U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-12-2011, 12:06 PM

18,084 posts, read 23,161,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Get better. Sounds like some sort of lymphadema. Maybe they will get a pretty massage therapist for you...probably not at the VA.

With that sort of food, anyone can get heart problems, good grief! They should be feeding the vets healthy food, like lean turkey, wild rice, and spinach.
Believe me, that meal was special. This morning for breakfast it was:

scrambled eggs (no doubt powdered)
one slice of toast (no margerine or jelly)
oatmeal (no splenda or sugar)
4 oz orange juice
skim milk (carton)
coffee

I am on a standard 2000 calorie diet. I have a friend who works in the medical field and her job is to review patients treatment. She checks their meds and verifys their validity and she also reviews their meals. I have been taking pictures of my tray and sending it to her along with a detailed description of the food. This hospital is using a standard recipe deck designed for medical facilities. Here is what I've had.
day 1 less then 1200 calories
day 2 1550 calories
day 3 2600 calories
day 4 today and she hasn't got back to me yet.

But, in the 4 breakfasts I've had, I've had oatmeal 4 times. I've had scrambled eggs twice. So they are not real inventive.

After 18 years in the Navy, I can't stand powdered eggs. So one time I was in the hospital I told the diaticion that I didn't want scrambled eggs. Next dat I got my tray and it had coffee, juice, oatmeal and a covered plate. I lifted the cover and the only thing there was a piece of toast. When I called it to their attention they said "you said no scrambled eggs and there are no substitutions." They didn't even give me an extra toast or anything. Of course they had already given me my insulin so now my blood sugar was going to drop because I didn't have enough food. At about 10am my blood sugar dropped to about 40 so they give me a sandwich. At 11 they tested my blood sugar before noon meal and it was high. So then they chewed my butt for not regulating my eating better. Now I choke down Powdered eggs or I could die.

Isn't the VA great?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 12:07 PM

18,868 posts, read 16,148,376 times
It is snowing in Bozeman, hope Big Sky gets dumped on, I was there yesterday, there was not enough snow to pull a sled, let alone go skiing. I don't see a good Thanksgiving opening unless they have a good three or four snows, and it is still so warm up there, we did not even need coats to walk around.

And believe me, if I don't need a coat in Montana in November, it is WARM!!

Old 11-12-2011, 12:41 PM

1,468 posts, read 1,566,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat2k View Post
Montana Griz,
I hope you get to watch the game on Saturday. It's high time that MSU get a great seed and possibly kick the Griz out of the tourney at the same time. As UM is in the process of "rebranding" the school, do they want any help?

Go Cats!

...........to you my friend,.........remember that song by Johnny Mercer from 1944:.............."DREAM,....when you're feelin' blue....Dream etc, etc, etc"..............After today,.....'you'll be feelin' blue

Oh,....I forgot .......you were still just a gleam in your Daddy's eye,....and I was getting ready to go into 8th grade.

To be honest....................I'll probably be walkin' through the Aspen Grove along my creek with my Brittany for an hour or so this afternoon, hoping to nail a Ruffed Grouse or two. What with this storm coming into our area this week-end, I'll probably turn into a "weather wimp" aka, "Candy A$$" (after today)......when it comes to fightin' the elements for a bird or two. Plus I'll be all primed for NEXT week-end when The GRIZ gobble up the CATS

I must admit though..............that QB the Cats have, is quite the ball player

Old 11-12-2011, 04:58 PM

4,022 posts, read 2,783,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Get better. Sounds like some sort of lymphadema. Maybe they will get a pretty massage therapist for you...probably not at the VA.

With that sort of food, anyone can get heart problems, good grief! They should be feeding the vets healthy food, like lean turkey, wild rice, and spinach.
My husband got (permanently) injured in the CO. River 22 years ago, so I know quite a bit about it.....it can be inherited or due to a massive trauma....he was in rapids, got knocked out of a big raft, and decided to 'body surf' for awhile and got slammed into some boulders....a few weeks later his leg started to swell and that was the start of it.....did EH have a hard fall down his steps recently? I am trying to remember.....

Rez, he sleeps in a crate.....we are now on our 3rd one and it's the biggest one we could find........

I can't take the stuff with me that he broke, but still, I liked it..(chewing the corner off of an oriental rug that I'd had for 36 years when my husband was supposed to be watching him hit me the hardest, I think. Breaking a cookie jar that my best friend gave me 20 years ago comes in a close 2nd)....we are just not used to such a huge dog and what he can do..... He's very strong and is going to get stronger.....he destroys all toys except nylabones..I've bought #10's, I've bought things made out of fireman hose, on and on....and one 'bone' is so hard that he dropped it and it cracked a big tile all the way across...... He yanks enormous lengths of Kentucky Blue grass out of the back yard......does not dig holes, just yanks grass out in great lengths and loves to shake it from side to side......I now have long, narrow troughs where the grass used to grow....some are up to 10 feet long. I tried $$$ stinky stuff from Lowe's...he just laughed at it. (I have a lot of experience with stinky and/or bitter stuff because I tried all kinds of things to get rid of rabbits in CA). I spray hot (jalapeno) chili water on them but the yard is so immense, he just starts another spot..... He'll someday be out of the puppy phase but I might be dead from stress before he is....

Well, plans have changed about 10 times and we are now flying our girl home from Missoula for Thanksgiving break.....she will have to go to Salt Lake first......no direct flights into DIA.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post

...........to you my friend,.........remember that song by Johnny Mercer from 1944:.............."DREAM,....when you're feelin' blue....Dream etc, etc, etc"..............After today,.....'you'll be feelin' blue

Oh,....I forgot .......you were still just a gleam in your Daddy's eye,....and I was getting ready to go into 8th grade.

To be honest....................I'll probably be walkin' through the Aspen Grove along my creek with my Brittany for an hour or so this afternoon, hoping to nail a Ruffed Grouse or two. What with this storm coming into our area this week-end, I'll probably turn into a "weather wimp" aka, "Candy A$$" (after today)......when it comes to fightin' the elements for a bird or two. Plus I'll be all primed for NEXT week-end when The GRIZ gobble up the CATS

I must admit though..............that QB the Cats have, is quite the ball player
WE ARE MONTANA! GO GRIZ!

Old 11-12-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Believe me, that meal was special. This morning for breakfast it was:

scrambled eggs (no doubt powdered)
one slice of toast (no margerine or jelly)
oatmeal (no splenda or sugar)
4 oz orange juice
skim milk (carton)
coffee

I am on a standard 2000 calorie diet. I have a friend who works in the medical field and her job is to review patients treatment. She checks their meds and verifys their validity and she also reviews their meals. I have been taking pictures of my tray and sending it to her along with a detailed description of the food. This hospital is using a standard recipe deck designed for medical facilities. Here is what I've had.
day 1 less then 1200 calories
day 2 1550 calories
day 3 2600 calories
day 4 today and she hasn't got back to me yet.

But, in the 4 breakfasts I've had, I've had oatmeal 4 times. I've had scrambled eggs twice. So they are not real inventive.

After 18 years in the Navy, I can't stand powdered eggs. So one time I was in the hospital I told the diaticion that I didn't want scrambled eggs. Next dat I got my tray and it had coffee, juice, oatmeal and a covered plate. I lifted the cover and the only thing there was a piece of toast. When I called it to their attention they said "you said no scrambled eggs and there are no substitutions." They didn't even give me an extra toast or anything. Of course they had already given me my insulin so now my blood sugar was going to drop because I didn't have enough food. At about 10am my blood sugar dropped to about 40 so they give me a sandwich. At 11 they tested my blood sugar before noon meal and it was high. So then they chewed my butt for not regulating my eating better. Now I choke down Powdered eggs or I could die.

Isn't the VA great?
Hope you feel better soon, EH!

Old 11-13-2011, 07:22 AM

18,084 posts, read 23,161,203 times
I'd say "Coffees on", but I'd be lieing.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:01 AM

6,488 posts, read 7,647,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I'd say "Coffees on", but I'd be lieing.
Lying in bed?

Old 11-13-2011, 10:09 AM

6,488 posts, read 7,647,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Rez, he sleeps in a crate.....we are now on our 3rd one and it's the biggest one we could find........

I can't take the stuff with me that he broke, but still, I liked it..(chewing the corner off of an oriental rug that I'd had for 36 years when my husband was supposed to be watching him hit me the hardest, I think. Breaking a cookie jar that my best friend gave me 20 years ago comes in a close 2nd)....
That sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
we are just not used to such a huge dog and what he can do..... He's very strong and is going to get stronger.....he destroys all toys except nylabones..I've bought #10's, I've bought things made out of fireman hose, on and on....and one 'bone' is so hard that he dropped it and it cracked a big tile all the way across...... He yanks enormous lengths of Kentucky Blue grass out of the back yard...
So long as he has unsupervised access, this will continue, and he may not "outgrow" it or may even get worse. That's the real key -- that he's never unsupervised in an area that's not entirely HIS (to destroy however he wishes), like a kennel. Just like a toddler, which is what he is, mentally. He'll get the habit of leaving stuff alone from being supervised and forbidden in the act, not from "outgrowing" it.

What breed is this monster?

Old 11-13-2011, 10:13 AM

9,343 posts, read 17,007,722 times
According to The Wall Street Journal, more homeowners are installing the frequently-lampooned Murphy beds, rather than renovating or moving to a bigger home. The beds, which swing up into a wall for vertical storage, help home offices serve as bedrooms and vice versa.

Picked this 6:29 video link An inside look... | ResourceFurniture that illustrates that Resource Furniture goes Murphy Bed one more from one of the comments posted on the Wall Street Journal article about the Murphy Bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana