U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2010, 09:45 PM

4,023 posts, read 4,732,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Good morning all! A chilly start to the day, I think it's around 50 at the moment and has been getting up to a freezing 75 during the day.. Brrrrrrrr

Well we did our first event with the Ice Cream trailer this weekend, my wrists and arms are KILLING me!!!
The darned stuff froze up like concrete and even a spade wouldn't cut into it. Gotta figure out freezer temps/adjustments, I guess it's all part of the learning curve.
We served about 500 cones in 6 hours so we were pretty successful in my opinion, the biggest thing is we learned a lot about how things should work and changes we need to make.
We only had ONE "lady" bitc# about standing in line and finally I looked out at here and said "you're free to go elsewhere if you really don't like it" which didn't shut her up but she didn't leave until she had her cone either...
We had 3 different kids drop their cones, the first one's mom snatched it off the ground (asphalt) but her kid wouldn't even consider still eating it. She looked at me and asked if she had to buy a new one. I replaced all 3 of the cones for free, I hate seeing upset kids and don't want to be seen as a grinch if you know what I mean....
Well, off to tune the freezers, gotta stop this concrete thing or buy a jack hammer!
Congratulations jimj! Sounds like a successful weekend, (well, all except for the soreness). Maybe you have to adjust the temps according to the temps outside?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 09:51 PM

Polson got some thick, heavy flakes today......
The mountains around Missoula are covered......
It is 'raining-snowing' on the campus....(those are my daughter's words )..

And this weekend is the Grizz-Cats game at Grizzly Stadium......wish I could be there! I'd freeze, of course, but I wish I could see it..... There is a lot of activity on the net...great rivalry.....I hope UM wins!

Old 11-17-2010, 07:31 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,914,590 times
Our neck of the woods got a bit of snow. Time to break out the shop broom, my wife and I can't take any more falls.
I'm hoping it will melt away quickly but it's not looking like it's going anywhere soon.
We are well below 2000 feet in elevation where we are now so who knows.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:44 AM

5,798 posts, read 9,313,864 times
Show on the ground in Sanders Ct ! And I read it's going to get colder...You guys be careful now, no slippin' and slidin'!

Here's what it looked like in the Bitterroot Valley this morning--isn't it beautiful?
Bitterroot Valley Real Time Images

Last edited by ElkHunter; 11-17-2010 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: Copyrighted image

Old 11-17-2010, 10:12 AM

299 posts, read 486,694 times
Default What the hell are all these little pellets all over the floor......

HMMMMMMMMMM ... So 7 has gone off again on an "assignment" ....... interesting.

I wonder what's REALLY going on...... Whatever it is, I'm guessing it involves some SERIOUSLY big stakes .. and international intrigue.. I'll do some snooping and see what I can find out .. but I already have my suspicions.. And it could be far worse than when she was kidnapped LAST time.. (and I'm STILL paying for the damage Rez and I did to Eureka's movie theater)

Rez... If what I suspect is right, we may have to act fast... Keep an eye on the nighttime northern sky.. If you see the bunny sign on a cloud, meet me at the Bat Cave ... uh, I mean the Bunny Hutch.. ........ OK, look .. I got sued for using the Bat stuff, something about copyrights ... and apparently the ONLY animal that's in "public domain" is the rabbit. ... Then PETA made a big stink about me using "rabbit". ....... sigh. ........ ANYWAY, apparently since "bunny" is sort of a nickname, I can use it. ( I gotta find another line of work ... this super hero stuff is getting to be a REAL pain in the ..... well, you know where.) .......

SOOOOOO ... keep your eye's open, Rez.. It's probably nothing, but if something IS up, things could happen fast..

Oh, by the way ...... when you see my new costume ... well, ... try not to laugh, ok.. I got enough of THAT from the girls MAKING the costume. .... OH, and you get to use your regular costume.. I guess PETA doesn't give a crap about robins.. But there IS another lawsuit pending from some ornithological organization.. Anyway, just in case ..... how do you feel about prarie dogs..

But MT-7 may be in danger ... so we DO what we gotta do.

Have I mentioned that ... I HATE LAWYERS !!!

to be continued ......

tiberius

Old 11-17-2010, 10:19 AM

451 posts, read 848,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post

to be continued ......

tiberius

We can only hope for the next installment. Please hurry, the suspense is painful!

mg

Old 11-17-2010, 10:31 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,914,590 times
Default Our massive snowstorm.

We had a few flakes and here is a picture I just took from our back porch.
See how buried we are ?
I just noticed more mushrooms growing out of our walls, I guess I gotta go shoot them now.
I rearranged my some 2000 pictures and got rid of a bunch of them so many have gone from this site. Oh well, I have a few more halfway decent ones I'll post in a while.
If anyone wants to pluck them off the site, get them while they are there because I may be doing more rearranging in the not too distant future.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TOQNltjbQrI/AAAAAAAAHTk/jKTEPEFun1Q/s576/IMG_1951.JPG (broken link)

Old 11-18-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Show on the ground in Sanders Ct ! And I read it's going to get colder...You guys be careful now, no slippin' and slidin'!

Here's what it looked like in the Bitterroot Valley this morning--isn't it beautiful?
Bitterroot Valley Real Time Images
Thanks for this....I put it in my favorites so I can look at it again...dang, it's windy!

Old 11-18-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montygarlic View Post
We can only hope for the next installment. Please hurry, the suspense is painful!

mg
'Painful' ain't quite the word.......roflmao!

Old 11-18-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
We had a few flakes and here is a picture I just took from our back porch.
See how buried we are ?
I just noticed more mushrooms growing out of our walls, I guess I gotta go shoot them now.
I rearranged my some 2000 pictures and got rid of a bunch of them so many have gone from this site. Oh well, I have a few more halfway decent ones I'll post in a while.
If anyone wants to pluck them off the site, get them while they are there because I may be doing more rearranging in the not too distant future.
I was wondering what happened to some of your pics.....]
Looks so peaceful and I'll bet it smells so nice....

Do axes rust? You have to keep them oiled, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana