Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 11:40 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,553,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Yes and they have me on Potassium Chloride pills because that's not something normally in my diet. Isn't it scary? Potassium Chloride is one of the 3 chems used in lethal injection. I hope he double checked the dosage. :D
Bananas are safer.

Go here Go Ask Alice!: Foods plentiful in potassium for other dietary sources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 11:45 AM

8,083 posts, read 15,077,365 times
Nah, it's not lethal unless you dissolve and inject it and it reaches the heart all in a lump. Actually a concentrated solution of any metallic salt will do the job. Epsom salts or table salt work equally well. Epsom salts are sometimes used for field anaesthesia in cattle, puts 'em out long enough to stitch up whatever ails 'em and doesn't require a prescription or a narcotics license.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Bananas are safer.

Looks like a good excuse to eat baked potatoes

I had a neighbour in Bozeman who couldn't retain enough potassium and was prescribed 3 bananas a day by her doctor. If she didn't eat enough she'd pass out and wind up in hospital in dire straits.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:59 AM

18,700 posts, read 41,877,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Bananas are safer.

I have potatoes, but would have to purchase bananas. On a limited income, I'll enjoy some potatoes and take the pills the Dr gave me.

I almost forgot to mention this. While in the hospital, I got this. On Tuesday afternoon. Picture was taken about 10 minutes after I got back to the room so you can still see plaster just below my knee as I hadn't cleaned up yet.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 09-15-2011 at 01:25 PM..

Old 09-15-2011, 01:07 PM

I don't think that's an approved regulation cowboy boot!!

Old 09-15-2011, 03:21 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,618,316 times
ok EH just stopping by to check in the news about you and just when i am happy you are home I see you have a new attention getter...Did you shod a shoe on that thing?
Glad you are home. I am sure you understand the potassium/kidney/cardiac/sodium connection, do as you are told

Neighbors I will be off for a week, take care of EH. Nice Fall day!

Old 09-15-2011, 04:08 PM

6,740 posts, read 8,501,590 times
Gee Whiz Elkhunter!!!

Maybe you better stay away from the bannanas, or you might have a matched pair of those!!!

I sure hope you heal up before you break something else!! We need someone to ride herd on this curly bunch of broomtail renegades and can't just have the boss lying in bed all day enjoying coffee and grits

Old 09-15-2011, 11:13 PM

19,363 posts, read 22,309,954 times
Grits? Y'all sell grits around here? All I see is some lame a*s imitation of the word called 'instant'... If'n the boss man is holding out on some real grits, well I gotta problem with that, y'all hear?

Old 09-16-2011, 12:57 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,553,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Grits? Y'all sell grits around here? All I see is some lame a*s imitation of the word called 'instant'... If'n the boss man is holding out on some real grits, well I gotta problem with that, y'all hear?
Walmart sells real grits in NYC but only instant grits in Montana. Go figure.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:52 AM

18,700 posts, read 41,877,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Now see, you don't understand. Instant grits are the "Real" grits. It's those big plump, delicious, tasteful, filling, grits made in the South that are the fake ones.

We don't have the real ones here in Wyoming either.

For years I've eaten grits and loved them. Then after the USN I contracted and had to travel throughout the US. While down in South Carolina I ordered Grits one morning and found out what real grits were. The difference was like between a Jeep vrs a Caddy.

But hey, we get what we can and improvise.

Now if I could just find some side pork, I'd be a happy camper. I'm so sick and tired of "Cured" bacon. I like a good thick cut of side pork for breakfast. It's like strips of pork chops and really adds to the meal. I'm not sure why we can't find it around here. I grew up in South Dakota and ate more side pork for breakfast then I did bacon. In Wyoming when you ask for Side Pork, they give you bacon, or they give you a slice of ham with lots of fat on the side. Neither, are side pork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana