Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2013, 01:13 PM

225 posts, read 304,181 times

Advertisements

@Elk hunter.. yes, everything is ok. He was 3 weeks early. Her due date was the 25th and they had her scheduled for a C section on the 18th (she has epilepsy and opted for c section because she didnt want to have a seizure during labor and delivery).
When I talked to her a few days ago she told me she was having some discomfort and didnt think the baby was gonna wait until the 18th. And he didn't!
She said she got a burst of energy and started cleaning and fixing up his room. Then all of a sudden she felt something and thought... did I just pee on myself? LOL
She called her mother in law and told her.. I think you better get over here... NOW!
She says she didnt even bother to put shoes on. Walked into the hospital barefooted. LOL

I am a step grandma to 14 and this is my own 1st Grandbaby. And my Mom's 1st great grandbaby. So I am grandma to 15.
I am happy and sad at same time. I havent seen my daughter in person in 7 yrs and I felt bad because I could not be there with her. Thankfully the baby's other grandmother was there so she wasnt alone. Mom and baby are doing fine. Ya'll can visit my facebook page to see pics ..Ma Bonnema on facebook.

Mom and I are trying again to get back to Alabama. When and if we are able to get up the money to go you can bet we will be stopping in Dallas to see our new addition to the family... I'll try not to kidnap him.

I feel like a crappy mom and grandma because I'm too darn broke to get them anything. Hopefully they will approve my disability this time and I then I can afford to get them something.

Thanks for all of the congrats...

I am having a bit of joint pain today so think I'll lie down for a bit. Talk to all you good folks later.
Hugs xoxoxo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 08:32 AM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,947,401 times
Well it's looking like a nice sunny day and we have a giant T Bone steak and a grill. We also have a tub of lard, some corn husks and a bag of masa harina ! What a coincidence.
It's "Tamale Tuesday"

Old 04-14-2013, 08:08 AM

31 posts, read 51,899 times
I originally came to these forums to try to find a house, and now find that I enjoy reading them. And running my yap of course, but I think I will stay around a bit if you folks do not mind if you do mind, well, call me local color

Any way, so its myself and my daughter, here we are.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:22 AM

7,379 posts, read 12,668,186 times
Spud, you're such a great addition to this forum! I'm enjoying all your posts. Glad you decided to stick around. These boards can indeed be addictive . Handsome mustache. I could picture it under a cowboy hat. And what a pretty Spudnik!

Old 04-14-2013, 10:27 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,161,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud6414 View Post
Any way, so its myself and my daughter, here we are.
Daughter has absolutely arresting eyes!

Old 04-14-2013, 02:49 PM

Default ~♥~ We need snow.

Spud, that is a very nice portrait. ~♥~ My wife and I are also looking for another home.
Hopefully in northwest Montana not too far from where we dwell now.
This visiting porch is a nice friendly place to hang out.
All of the stories the porch dwellers tell here are the truth (says while typing with one hand with the other hand crossing fingers behind back !)

Despite the so called storms that keep banding through and the periods of snow we've gotten so far this season, this is about what our valley looks like right now. Maybe we'll have some snow on the ground by tomorrow. ☺ Those are the old worn down Salish Mountains in the foreground and the snowy Mission Mountains in the background.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Daughter has absolutely arresting eyes!
Yes and I bet she got those eyes from daddy ! The last time I remember seeing "arresting" and memorable eyes was on the cover of an old National Geographic magazine of an Afghan girl with piercing green eyes.
I'm sure that more than a few folks reading this might remember that cover girl.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
Yes and I bet she got those eyes from daddy !
Yep, I noticed that... the arch and placement are very similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
The last time I remember seeing "arresting" and memorable eyes was on the cover of an old National Geographic magazine of an Afghan girl with piercing green eyes.
I'm sure that more than a few folks reading this might remember that cover girl.
The one that was mentioned in Costco's rag, in the article about "NG turns 125" ??

Old 04-14-2013, 11:28 PM

225 posts, read 304,181 times
I have to agree... the folks here are right friendly and full of helpful information. Always polite too. Wish I could meet some of them personally.

What a beautiful little girl! And beautiful eyes!!!!! Umm daddy is gonna have to run fellers off with a shotgun.

My oldest daughter has dark blue eyes (her father had green eyes) and my youngest has hazel eyes (like me) but her father had blue eyes.

DLP.. I just love your photos! You have such a good eye... errr eyes... for photography.

When we move..... I plan on taking photos. I am going to miss this scenery up here and the deer coming up to the house. I am no professional photographer but I think I might be able to get a few good shots. Mom has a distant cousin in Billings and one in Scottsbluff NE. So when we leave we will go via Hwy 2 to Kalispell (gotta hit wally world).. then down to Billings, Sheridan, Casper, Ft Laramie, Scottsbluff,.. down to Ogallala NE, Colby KS, Saline KS, to Braman OK.. then on into DallasTX. (Seagoville Tx to see my new granbaby), Monroe LA, Meridian MS, then Phenix City, Ala.
I think I should be able to get a few nice photos along that route.
I sure hope I will be allowed back on the porch even if I move away from Montana.

Was going to call police and report some litterbugs.....It is disgusting what they did. I mean who ever did it... they threw white litter over everything. My yard, neighbors yard... trash cans, vehicles, trees, streets, mailboxes and even my dog had some on his fur when he came in the house.... by the time I got around to finding the number to 911... they stuff had disappeared. So, no need to report something that was now gone. pffffft!

Hope everyone is doing well. Same old thing here. Just a different day. Take care.. Talk with ya'll later.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
Was going to call police and report some litterbugs.....It is disgusting what they did. I mean who ever did it... they threw white litter over everything. My yard, neighbors yard... trash cans, vehicles, trees, streets, mailboxes and even my dog had some on his fur when he came in the house.... by the time I got around to finding the number to 911... they stuff had disappeared. So, no need to report something that was now gone. pffffft!
Coulda been those dissolvable packing peanuts. They get wet or even damp and they shrivel to nothing. Kinda fun to make a pile of 'em then wash it away. I imagine they're cellulose fibre so basically the same as bread.

That's some long trip y'all got planned... remember the ol' summertime jingle, "See the USA in your Chevrolet..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana