U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2012, 12:40 AM

4,023 posts, read 4,718,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
They've got most of it over in Stanley, ID. 16 inches, 20 predicted! If you want it back, I guess you'll have to drive over and collect it yourself... I'm sure they won't mind!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Love Meryl...always a great performance.

Having a bad day? A friend who understands my Brad fetish sent me this. Out takes from Moneyball.
Just laugh along, I dare you not to....

MVI 2368 - YouTube!
We saw this one on ppv, too.......Moneyball or something like that......it's about the Oakland A's.......not super-exciting, but pretty interesting......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 05:01 AM

225 posts, read 245,864 times
It's half past 4 am here. I been up keeping the wood stove stoked. Got enough wood to last the night and for a few hours tomorrow. Even with the woodstove going the heater has come on a few times!!.. so I know it's cold!!!
Last week someone offered to bring me a load of wood and I told them I didnt have the money right now. They said that was ok.. that I could pay them later and for me to give them a call when I needed it. I just dont like to get things without having the money up front.. makes me feel like a beggar. I guess I should swallow my pride and make that call.
My mom was sleeping on the sofa trying to keep warm. Bless her heart.. she didnt even wake when I dropped an armful of logs next to the woodstove! That was at 3:30 am.
Talked to my hubby via Skype and I told him I definitely know that to live here I am gonna have to stock up on fire wood in the summer!
Which reminds me.. my cousin was living here with my mom for a little while.. he never paid her like he said he would (typical of family).. and then he makes comment about how mom needs to save her money and buy wood in summer. If I had of had my teeth in.. I would have chewed my tongue to bits!!!
I wanted so bad to tell him that he gets about 2000 a month and mom gets less than 800! How the heck she gonna save on that? and instead of paying her what he owes ... he could have stocked up on wood for her when he was here!!!! !@#$%^&*()!!!!! <---- lots of bad words.
Then he has the audacity to tell me..now that I have the car fixed.. maybe I can get a job!!!.. HELLO.. This is LIBBY Mt.. no jobs... and I have been looking, have had 3 job interviews and have applications in at a couple of places.
Also, he is always B@#$ing at me about my weight and my smoking.. blah blah blah...
AND.. I have to keep quiet because Mom has asked me to. One day I am gonna 'splode and it aint gonna be pretty.
Anyway.. sorry about the family drama stuff... I just had to vent.
I took a break from writing this, added a log to the fire and looked out the window.. saw a nice fat doe walking across the front yard... sure was a nice thing to see. Then I was got to thinking how nice it would be to have some deer sausage! If that poor deer knew what I was thinking she would have ran for the hills! LOL
Well, guess I'll try to get some rest. The dog has been laying on my bed long enough to warm it up for me.. gonna have to evict him from his comfy spot so I can get comfy too.
Ya'll stay warm and I'll holler at ya later.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:08 AM

6,258 posts, read 12,886,345 times
Good to hear from you Ma.
It is all EH's fault for bringing up the sausage thing.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:52 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,763,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Who was that famous singer that sang that oscar winning song???

"Put another log on the fire,
Cook me up some bacon and some beans, ...."
Tompal Glassier, sang with Waylon and Willie and the boys... the wife hates that song, so I reference it often when the weather is like this

Holy Mackeral!! Got about 16 inches on my sidewalk this morning, and at -3 it nips the nose and bites the toes when you are trying to shovel. Of course then I scooped the snow off the truck and filled in my work *(*&(@&(@#^$

If you could sit in a roadside cafe with a good view you could sip you coffee and watch the follies as folks who either have forgotton or never knew how to drive in this.....stuff play bumper cars on the road. Really good show if you aren't in the middle of them and trying to survive.

The Highway department finally made a pass down Hwy 12, but from East Helena to Helena, well we don't have bumps, we have moguls!
Funniest thing I have seen in a while were the guys who left the plowed road to get their starbuck coffee, and are now stuck on the berm trying to get back on the road.

The weather guessers say the snow is supposed to taper off, and then get up into the higher 30s by Sunday, but they also said we were only going to get around 3 inches of snow

Anyway, if it gets warm around here, it will be a slushy nightmare!!

Just hope the wood pile holds out....if I can find it anyway as it is kind of burried

Old 01-19-2012, 08:05 AM

448 posts, read 918,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Ha, Ha... Next they will just pass out shovels huh?
OR if we eat a lot of beans and go shovel? oh goodness?

Old 01-19-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Who was that famous singer that sang that oscar winning song???

"Put another log on the fire,
Cook me up some bacon and some beans, ...."
It's my hubby's favorite song! Tom Paul???

Old 01-19-2012, 08:27 AM

3,764 posts, read 7,447,080 times
Sitting here in front of our woodstove in the mountains of NM. We have enough snow that we cannot drive in & out to our cabin- have to walk the last 1/4 mile. Sounds pretty easy but with laundry, groceries, etc. it's a pain with a wheelbarrow. Too bumpy & bare in spots for a sled.

We've decided to keep the cabin & land here which is up against national forest but find a place to rent in Red Lodge while we check out that area for a final resting place LOL It *seems* perfect for us since we are retired, can skate ski on their groomed ski trails & downhill ski too, & love the turn-of-the-century homes & buildings. It's challenging to look for a rental long distance. But we'll drive back up to check it out.

Thank goodness for Wildblue satellite internet so we can research from a far. You all have helped tremendously to give us a feel for the area and for that we are grateful.

Enjoy your day...!

ps. "....put another log on the fire..."

Old 01-19-2012, 08:51 AM

18,696 posts, read 36,354,563 times
Found it:

Tompall Glaser ~ Put Another Log On the Fire - YouTube
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]CD Home page[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"][COLOR="seagreen"]TOS (Terms of Service)[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/107997-search-function-using-search-function.html"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]How to Search,[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]FAQ's[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/70589-guide-guide-city-data-posting.html"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Guide[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/wyoming/"]Wyoming[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/montana/"]Montana[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/north-dakota/"]North Dakota[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/south-dakota/"]South Dakota[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/guns-hunting/"]Guns and Hunting[/URL]

Old 01-19-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Nelson, Willie & Waylon Jennings - Put Another Log On The Fire: Free MP3 Download

Old 01-19-2012, 08:54 AM

Here is Tompall: Tompall Glaser - Put Another Log On The Fire -: Free MP3 Download
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana