), on the way back so it took him 13+ hours.... I can't take that long drive and if I had driven, I would have stopped in Billings for the night on the way...and maybe in Buffalo or somewhere on the way back....

We talked to her......on Monday evening there was a shooting at school....it appears to have been a random accident, but I am not entirely sure....a boy, standing in a crowd near the cafeteria center, got shot in the hand, possibly from a gun going off in a car going down the street next to the school...windows were also blown out in a car that was parked in a dorm lot. When we check into dorms, we are asked if we have a gun......the first year we were shocked, but now we are used to it. They are allowed but they have to be checked in and locked up... I guess some of the kids go on hunting trips during breaks, I dunno. What is your opinion about guns at school? I think they should be left at home.

Baby skunks don't know how to control it either......my springer found out the hard way......

Old 08-31-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
This must get complicated if you own, say, a grocery store.
Very.

Quote:
Or does it only apply to your place of residence?
No, applies to residence(s) and business(es).

Old 08-31-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
What is your opinion about guns at school?
Students, as well as faculty, should have the right to open carry and, maybe, even concealed carry.

This would prevent some, if not all, of the mass killings that we have seen on some college campuses.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:38 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,674,687 times
I hear you Wurzig,
We new to Montana might think that gun thing is different but it is a way of life. Honestly your kid is safer around kids that have grown up with firearms because they have the experience. Hey hope you are getting better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Hi All,

I did not get to go to Missoula........I ended up in the ER instead, and could not recover in time.......sigh...... Dad got to take her.... There was a wreck/detour and possibly a fire, (or something else---I forgot what he told me, but it was in WY), on the way back so it took him 13+ hours.... I can't take that long drive and if I had driven, I would have stopped in Billings for the night on the way...and maybe in Buffalo or somewhere on the way back....

We talked to her......on Monday evening there was a shooting at school....it appears to have been a random accident, but I am not entirely sure....a boy, standing in a crowd near the cafeteria center, got shot in the hand, possibly from a gun going off in a car going down the street next to the school...windows were also blown out in a car that was parked in a dorm lot. When we check into dorms, we are asked if we have a gun......the first year we were shocked, but now we are used to it. They are allowed but they have to be checked in and locked up... I guess some of the kids go on hunting trips during breaks, I dunno. What is your opinion about guns at school? I think they should be left at home.

Baby skunks don't know how to control it either......my springer found out the hard way......

Old 08-31-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Very.
No, applies to residence(s) and business(es).
Yikes. I imagine a corporation owned by an observant Jew must need a whole department just to keep Passover properly kosher. But seems to me it would also encourage lots of small businesses, rather than a few large conglomerates that would have a harder time keeping track of everything. So perhaps from a standpoint of economics that are beneficial to more people, this is actually a good thing.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:35 AM

Reziac, many businesses, such as bakeries, close for the 8 days.

That's sort of why the custom for bakeries, as well as for the bread industry, is to wait until after Passover to raise their retail bread prices (as if folks couldn't remember what the price of bread was before Passover).

Old 08-31-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
I hear you Wurzig,
We new to Montana might think that gun thing is different but it is a way of life. Honestly your kid is safer around kids that have grown up with firearms because they have the experience. Hey hope you are getting better.
Not only that, but you'll find that in an emergency (such as a crazy shooting) armed people have a protective response, not a run-and-hide response. That armed person has a chance to take out the crazy and perhaps save your child's life. The unarmed person has little choice but to run and hide and hope not to get shot. Which do you prefer to be surrounded by??

And yeah, Wurzig, be getting better, y'hear?

Old 08-31-2011, 12:28 PM

While you may not encounter a Griz (human or otherwise), think the New York City Borough of Brooklyn the next time you're planning to go camping as there is now A Campsite and RV Park grows in Brooklyn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana