U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-11-2013, 09:59 AM
 
Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,591,410 times
Reputation: 1974

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
We are talking about taking some time, probably after tourist season, and taking a camper and a canoe over there for some fall fishing
Don't know if it will happen yet, but it would be a blast
I think that Fall is spawning season for the German Brown Trout and for me the Browns seem to be better tasting than the other trouts.
They are fighters too, not like Lake Trout that just seem to come up willingly when caught and then put on a token effort to get unhooked.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 05-11-2013 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: fixed quote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-11-2013, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Spots Wyoming
18,696 posts, read 36,361,415 times
Reputation: 2147483647
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
I think that Fall is spawning season for the German Brown Trout and for me the Browns seem to be better tasting than the other trouts.
They are fighters too, not like Lake Trout that just seem to come up willingly when caught and then put on a token effort to get unhooked.
You are correct. In the early spring (now) I release everything but Browns. In the fall, I release Browns. I don't want to interrupt the spawn.

I prefer Rainbow's, about 14-18 inches long. That is River fishing. I haven't fished in a lake for 15 years, that I kept anything I caught.

Coffee's on.
__________________
[B][COLOR="Red"]"No Copyrighted Material."[/COLOR][/B]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]CD Home page[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"][COLOR="seagreen"]TOS (Terms of Service)[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/107997-search-function-using-search-function.html"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]How to Search,[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]FAQ's[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/70589-guide-guide-city-data-posting.html"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Guide[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/wyoming/"]Wyoming[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/montana/"]Montana[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/north-dakota/"]North Dakota[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/south-dakota/"]South Dakota[/URL], [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/guns-hunting/"]Guns and Hunting[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2013, 12:48 PM
 
5,792 posts, read 9,258,027 times
Reputation: 5988
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Loved looking at the rivers, they are so SMOOOOOOOOTH compared to the Yellowstone for instance. My father and I thought it was amazing how you couldn't see any current except for around a few rocks or bridges.

We are talking about taking some time, probably after tourist season, and taking a camper and a canoe over there for some fall fishing

Don't know if it will happen yet, but it would be a blast

Sounds great, you need to explore the area when you have some time off, not on a business trip. But a business trip to the extreme NW MT and North Idaho is better than no trip at all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2013, 03:06 PM
 
Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,591,410 times
Reputation: 1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Sounds great, you need to explore the area when you have some time off, not on a business trip. But a business trip to the extreme NW MT and North Idaho is better than no trip at all!
We don't do long distant business trips any more due to continual health and vehicle issues but when we did, we loved to multi-task and do side trips to unique and just plain pretty places.
Yesterday one of my wife's friends and I went for a drive (My wife was busy taking another friend to the hospital and shopping) so my wife's friend and I went up to the top of
the reservation divide and drove to the end of McGinnis Ditch Road. My back is so sore from that road, it's a lot longer than I remembered when I used to go up there on my Moto.

I took a photo of McGinnis Creek shown below. We love this area. ~♥~



While I have my pics open I might as well show you this one.
I plodded my way up a sketchy trail to the top and got right
up next to the top of the waterfall where it starts it's drop where the
unnamed creek begins it's drop.



This is the dog Lake Falls campground vault toilet that my wife was trapped in for about an hour
while my wife's friend and I were off hiking, fishing and picking up other peoples trash.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2013, 09:02 PM
 
18,856 posts, read 31,609,284 times
Reputation: 26107
Sidney Area Chamber of Commerece and Agriculture : Sidney Montana

The air show in Kalispell was cancelled for July. Mark your calendar for this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2013, 10:05 AM
 
Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,591,410 times
Reputation: 1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Sidney Area Chamber of Commerece and Agriculture : Sidney Montana
The air show in Kalispell was cancelled for July. Mark your calendar for this one.


Well that's a fine "how-do-you-do" ! I wonder why it was canceled. I love air shows.

I went to one a long time ago where there was the "Piccadilly Lily", The B17 bomber that was featured on the TV show "Twelve O'clock High."
I sat in every seat and gun turret on that bad dad playing war ! I think I was about 11 years old.

I wish we could go to that one at Sidney but it ain't in the cards (pets, chores, lack of money for a trip like that etc.)
I would love to float and fish the Yellowstone and visit those hoodoos south of there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2013, 10:47 AM
 
5,792 posts, read 9,258,027 times
Reputation: 5988
We love air shows, too, and we visit them whenever we can. We've seen them dwindle over the years. The sad fact is that not many young people find them fascinating. The WWII pilots who came back from the war are almost all gone now, or in no shape to be actively involved, and they, and their friends, were the ones who took care of the old planes and kept them in flying condition. Now the torch has passed to their children of the Vietnam War generation, who are also getting on in years (scary). Many planes have also been lost over the years, along with the pilots, and some even at air shows. Few young families these days have any emotional connection to old airplanes. We usually go to the Sandpoint fly-in air show in August, and from being a really nice family event with activities, vendors and lots of airplanes it was down to a shadow of itself last year, no vendors at all, and not even a booth or a rep from the Pappy Boyington Field (Coeur d'Alene). But big air shows with contemporary planes are doing well, at least in CA ()--allways full house when the Blue Angels are performing.

An oldtimer is still alive and well (I hope) and still flying his own old airplanes at 91 (as far as I know): Forrest Bird over in Sagle, ID. The Bird Aviation Museum is absolutely worth a visit if you're over that way, just about 50 minutes from the ID-MT border at Heron/Clark Fork: Highway 200 to Sandpoint, then south on 95 down to Sagle. Or I-90 from Missoula to Coeur d'Alene, then north on 95 to Sagle. Bird is the inventor of the iron lung that saved so many lives of polio victims, and a number of other gifts to humanity. He is a true gentleman--we had the privilege of meeting him a few years ago. Talk about a firm handshake! His collections include memorabilia from the early days of flying, militaria collections, and his own inventions. And airplanes and classic cars! Everything in working condition.

Bird Aviation Museum and Invention Center by Dr. Forrest Bird
Forrest Bird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2013, 10:51 AM
 
5,792 posts, read 9,258,027 times
Reputation: 5988
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
We don't do long distant business trips any more due to continual health and vehicle issues but when we did, we loved to multi-task and do side trips to unique and just plain pretty places.
Yesterday one of my wife's friends and I went for a drive (My wife was busy taking another friend to the hospital and shopping) so my wife's friend and I went up to the top of
the reservation divide and drove to the end of McGinnis Ditch Road. My back is so sore from that road, it's a lot longer than I remembered when I used to go up there on my Moto.

I took a photo of McGinnis Creek shown below. We love this area. ~♥~



While I have my pics open I might as well show you this one.
I plodded my way up a sketchy trail to the top and got right
up next to the top of the waterfall where it starts it's drop where the
unnamed creek begins it's drop.



This is the dog Lake Falls campground vault toilet that my wife was trapped in for about an hour
while my wife's friend and I were off hiking, fishing and picking up other peoples trash.
Beautiful pics! But I'd take a guess and say your wife's day wasn't nearly as good as yours, the day she was trapped!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2013, 02:14 PM
 
Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,591,410 times
Reputation: 1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Beautiful pics! But I'd take a guess and say your wife's day wasn't nearly as good as yours, the day she was trapped!



Yes but now I'm not having a very good day, I just found out that one of my uncles just died.
I should be happy that his suffering is over and he is in a better place than this messed up world.

We refuse to let this ruin our day though, we're on our way to Polson to get me a new tripod.
Oops I guess that is kiboshed too. My wife thought that some Walmart 20 buck tripod is the one that I wanted, (big communication breakdown I guess).
The tripod I want has a pistol grip ball head and costs $220.

Oh well I suppose that we are destined to have a great day fishing and getting sort of lost way up in the mountains looking for birds, bears, panthers or elk to photograph.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2013, 04:26 PM
 
18,856 posts, read 31,609,284 times
Reputation: 26107
My friend thinks the airshow was cancelled because of the federal government sequestration. Bummer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:33 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top