Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2012, 09:46 AM

225 posts, read 304,001 times

Advertisements

hahahah Walter... good one.
Spent the whole day yesterday... ALL DAY deep cleaning the kitchen. I washed walls, ceilings, floors, windows, pulled out stove and refrigerator and cleaned under and behind those. Cleaned out inside of fridge too. Oven is supposedly self cleaning.. which I didnt know until I had cleaned it a couple months back.. had it covered in oven cleaner and mom walks in and says... Oh it's a self cleaning oven...
I said well, it must have been very lazy cause it didnt clean itself. LOL
Was going to try to clean the living room walls and ceiling today but my arm is sore and stiff. Looks like I am gonna have to take 1/2 a pain pill and rest for a day.
Between the wood stove, the gas stove in the kitchen and the nicotine... you can imagine what I had to clean. YUK!
I was too tired yesterday to cook so I made tuna salad sandwiches for dinner.
Guess I'll just sit on my duff today and do nothing... maybe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 11:26 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,526,489 times
Finally got it together and subscribed to EH's weather alerts for MT. and WY.......dang, don't close your eyes, it practically changed hourly today.....

Am planning on driving to Missoula at the end of the month......gonna pick her up for spring break, which is the first week of April......taking my car instead of flying her here so that I can toss a few things in and bring them back.....she picked up her cap and gown a few days ago......it's gonna happen in May! Woohoo! Have no idea how we will get it all back here in May....girls have so much stuff... At this time, just keeping my fingers crossed that the roads will be good for safe travel at the end of March.....

I don't know if I want to eat any any SNERT or not......is it dietetic?

Old 03-14-2012, 04:58 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,045,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
Speaking of clocks, as an early elementary school teacher, it never ceased to amaze me that my 1st, 2nd and even 3rd graders had a horrible time learning to tell analog time- their houses all had digital!

I would take a large $3 plastic clock to parent-teacher conferences to recommend parents get one for home.
I had 5 kids still at home when my son (youngest) was in 3rd grade. The rule around our house, during the winter, was to come in and check on supper when the street light came on. So when it lit, one of the kids would come in and find out what time we were going to eat. Well, it was my son's turn. Street lights came on, and a couple minutes later my son came through the door and asked what time they needed to be in. I told him, be in here at a quarter after 6. He then went out and told his sisters.

A quarter after 6 hit and his sisters were in the house washing up, but no son. 20 after and no son. About 23 after and my son came strolling through the door and found us already sitting down at the table. The wife, sternly, told him to wash up and get his butt to the table, he was running late. She was a little miffed, but I told her, let's find out why before we get after him for it.

He finally got to the table and sat down and we started. I asked him, "Why were you late?" He, kind of lower lip sticking out a little and said, "I wasn't late." I held my hand up to stop the wife from jumping in and I asked my son, "What were you studying in school today? Particularly, what did you cover in math?" He said, "Today we were learning to count change from a dollar." I kind of laughed and said, "What is a quarter after 6?" He smiled and said, "That's easy, it's 25 after, you know, a quarter."

It wasn't a digital/analog problem, it was math, messing with his math. hahaha

Yet today, I'll give that two tour Iraq vet a bad time when I say, "Pick me up at a quarter til, or a quarter after, you do remember that a quarter past is 15 minutes right?" He still laughs at it.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Finally got it together and subscribed to EH's weather alerts for MT. and WY.......dang, don't close your eyes, it practically changed hourly today.....

Am planning on driving to Missoula at the end of the month......gonna pick her up for spring break, which is the first week of April......taking my car instead of flying her here so that I can toss a few things in and bring them back.....she picked up her cap and gown a few days ago......it's gonna happen in May! Woohoo! Have no idea how we will get it all back here in May....girls have so much stuff... At this time, just keeping my fingers crossed that the roads will be good for safe travel at the end of March.....

I don't know if I want to eat any any SNERT or not......is it dietetic?
I made a trip to South Dakota last month and those txt alerts came in handy. When I left Sheridan, Hwy 16 and I-90 were both closed, East of Gillette to the South Dakota State line. About 10 miles out of Gillette, I got a txt message on my phone saying 16 was now open. I went through Gillette, got off at Moorecrof and kept right on going. When I was done in South Dakota, I had a txt message on my phone saying that I-90 was closed from the State line to Gillette. So I fiddled around for an hour or so and I finally got a txt message telling me that I-90 was now open from the State line to Gillette, however it was closed from Gillette to the Montana State line. I took off and headed West. About the time I went through Moorecroft, I got a txt message telling me that I-90 was now open from Gillette to the Montana State Line.

So the whole trip they kept closing and opening roads in front of me but at no time was I really stopped. I had first hand knowledge of openings and closures on the roads ahead of me. The Wyoming DOT setup on 511 Notify is a very handy tool while traveling during the winter.

By the end of March, you shouldn't have any problems with roads. That time of year is sometimes pretty nasty, dropping a snowstorm here and there. But they usually don't last long.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:11 AM

Oh, forgot to mention, coffee's on!

Going to fix up some Grits, bacon, a couple eggs sunny side up along with some toast, this morning. If somebody has some bear sign, breakfast would be complete.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:37 AM

I'm going to EH'shouse... seems like he always has yummy breakfasts....................and plenty of coffee. LOL
Good day to everyone!
Yesterday was my mom's birthday (67 yrs young). We didnt do anything special.. didnt have the money for it. I had taken her out to eat earlier this month and I had bought her 2 nice throw pillows for her bed that she liked. 2 weeks early but at least I got her something LOL

Did not get to do any cleaning yesterday... I got shot in the leg............................................... ..............by a tree!
Yep a tree shot me! No joke.
I was splitting wood ..and there was a piece that had a little knot in it.. Well, I hit the wood with the maul and that darn knot popped out like a bullet and hit me in the leg. I'm like WTF!??? Didnt know if I should laugh or cry. Ended up doing both.
Looks like a few scratches but there was also a small puncture.. bled like crazy. Mom put some peroxide on it to clean it... That stung!!! I'm like... OW Mom that hurts!!!!!! She just laughed and poured even more on it. hahaha Put some neosporin and a 4x4 bandage on it. No bruise but it is sore as heck this morning.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:00 PM

I'm kind of old school when it comes to cleaning wounds. I use whiskey. It takes two shots. First, pour a good shot and slam it on down. Wait about 2 minutes and take the second shot and just pour a little bit on the wound. Just enough to flush the wound and then slam down the rest. Problem solved!

Old 03-14-2012, 01:18 PM

Hahahah EH... sounds like a good remedy... Only problem.. I dont have any whiskey.
If I am ever in your neck of the woods... I'll just drop by your place for a patch up. LOl

Old 03-14-2012, 04:43 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
Montana is funny, takes getting used to for "outsiders". I dropped off a laptop to be repaired, the guy told me He would call me. No reciept, that he received it...okay.

I am travelling this week, enjoying a real mall! I know you guys can't relate. I am totally getting my "nordstroms fix" this week. Love it.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 PM

203 posts, read 496,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I'm kind of old school when it comes to cleaning wounds. I use whiskey. It takes two shots. First, pour a good shot and slam it on down. Wait about 2 minutes and take the second shot and just pour a little bit on the wound. Just enough to flush the wound and then slam down the rest. Problem solved!
*writes these instruction carefully down*

I don't want to miss a step.

thx!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana