U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-09-2012, 09:13 PM

1,455 posts, read 1,555,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
The Billings Gazette has: Ranchers wary of group

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
Have you all heard of the American Prairie Foundation? Taking place in northeastern Montana. Here is a link
..,...You can file this info (stated below) in the "FWIW Folder" AND always remember: Don't make a superficial (positive) judgement of an organization's intentions until and after you have done "your home-work" on them and their organizers, directors and affiliated organizations!!

#1....Of the (13) men & women that are on the Board-of-Directors of this Organization (American Prairie Foundation)........NOT ONE is a fulltime permanent resident of the State of MONTANA.

#2....One of the Directors just happens to hold a very high ranking position in the George SOROS Fund Management LLC

#3....A major Contributor to this organization is the WWFund. (Do your homework on them & you will be shocked as to what percentage of the monies donated to them by the 'general public" actually ends up benefiting Wildlife!!)

Please click on the two "links" given above in the respective quoted posts.

The "Ranchers wary of group" link provides some idea as to the threat to the ranching community in Montana (particularily N/E MT). One point you may want to check-out: "The price(s) submitted to certain ranchers and/or their heirs, for their ranches and land.....are so far below their appraised value that it is an insult to the present owners."

The other link to the organization's web site will give you some idea as to the "lack of association" any of the principals have to the Ranching Community in the State of Montana.

The above opinions and judgments are solely mine based on the research I have done as a private individual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 10:27 PM

200 posts, read 250,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post

..,...You can file this info (stated below) in the "FWIW Folder" AND always remember: Don't make a superficial (positive) judgement of an organization's intentions until and after you have done "your home-work" on them and their organizers, directors and affiliated organizations!!

#1....Of the (13) men & women that are on the Board-of-Directors of this Organization (American Prairie Foundation)........NOT ONE is a fulltime permanent resident of the State of MONTANA.

#2....One of the Directors just happens to hold a very high ranking position in the George SOROS Fund Management LLC

#3....A major Contributor to this organization is the WWFund. (Do your homework on them & you will be shocked as to what percentage of the monies donated to them by the 'general public" actually ends up benefiting Wildlife!!)

Please click on the two "links" given above in the respective quoted posts.

The "Ranchers wary of group" link provides some idea as to the threat to the ranching community in Montana (particularily N/E MT). One point you may want to check-out: "The price(s) submitted to certain ranchers and/or their heirs, for their ranches and land.....are so far below their appraised value that it is an insult to the present owners."

The other link to the organization's web site will give you some idea as to the "lack of association" any of the principals have to the Ranching Community in the State of Montana.

The above opinions and judgments are solely mine based on the research I have done as a private individual.

Well done Griz.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:53 AM

4,022 posts, read 2,771,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happiness is View Post
This winter is record warm temperatures, not just in Montana.
National Weather Forecast - weather.com
Last week we had several days in the 60's.....our White Christmas is gone...and then, over the weekend, it dropped 30 degrees. Denver got a bit of snow and we thought we might be on the edge of it, but we didn't get any.........just a few flakes during the day...

The news said that CO. has about 73% of normal for snowpak....

I am kinda sad that MT. has 1 million now, too, and I don't even live there......

Old 01-10-2012, 11:58 AM

4,022 posts, read 2,771,805 times
Hi Everybody.........for once, I am on here when the sun is still in the sky......hope all are having a good day......and hope Rez is doing okay......

I laughed at Timber......that get-up is hysterical........

I woke up thinking about 8 lbs. of fudge and what does 8 lbs. of fudge look like.....that is terrible English, but I can't think of how to say it.......

Old 01-10-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
............................ Denver got a bit of snow...............................speaking of Denver>>>>"How 'bout dem Broncos __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________

I am kinda sad that MT. has 1 million now,
. ......you, me and about 900,000 others

Old 01-10-2012, 04:19 PM

18,048 posts, read 23,059,266 times
Latest addition to the team and sheep wagon. A chuck wagon to be pulled behind the sheep wagon. When we travel this summer I will be pulling a sheep wagon behind my 4 wheeler (miniature). When we camp, I will be able to hook onto this with my 4 wheeler and pull it in to town so we can load with supplies.

This green trailer weighs less then 300 lbs. It's an antique ice cream wagon. All of the doors seal tight. Inside, the shelves are actually sliding shelves so you can pull them out to get at things in back. Previous owner added lights to it. Tires are new. The only thing we'll have to do to it is extend the hitch out about 4 feet so that it can connect to the sheep wagon better. We measured the front shelf and it will hold 4, 5 gallon containers. Will probably put 1 gas can for the generator on the sheepwagon and 3 water jugs for drinking and cooking water. Cost? We got it for $250.

The side door you see, is a shelf on bearings. We are going to store a charcoal grill and a propane grill in there. When fully extended, it will stick out far enough so that we can cook right on the shelf. The propane grill is one I picked up (I posted it some time back) that's a Coleman all in one. Slow cooker, 2 burner stove, grill, griddle, and pot.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Latest addition to the team and sheep wagon. A chuck wagon to be pulled behind the sheep wagon. When we travel this summer I will be pulling a sheep wagon behind my 4 wheeler (miniature). When we camp, I will be able to hook onto this with my 4 wheeler and pull it in to town so we can load with supplies.

This green trailer weighs less then 300 lbs. It's an antique ice cream wagon. All of the doors seal tight. Inside, the shelves are actually sliding shelves so you can pull them out to get at things in back. Previous owner added lights to it. Tires are new. The only thing we'll have to do to it is extend the hitch out about 4 feet so that it can connect to the sheep wagon better. We measured the front shelf and it will hold 4, 5 gallon containers. Will probably put 1 gas can for the generator on the sheepwagon and 3 water jugs for drinking and cooking water. Cost? We got it for $250.

The side door you see, is a shelf on bearings. We are going to store a charcoal grill and a propane grill in there. When fully extended, it will stick out far enough so that we can cook right on the shelf. The propane grill is one I picked up (I posted it some time back) that's a Coleman all in one. Slow cooker, 2 burner stove, grill, griddle, and pot.

Hey Elk...................

Thr addition of the "little Green Trailer" sounds like it will be a real benefit to your daily operations while traveling.................I do have a couple of questions:

Am understanding this correctly?:......The Sheep Wagon will be towing the 4-Wheeler, which in turn will be towing the Green Trailer? (Three-in-a-row?)

If my assumption is correct........when the 4-Wheeler engine (is not running towing the Green Trailer), what is the power source for the lights on the Green Trailer......which I assume will be hooked into a "hazard-light" type system that will "blink off & on" every 2 seconds or so?
I shudder to think that some distracted driver might come up on you from behind & not realize until the last second that you are only going about 3 to 4 mph .

And 3rd: (and I don't mean to pry)......Where will your projected travels this summer be taking you??

And to those that appreciated my comments re the American Prairie Foundation.....thanks for allowing me to voice my assesment.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post

Hey Elk...................

Thr addition of the "little Green Trailer" sounds like it will be a real benefit to your daily operations while traveling.................I do have a couple of questions:

Am understanding this correctly?:......The Sheep Wagon will be towing the 4-Wheeler, which in turn will be towing the Green Trailer? (Three-in-a-row?)

If my assumption is correct........when the 4-Wheeler engine (is not running towing the Green Trailer), what is the power source for the lights on the Green Trailer......which I assume will be hooked into a "hazard-light" type system that will "blink off & on" every 2 seconds or so?
I shudder to think that some distracted driver might come up on you from behind & not realize until the last second that you are only going about 3 to 4 mph .

And 3rd: (and I don't mean to pry)......Where will your projected travels this summer be taking you??

And to those that appreciated my comments re the American Prairie Foundation.....thanks for allowing me to voice my assesment.
Team of horse, pulling sheep wagon, pulling green trailer with orange triangle for slow moving vehicle.

4 wheeler pulling miniature sheep wagon with full set of lights, and yellow strobes and sign that says, "Horse drawn wagon ahead".

When we get to a camping spot and set up, I will unhook small sheepwagon, hook up chuckwagon, connect trailer lights, remove orange triangle and head in to town at 50 mph. It's difficult to shop for grocery's with a team of horse setting out side. No place to tie them up, plus takes up massive amounts of space. So we'll set up camp and then run back in for supplies.

Next trip will be this summer and we're headed for the Black Hills. 2-3 months. The whole idea of me building the small sheepwagon and pull behind the 4 wheeler is so I could hang back and flag traffic to keep it from running up on the big wagon, around the bend.

On the entire trip to Alaska, they only had 2 times that people run up on the Wagon causing a dangerous situation. 1) a teenager on his cell phone wasn't paying attention that the wagon was going so slow. 2) an idiot truck driver, who could see what was going on, but still wanted to get a run at the next hill, while a motorhome was coming toward them. Trucker never even backed off the throttle. Mike put the wagon in a steep ditch on one side of the Alaskan Highway, while the motorhome with family inside put it in the ditch on the other side of the road. Truck never even slowed down, just kept on going. But those were the only two. But the Black Hills will be a lot more curves and a lot more hills.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:41 PM

18,868 posts, read 16,034,540 times
It is now against the law to talk on your cellphone while driving in Helena.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
It is now against the law to talk on your cellphone while driving in Helena.
That's good. They should make it a state law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana