U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 09:21 AM

7,544 posts, read 12,612,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
Rez... if it was just me.. I could live in a travel trailer... or even a tent.... but it is mom I worry about. In fact, I was just showing her some really nice tents online at walmart. hahahhahaha
Some of 'em are pretty good sized (I've seen two-bedroom models!) My old big one, I got from a married couple who'd lived in it a couple years. Current one, a retired couple had called home for several years. And for more space, you can probably find an old two-bedroom mobile home for a song -- I wish I had my uncle's old Rollohome, laid out just right and perfect for one or two people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 07:14 PM
TD*

1,520 posts, read 3,133,367 times
I live in Florida, but i am amazed by the beautiful landscape!

Old 07-07-2013, 10:46 PM

11,865 posts, read 15,523,913 times
Never made it hiking today. Had my son help me replace the starter in my truck and while we were at it we went ahead and replaced the drivers side weatherstripping, did a fresh oil and filter change.... The annual maintenance for the dodge diesel.

Took my truck and camper to the scales at the dump to weigh it 'fully loaded'. Weighed in at 10,500lbs!! With just me in the cab (no camper) it's around 7,500 lbs, so I'm turtling 3,000 lbs with a 'light weight' pop top truck camper, lol. I thought the truck was huffing a little heavy coming over MacDonald pass yesterday, lol.

Man- those guys hauling Arctic Fox and Lance hardsides must be well over 4,500 lbs loaded!

Old 07-10-2013, 02:27 PM

225 posts, read 246,610 times
I may have found a home for Bruno. My neighbor knows a man in Trego Mt that has a large ranch and has a bunch of dogs that he uses to guard his sheep. He has experience with dogs with bad attitudes.
He is getting too aggressive for mom and I.
yesterday he would not stop barking and I brought him in to keep him quiet.. I had my voice raised and was pointing my finger at him.. he bared his teeth and growled at me.
Thats enough... I cant take the chance on him biting mom or myself.. especially with our health conditions.
I am hoping that Bruno is just bored and needs a "job" or something to do. If that's the case.. he would make a good ranch dog.
And I am not going to have a dog I raised from a pup turning on me for no darn reason. It's either find him a home or have him put down. I want what is best for Bruno. if he can be happier and handled by someone that can deal with him.. then that is where he should be.
Sorry if that offends someone but I'm not going to take the chance of him biting us.. or someones child. Enough is enough.
There is a difference between a dog that is doing its job and a dog that has an issues.
Anyway.. we have everything packed and ready to go. Just have to wash the walls in mom's room and then sit and wait for her money to come in.
I'm so ready to hit the road.

How's your day going?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
I may have found a home for Bruno. My neighbor knows a man in Trego Mt that has a large ranch and has a bunch of dogs that he uses to guard his sheep. He has experience with dogs with bad attitudes.
Sounds like a good decision -- especially since the moving thing will likely make him worse (strange place makes dogs like him even more "guardy", often inappropriately)... I think you're right, it's go elsewhere or go in the ground. If he doesn't work out for the rancher, he's no worse off than before, and he got a second chance.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:26 AM

225 posts, read 246,610 times
Thx Rez... I really hate to get rid of him as I have had him since he was 6 weeks old... and he just turned 3 this past march.
However, he has gotten really hard to handle lately and with my health and mom's health... as much as we love him... it's not worth one of us getting injured trying to correct him or "calm" him down.
He's a smart dog and is full of energy and he needs something to do .
I'd rather give him a chance at a better and more productive life than have him become more unruly or have him put down.
I think he may just need someone that has more of an Alpha personality than I do. Some dogs just need really really dominant owners or "pack leaders" that are physically and mentally able to handle them. Evidently.. in Bruno's case.. it isnt me.
And he just might need a "pack" to teach him how to behave. I'll just stick with the cat for now... and if/when I ever get my own place I may get another dog... one that is a little more docile.
Or maybe just a mean ole goose..lol
We have decided to go to Chickamauga, Georgia where my sister lives.. at least we wont be homeless.. much. I'll find and SSd attorney once we get there and re file.
I hope mom and I can get our own place. All I want is an acre... so I can have a few chickens, a couple of turkeys, a couple of goats, and maybe an emu or two.
As always... once we get settled.. if any of ya'll are ever that way.. stop in for coffee... or a bite to eat. My house is always open to friends.
3 weeks to go b4 we pull outta here. ... unless we get miracle money b4 then. LOL
I'll keep ya'll updated

Old 07-12-2013, 03:58 PM

448 posts, read 921,934 times
Default Busy,Hot Summer

Man I forget to come onto the front porch and I don't get reminders of posts so I forget about you all. Been really warm and dry here around Helena. Geese, we could use some rain and cooler normal temps. Not likely to happen I see. Don't know why I don't get notifications of posts, makes me mad. Love hearing and talking to ya guys.
I've been busy keeping my garden growing and trying to keep the grass green, which is a petty thing but I do love a little green lawn. I am slowly removing most of the lawn and going to go xeriscaping and rocks! Lot less work and lot less water which doesn't need to be wasted. Gotta go batten down the hatches the wind is starting in! take care all

Old 07-13-2013, 09:14 AM

The one thing dumber than sawing off the tree branch you're sitting on...

Old 07-13-2013, 09:18 AM

448 posts, read 921,934 times
OMGosh!! you gotta be crazy!!

Old 07-13-2013, 09:52 AM

Heh, it's so dumb I couldn't decide if the photo was staged or not! But I've seen people do stuff like that... well, not quite so drastic, but similar in principle.

Anyway, it's now my How Not To poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana