Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 02:49 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,102,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Hi All,

................"on Monday evening there was a shooting at school....it appears to have been a random accident, but I am not entirely sure....a boy, standing in a crowd near the cafeteria center, got shot in the hand, possibly from a gun going off in a car going down the street next to the school...windows were also blown out in a car that was parked in a dorm lot........................
To ease everyone's mind's about this situation:

Two male students (friends) were standing next to one of their cars in the parking lot....
One of them was showing off a friend's brand new 20 ga shotgun (NOTE:: our Montana Upland Bird Season opens every year on Sept 1st......Evidently he stupidly chambered a live shell to show his friend the procedure, and somehow touched the trigger.
(The implication here is that he was not an experienced gun handler & certainly lacked "common sense" in choosing to show off this new shotgun in a university parking lot........(there are very strict regulations governing where and how students can have hunting firearms on campus)....

The student(age 19) who was shot was wounded in the hand, was treated at St Pat's Hosp and released.

The student (age 20) who fired the gun has been charged with negligent endangerment.......the police are convinced it was a "pure accident" caused by improper and careless gun handling.

The wounded student was standing adjacent to the car that had two of it's windows blown out.

An unfortunate incident for all concerned...................nothing more,....nothing less.............buy certaintly preventable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 08:49 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,627,226 times
And I am sure there will be new underwear purchased for the shooter and the shootie...

We all pack over here...Hubs wants some of the a-hum bull parts to dangle off the back of the rig...

Old 08-31-2011, 08:59 PM

8,083 posts, read 15,089,372 times
And probably couldn't have special-ordered a better lesson on gun safety, either. Betcha both of 'em are the most careful shooters around after this.

I want some o' them bull parts for my rig too

Old 08-31-2011, 09:28 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,577,044 times
Talking about bull parts, my barber makes walking sticks in his spare time from driftwood that customers trade for hair cuts. He once handed me a very interesting walking stick that turned out to be made of bull penis. Someone else in area reportedly has a pool cue made from the same material, and it has been said that when a new woman shows up at the pool hall, he casually asks her to pass to him his "special" pool cue and, after she has done so, informs her what the cue pool is made from to the delight of the regulars.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:56 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,627,226 times
Not kosher...

Old 08-31-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Talking about bull parts, my barber makes walking sticks in his spare time from driftwood that customers trade for hair cuts. He once handed me a very interesting walking stick that turned out to be made of bull penis. Someone else in area reportedly has a pool cue made from the same material, and it has been said that when a new woman shows up at the pool hall, he casually asks her to pass to him his "special" pool cue and, after she has done so, informs her what the cue pool is made from to the delight of the regulars.
Heh heh ... yeah, I'd like to have one of those walking sticks made from a baculum, but they're usually kinda expensive!

Old 08-31-2011, 10:54 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,577,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Heh heh ... yeah, I'd like to have one of those walking sticks made from a baculum, but they're usually kinda expensive!

No, not the baculum, but bull penises wrapped very tightly around a pool cue.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
No, not the baculum, but bull penises wrapped very tightly around a pool cue.
Oh! Now that's severely funny!!!

Hmm, consider what one could do with a stallion's implement.......

Old 08-31-2011, 11:48 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
Default ...staying with the "new" theme of this Thread...

On the wall of my Living Room I have the skull of my Kodiak Brown Bear mounted on an Oaken Plaque with a brass identification tag right below it.

Then immediately below that is a fairly small, glass fronted display box that contains what looks like a length of light colored, 1/2" dia cured raw/hide...... There is no identifying tag below it.........those who figure it out, usually just smile and say nothing.....others, usually just look puzzled

Old 09-01-2011, 12:36 AM

Default .."old man buys himself 'New-Toy' "

.....Hey folks, I just gotta tell ya........ new project for this 'ole boy ..............I'm excited

Due to "age" and other related conditions, I've recently sold-off some firearms that (being honest with myself), I'll never use again -- my big game hunting days are behind me. Oh, I'll still get my White-Tail every fall -- but that doesn't require much effort......usually about 100 yards from the house......Hell I've been feedin' them all these years (my garden, my bushes, my flowers, my trees, etc).........I think "turn-about is just Fair-Play"

Well anyway, I took those dollars and ordered various sub-assemblies and parts and will be "putting them all-together" in the next couple of weeks............and will end up with a "Custom AR 15". (As some of you know, one subassembly had to be ordered for me through a FFL License holder). Always wanted one (5.56x45 NATO) and I can fire it right here on my place (I've had a 100 yard range set-up for years), and I checked with the sheriff last week to see if I can still use it and he approved, after coming out and confirming I have a 12'x12'x12' earthern back-stop. (I'll notify any neighbors that are with-in a 1/2 mile that its just "little ole me" punching holes in paper )

Up until about 10 years ago I'd been hand-loading ammo since the 1950s, and still have all the necessary items to get back into it again.

Sooooooo, here I go.

(For those interested: a 20" Stainless Steel (Hammer-Forged Rifling) Match Grade Barrel w/ a 1 in 8" twist; a Match Grade Two-Stage Trigger assembly; a Magpul ACS Stock; a 1.5 to 5 Leupold Scope (this I've had) and a Harris BiPod ....plus various other necessary components.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana