Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2010, 03:38 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I just found out what the difference is between a Tipi and a Wigwam.
I'm a tipi, I'm a wigwam... I think I'm two tents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 04:48 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,168,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Some days it's not bad and then others suck. Yesterday was one of those days that was seriously lacking int he comfort department. haha IB Profin just wouldn't catch on. I won't take anything stronger. I figure if IB won't do it then I'll just get by.

We're supposed to get snow today. Then, it's supposed to warm up and we'll be in the 40's. It's already 37.

Yes, I am kicking, just not very high or hard. If it would quit swelling it would be better. Last night it swelled up bad enough that I couldn't take off my pants. hahaha Almost broke out the scissors. Elevation? I'm at 3960 ft, is that high enough? I could go West and it climbs quick.

Just wanted to mention that I have a friend who is a Lion Hunter. He does it professionally. Ranches around here contract him to take care of business. The other day he was out with his dogs and they treed. Chased an old lion with young into a cave. Brent came out ok, but 2 of his three dogs didn't do so well. They are still alive but barely. We've been keeping pine tar on them. This morning, for the first time in a week, they ate a little food. They seem to be picking up a little. Keep your fingers crossed.
Hope you get to feeling better EH. Hope your friends dogs come out ok also. My furrballs went roaming from my new place a couple days ago with a new friend... bad thing is the friend was one of the coyotes I heard baying the other night... Those buggers are smarter than they seem.. They track, follow, play nice and lure. I'm keeping a closer eye out for our old dogs, but what will be will be. (They have treed a cat or two in there day, but they are getting old... One's got some hip trouble and the other is going deaf.) 20 years isn't bad for a husky they said I'd never be able to train, and 18 for the mutt isn't to bad either...

Old 12-10-2010, 06:01 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,059,923 times
See I said I would dig up another photo of Rock City. My new pain medication is very effective, affordable, natural, legal and it isn't affecting my short term memory too much !
I'm as happy as a Hurdy Gurdy player with a tin cup full of copper.

Rock City rim view.
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TQLE5O5wdEI/AAAAAAAAIO0/qqJOoiCPryU/s576/IMG_0165-1.JPG (broken link)

I found this very good Mexican restaurant just over the state line from where we dwell at the moment. Very Very good.
Tonight for supper we are having Shredded Beef Tamales from this place, that we bought in bulk on our last visit to Sandpoint.
They even make Genuine Mexican Tortas. Try finding those in Montana.
I went to the same schools as the owner.
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TQBz4HVI79I/AAAAAAAAIMI/cEBJscM-rrU/s512/IMG_2046.JPG (broken link)

Old 12-10-2010, 09:03 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Question: Why did the Indians live in Tipis?

Answer: to keep his wigwam (wig-warm)

Apparently, the bad jokes are catching!!

Old 12-11-2010, 09:16 AM

451 posts, read 998,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
My furrballs went roaming from my new place a couple days ago with a new friend... bad thing is the friend was one of the coyotes I heard baying the other night... Those buggers are smarter than they seem.. They track, follow, play nice and lure. I'm keeping a closer eye out for our old dogs, but what will be will be. (They have treed a cat or two in there day, but they are getting old... One's got some hip trouble and the other is going deaf.) 20 years isn't bad for a husky they said I'd never be able to train, and 18 for the mutt isn't to bad either...
Sorry to learn that your old buddies have gone wandering, Tw. Perhaps, at their age, it is for the best. Who knows - they may return yet. You seem to be at peace/accepting of the circumstances. I think that is the main thing.

Meanwhile, the winter over on this side of the state started a bit earlier than usual, bringing more snow and cold than we've come to expect. I guess we're spoiled.

How goes your adjustment since your move to Montana, weather-wise?

mg

Old 12-11-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post

When I get too tense it is time to go camping.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:23 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,059,923 times
I know where you can rent a tipi for the night and it's right next to a hot mineral spring soaking tub.
Only problem is that the tipi is all moldy and the caretaker of the soaking tub has a habit of sitting in it when visitors are in it and he starts shaving in the tub.
That isn't all, When visitors let their little dogs out to do what little dogs have to do, the caretaker threatens to stomp the dog to death.
My advise to anyone who wants to use this hot tub, write your cars license plate number on the $5. bill you put in the payment box or the guy will try to double charge you.
I have no Idea why the tribes allow this odd dude to be in charge of this tribally run hot tub. The guy looks African, claims to be 100% native American and has an Irish last name !
Don't let him stomp your puppy.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:54 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,168,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montygarlic View Post
Sorry to learn that your old buddies have gone wandering, Tw. Perhaps, at their age, it is for the best. Who knows - they may return yet. You seem to be at peace/accepting of the circumstances. I think that is the main thing.

Meanwhile, the winter over on this side of the state started a bit earlier than usual, bringing more snow and cold than we've come to expect. I guess we're spoiled.

How goes your adjustment since your move to Montana, weather-wise?

mg
They came home, they were just checking out the new digs, the coyote was interesting though. My wife tried to get a picture, she said our 2 furrballs and the coyote came up to the driveway it looked like they were the best of friends.. I didn't witness it, but the pic she took sure looked like a coyote, was too far to tell for sure though.

I've lived in MT most of my life, we just moved from Gallatin to Lewis and Clark County.. I'd say the weather is pretty much the same, + or - a couple degrees.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
They came home, they were just checking out the new digs, the coyote was interesting though. My wife tried to get a picture, she said our 2 furrballs and the coyote came up to the driveway it looked like they were the best of friends.. I didn't witness it, but the pic she took sure looked like a coyote, was too far to tell for sure though.

I've lived in MT most of my life, we just moved from Gallatin to Lewis and Clark County.. I'd say the weather is pretty much the same, + or - a couple degrees.
Good news about the pups!

My mistake - I confused you with another poster here...

mg

Old 12-11-2010, 10:27 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
EH make sure you are checking your toes often. With all the swelling you make sure your foot is getting enough circulation. (ok no more lecture )

There are ti-pt rings here
Medicine Lake National Widllife Refuge Complex
good place to bird-watch and spend some time if you are ever over here. Hardly ever see another person. Many, many pelicans during the season are really a sight to see.
Don't miss this if you are already over on this side.
Fort Peck

Neighbors it is currently -10 here and that is without counting the wind factor. These days make Florida look really nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana