Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2010, 06:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by montygarlic View Post
Naw... I figure that after I send you the samples you'll go crazy for the stuff and just want to distribute it for huge fun and profits where ever you go to compete.

mg
That could happen, can't wait to taste it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Chag Sameach* Chanukah**,

Walter Greenspan

* KHAHG sah-MEHY-ahkh = A Joyous Holiday
** KHAH-nik-uh, KHAH-noo-kah = Rededication

This year, the 8-day rabbinic Jewish Festival of Chanukah begins on the 25th day of Kislev, which this year begins at sundown tonight (Wednesday, December 1) on the civil calendar, and commemorates the Rededication of the Temple following the victory of the Jews over the Seleucid Greeks in the year 165 B.C.E. Chanukah means Rededication.
My son started off Chanukah with Blintz and Latkes. Good for him, bad for me as I'm out of Blintzes.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
slipped on ice. Nasty sound. hahaha Not sure what to do with it. Doc says it is going to hurt. Duh. hahaha Not much else I can do with it.

I can't pull on my pants because my knee is so big.
Sorry to hear that Elk, hope you get better soon!

Old 12-02-2010, 07:29 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
My son started off Chanukah with Blintz and Latkes. Good for him, bad for me as I'm out of Blintzes.
Normally associated with Shavuot (occurs 7 weeks from the 2nd night of Passover, in May or June on the civil calendar), here's a Blintz recipe so you can make 'em yourself: Let's visit.....

Old 12-02-2010, 07:39 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Elkhunter, Take care of yourself!!
Things don't heal as fast as they used to so at least let one thing heal up before you do something else!!
Get well soon!! Those horses need you.

Walter, Excellent posts

I have not had much exposure to Hebrew traditions, so your explainations are really informative and interesting to me.
Thank you

Old 12-02-2010, 08:05 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Found out I split my femur right at the socket. They didn't cast it. Just wrapped so I have limited movement. Obviously I have to stay off of it. Hard to feed horses with a leg like this. haha They gave me some really good pills though.
That's the kind of break you get from an impact with a hard object right on the end of the bone. Now I'm wondering if it might be good policy for folks who use walkers to wear knee pads, like roofer or maid pads, so if they do slip the knee doesn't bang the ground with no protection at all.

I did that to my elbow when I was 6 years old (probably not as much of a break as yours, I remember it was just half an inch long but hurt like hell that first day, tho not at all after that). Believe it or not all I did was fall off the teeter-totter sideways and my elbow happened to hit a rock. They should have just given me some pain pills and a temporary wrap for a few days, but they put it in a cast, and from being immobilized for a month it took a year to get the mobility back and another 15 years for that elbow to stop having a glitch. That arm never did get the same strength as the other one.

So in my experience you've got the right treatment -- wrapped to support it and keep you from twisting it or extending the break, but not totally immobilized.

Anyhooooo... stop doin' this kind of crap to yerself, Elk, or I'm gonna have to show you that big stick I keep behind the barn!

Old 12-02-2010, 10:54 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
I for one think we should just bubble wrap EH.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:05 AM

*BANG*BANG*BANG*BANG*BANG*

What was that??

Just ElkHunter playing with his bubblewrap again.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:01 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,059,923 times
Happy Chanukah Walter.
I had hot dogs for supper but they were Kosher !
I try to eat as much Kosher as I can and I'm even not Jewish (yet) ~♥~ .

Old 12-02-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Happy Chanukah Walter.
I had hot dogs for supper but they were Kosher !
I try to eat as much Kosher as I can and I'm even not Jewish (yet) ~♥~ .
Most westerners probably have some Hebrew ancestors back 2 or 3 thousand years, so we might all claim to be just a tiny bit Jewish I only buy Kosher hotdogs and Polish sausage, it's always better quality with more real meat in 'em. I like Hebrew National brand best of those I've tried, tho I imagine there are others as good or better that I don't know about.

Anyone else think hotdogs are best eaten fresh out of the freezer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana