U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 02:06 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,593,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
remember the ol' summertime jingle, "See the USA in your Chevrolet..."
I remember that one well and being from southern California back in the day I also remember well the Golden Arrow Dairy jingle that Johnny Downs sang while dancing on the giant milk bottles on his TV cartoon show !

"We go east east east"
"We go west west west"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 02:16 PM

Speaking of milk (even though we really weren't) If you buy this brand you are supporting local small dairy farmers.
www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darigold

Old 04-16-2013, 10:02 AM

74 posts, read 101,279 times
I like talking about groceries….thanks for the tip about Marigold milk.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:04 AM

74 posts, read 101,279 times
I mean Darigold.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:17 AM

7,540 posts, read 12,582,665 times
Darigold, MeadowGold, no wonder we're confused

Old 04-16-2013, 08:59 PM

225 posts, read 246,075 times
@Rez... yeah.. it's a long trip! But I got all the stops figured out, how many hours from point A to point B.... looked to find where there were exits that had fuel and free wifi.... heheheh so I can check in. I pulled up a couple places on google... looked and said.. aw HECK NAW... aint stopping there! LOL Gotta love google maps. Found a few places that I thought.. hey.. nice place to stop!
Especially for 2 women alone... of course Bruno will be with us.
Told mom if we have to stop somewhere for fuel or potty break... just put Bruno on the short leash and no one will bother us
Years ago when mom drove by herself from Columbus, Ga to Dallas, Tx... she had my female GSD with her. I told her when u get out to pump gas... take her out with you! when you stop to go potty at rest areas.. take her with you!..
Mom said one rest area that she stopped at people waited til she got back to her car b4 they got out of theirs! LOL
And at one service station the attendant let her IN the store with the dog and the 2 guys that were hanging out there... left!
Even with Bruno I have seen people take a wide path to go around us.
Gotta love dogs

Anyway.. lets just hope and pray that things go the way we plan!

Old 04-17-2013, 05:43 AM

31 posts, read 41,025 times
I have been buying Darigold for a while now, and never really thought to look it up, just have not bought Lakeside in so long because of contest my Dad and Grandad got into with them way back in our farming days.

I always try to buy local eggs and what not from whomever is selling them, even beef too, anymore I almost can not handle some of tasteless meat from the grocery stores.

But then If all had to live on was Elk I would be happy too

Old 04-17-2013, 12:45 PM

11,844 posts, read 15,462,025 times
I have grown pretty tired of corporate farming. Jeez chicken breasts now look like turkey breasts and their 30% water in some cases. I coooked 2 lbs of cut chicken breasts last night and had to WAIT 20 minutes for the water to evaporate before I could brown and add my sauce.

We're switching to smaller farm raised chickens, beef and pork.. It costs more but we will eat less meat, but much better meat..

Old 04-17-2013, 06:00 PM

Default Too stuffed to move. ~♥~

I just ate a plate full of those factory farmed chicken breasts roasted well with Herdez green salsa on them.
We had organic broccoli with spicy brown mustard and wild rice with a splash of red hot sauce on it.
I'm so stuffed that I wouldn't even mind if someone stuck an apple in my mouth and let me lay here for a while. !
I hope the porch doesn't close early, I think I have to lay here and veg for a bit.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:45 PM

5,792 posts, read 9,273,302 times
There's just something about those water-pumped chickens that I really don't like (aside from the concept and the price); biting into them feels different, sort of plasticky. Not that I eat huge amounts of plastic, but...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana