U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2012, 04:38 AM

225 posts, read 246,031 times

Advertisements

WOW! You guys have such busy and interesting lives. Wish I lived close by some of ya'll.
Only thing exciting happening here...is the darn a/c unit fell out of the window! Snatched the cord right off the darn thing too. I'll take it apart later and see if I can re- attach the cord.
Got some good video of some deer by my fence. Couple of bucks with nice racks. I know some hunters that would be mighty jealous.
Other than that.. things here are boring. Nothing to do.
I been "drawing" on the computer in the MS Paint... Wish I could afford canvas and paints. I'll post some of my drawings so ya'll can see how awful I am. LOL
Hope everyone has a great day.
There are more on my profile page. Enjoy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 09:00 AM

7,540 posts, read 12,581,125 times
That's a pretty good job of drawing in Paint (and a real nice picture). Do you have a tablet or are you struggling along with the mouse?

[enlarges picture, peers more closely] Nice use of detail to suggest more to the eye, too.

As to "interesting" lives... I wish my life to be boring again, now, please... remember the Chinese curse!

Old 08-09-2012, 10:22 AM

Rez.. I have a Bamboo Tablet. I use the pen as a mouse... been using a tablet for years because my hands would cramp up really bad. Just never really used it for art.

Chinese curse?? Someone will have to explain that one to me.. never heard that before.
unless u mean Ah Tsit.. or Hu Fwung Pu?

Old 08-09-2012, 10:54 AM

Trackball does that to me, kills my thumb. Mouse... has to be in exactly the right place, or my shoulder ceases speaking to my hand.

BTW I think your picture and style would translate really well into a needlepoint pattern. Wonder if you could sell 'em that way?

The infamous Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times."

Old 08-09-2012, 01:53 PM

Havent thought about needlepoint.. but I guess the pixels do make a good pattern for needlepoint. Wonder how much I could sell a needle point for if I did one. LOL Oh my hands... and eyes!!!
I've never been good at drawing people or animals... every now and then I do an okay one. I got one I am doodling on now with horses... I'll post it here in a few.. it's by far from finished.
When I was 14 I was supposed to take painting lessons from Milton Lenoir... he was dating my cousins friend.. and I was a problem teen.. so she "talked with him" and I was supposed to have free lessons.
Lasted about 2 weeks.... he was a dirty old man and was too touchy feely... kinda ruined me on painting. No one wanted to believe me when I told them what happened...so that was a bit traumatic for me.
Then I put some paintings in the fair.... some picture of stick figures won...(found out years later they were related to the judges) So I just quit. Figured why bother when no one was really interested in my art.
I can't draw on demand.. and I wont. I have to "feel" it. I may go months before I do anything then I pour them out by the dozens. or maybe just one really good one. I dont like anyone watching me when I do draw. I like to be alone and in my own world.
I like acrylics.. hate oils. The smell of oils make me sick. I just wish I could afford the materials right now. They are so darn expensive! Canvas, or pre stretched.. then gesso.. then assortments of paints, brushes, easels, etc etc.. gets pretty costly just to get started. Then.. you probably wont recoup your $$ even if/when a pice sells... unless you are very very good.... Wish I could paint like Thomas Kinkade. That man was awesome!
here's the newest I am working on. I go back and tweak ém here and there.. always a work in progress.
Mom wants me to paint something for her to hang on the wall. If I ever get the supplies.. I'll have to paint something for her.

Well... hope you enjoy this one. I'm not finished with it... just started it today.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:06 PM

Hmmm.... I'd say you've got some talent there... nice composition. As to needlepoint, let someone else do the grunt work, but print and sell patterns for a couple bucks apiece (or whatever they go for, I have no idea), that would be a lot easier! just be sure you mark your copyright on 'em. Etsy might be one place to try.

As to supplies... why not ask on Freecycle for leftover scraps of acrylic paint, some people throw out partial tubes. Who knows what might be available (after all, I got my tenant a very nice fridge off Freecycle, so!) And seems to me there oughta be a way around the cost of canvas too... I wonder if the backsides of old billboard material would work, it's rubberized and tough as hell (I have a tarp-sized piece that was old when I got it, laid in the sun here for 6-7 years and is still like new) and can be had for free from the billboard companies, cuz an outdated one is just trash to them. Fold the edges under, nail it onto some rough boards (old barn wood or the like) and you've got a rustic frame (well, matting of sorts) at very little cost. Or paint directly on old barn wood, I've seen that done too and the high-falutin' crowd like the rustic look. I'm thinkin' use the grain of the wood as part of the scene... like as the shape of the hills or sand in the horse picture, you get the idea.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:15 PM

3,764 posts, read 7,456,374 times
Very cool, Ma. Thanks for showing them. I can't imagine doing that. When I have my second grade students in computer lab it's hard for me to even know which way I am going in MSpaint LOL.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:15 AM

Thanks Bongo! I just decided to try the paint program out one day. Figured I had a graphics tablet and it said "MS Paint"... I thought.. "why not?"
Here's another one I did tonight. I still have to go back and "tweak"it.
At least here people seem to like ém

Old 08-10-2012, 05:30 AM

Clever painting of a painting Imagine the fun if the picture-in-picture was the same as the big one...

Old 08-10-2012, 11:15 AM

18,853 posts, read 31,642,668 times
Wow. Pretty good. Everything I ever do, looks like 3 year old's doing fingerpainting.

What on earth is with all the smoke in the air? I thought maybe we were in for a thunderstorm, but I guess it is not clouds, just smoke...

Last edited by jasper12; 08-10-2012 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: edit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana