Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2013, 11:44 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times

Advertisements

Doing yard work and filling up the dumpster today. I never got a dumpster before, makes a lot of sense when you are doing yardwork, cleaning out the garage. I decided to hire a guy to cut the big trees, cheaper than the co pay for the ER visit when I saw off a body part if I tried to do it myself. Good to know your limitations. I considered renting a chainsaw...No...I cut myself using scissors...power tools, forget it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 10:15 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
A team came in and cut and chipped two acres of my neighbors property.. Actually looks good! Now I have to get busy

Old 09-07-2013, 07:17 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Here's a recipe to help get rid of your surplus zucchini:

Zucchini Onion Pie Recipe | Taste of Home

I make onion pie that's basically the same except without the zucchini (and I bake it in the microwave!) If you use red onions, they turn bright green inside the pie. Serve covered in butter and lemon pepper, hot or cold.

Onion custard-and-sour-cream pie is good too!

Old 09-08-2013, 12:42 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Doing yard work and filling up the dumpster today. I never got a dumpster before, makes a lot of sense when you are doing yardwork, cleaning out the garage. I decided to hire a guy to cut the big trees, cheaper than the co pay for the ER visit when I saw off a body part if I tried to do it myself. Good to know your limitations. I considered renting a chainsaw...No...I cut myself using scissors...power tools, forget it.
Know your limitations. Boy, what that could teach us. I didn't know mine, yesterday.

I took a 15 ton Roller off roading. Was rolling out a chipper job (chip sealing a road) and when I rolled the top of a flat and got to the edge, I went to reverse directions, the roller stalled. I already had momentem and was moving, so I didn't panic, I grabbed neutral, fired it up, dropped it in forward, and stalled it again. About the third time, I exited the road, going back wards, at a rate of speed indicative by the fact I didn't leave any skid marks when I crossed a secondary road (airborn), and then down in a canyon. I road it to a stop. I kept trying. When I worked my way up through the trees and got to the side of the road, I realized I had had the wind knocked out of me. While sitting there for a minute, the owner showed up and looked at his roller down in the trees and said, "Get in, I'll take you to get the other roller." I rolled the rest of the day, kind of gasping in each breath of air. Stiff and sore, but I finished out my day........ and then told him to just write me a check for my pay, because I was done.

So I spent yesterday and today, in the hurt locker. Feel better, but still stiff. When will I learn, it's a young man's game?

Old 09-08-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Know your limitations. Boy, what that could teach us. I didn't know mine, yesterday.

I took a 15 ton Roller off roading.
I ain't lettin' you NEAR a crane, you'd probably take it flying!

Old 09-08-2013, 08:00 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Glad you're ok Elk

Sounds like quite an adventure.

I have the same problem with trying to get my 78 year old father to slow down and be a little more careful. Last Sunday we went to round up the cows before hunting season starts and get them home.
I saw my father charging through the timber dodging trees at a full gallop, up and over steep inclines, jumping deadfalls and creeks, riding like a crazed 16 year old cowboy chasing our Scotties through the brush.

Monday morning he was complaining that he was a little stiff too.....

Myself, I don't do that much riding anymore and well.....my hindquarters aren't used to that much saddle interface and I had a few sore spots lets just say

It's great when you can still be mobile and vital when you get a few years on you, but we all pay for it because we just don't bounce back like we used to

Old 09-08-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
I have the same problem with trying to get my 78 year old father to slow down and be a little more careful. Last Sunday we went to round up the cows before hunting season starts and get them home.
I saw my father charging through the timber dodging trees at a full gallop, up and over steep inclines, jumping deadfalls and creeks, riding like a crazed 16 year old cowboy chasing our Scotties through the brush.
You're just jealous cuz you can't keep up.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:33 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Stiff and sore, I can barely move today. I did two 20 yard dumpsters in two days. Pretty good for an old hag like me. I need to get another one, and want to put it off a few weeks. No, the place is almost liveable now... One more, next weekend.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:59 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
You're just jealous cuz you can't keep up.
You are right! Never have been able to keep up to that crazy old coot

Old 09-08-2013, 10:28 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Glad you're ok Elk

Sounds like quite an adventure.

Monday morning he was complaining that he was a little stiff too.....
And there is a problem with that? Think about it. Many years ago, he told you to slow down, to take it easy, cause he cared. Of course, you did what you wanted to do, that was just you.

No, I'll keep doing what I have always done, and that is get the job done. I'm just thinking that one of these days, "Ra" ain't going to let me participate anymore, and to me, that would be a tradgety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana