U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2010, 02:35 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,902,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
I was gonna get a hair cut, but then decided it would be quicker to get them all cut at once.
That's a good one. Even I got that right off the bat.

Why not stick a Snap-On speeder wrench in the ear and reel the hair back in.
It's cheaper and more fun than sitting in an scary looking big chair having some uncle lester looking guy with JD on his breath coming at you with a pair of hedge clippers.
I've been doing my own haircuts and dental work for decades. It saved me lots of moola and never kept me from getting lucky.

One of my grandfathers was a dentist and he worked in places off the grid. His assistant would pedal his drill and he worked for free in India, Korea and China. Wadda guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 02:44 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,912,703 times
Default Happy Holidays!

Hi neighbors,
I will be off the porch for about two weeks, home is calling and we have the chance to house sit in Bend Or for some time.
I have one really wealthy relative
So house sitting involves sitting in the hot tub followed by a swim in the indoor pool then going into the wine celler for the selection of the day...Hubs and I will greatly enjoy ourselves. No real internet service there, I can go into town and check email and such here and there. Great place to enjoy Christmas, so happy holidays to everyone and I am hoping the best in the new year for you all....
Keep an eye on EH ok?
Best wishes and thanks for all the wonderful company and conversations this year.
See ya in 2011!

Old 12-15-2010, 03:01 PM

7,543 posts, read 12,602,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montygarlic View Post
Bargain Hunter!

It's okay, so long as you shop local.
Very local. I went into my bathroom and got the shears out of the drawer...

<reading label> Man, these are OLD... Revlon from Italy. I've had 'em since about 1974, and they weren't young then.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:16 PM

7,543 posts, read 12,602,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
That's a good one. Even I got that right off the bat.
Proving that you're quicker than the Cousins, who are still trying to count past "one".

Quote:
Why not stick a Snap-On speeder wrench in the ear and reel the hair back in.
Now I like that idea!!

Quote:
It's cheaper and more fun than sitting in an scary looking big chair having some uncle lester looking guy with JD on his breath coming at you with a pair of hedge clippers.
My technique is a trifle Q&D... I grab a handful, and anything that sticks out, I cut off. My sister once said it appears I'd had a date with the chainsaw.
I'd use a clipper, but I have that thick fine stuff and a clipper just gags on it. Would love to have a mohawk (I dig the punk look, but it's really too much work so I don't bother!), but it falls over and lays there like a dead rat (and points off at an angle if you shellac it), which kinda spoils the effect.

Funny story from when I had long hair (if I don't whack on it regularly, it's down past my ass in only a year -- grows like switchblades). One day I got up, looked in the mirror and saw a hair in my eye, or more specifically sticking out of the tear duct. So I go to pull it out... and it keeps coming and coming... damn thing was about two feet long. How it all got in there I have no idea, let alone why I couldn't feel it.

My sister has let her hair (which grows just as fast) get down to mid-calf, no kidding it was actually that long for a while. She'd braid it up at night, and I always wondered why it didn't strangle someone, it had to be like sleeping with a pile of ropes, or snakes. (Tho maybe it was good for a little B&D with her hubby??) She finally got tired of dealing with it and chopped it off at a more rational length.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:19 PM

2,626 posts, read 4,950,826 times
We will miss you 7. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Years!!

Old 12-15-2010, 04:41 PM

If you take us with you we will be your butler/chauffeur and maid/chef team for free just for the hot tub and pool swims.
We are serious. Of coarse we don't go anywhere without our dog and bird.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:43 PM

2,626 posts, read 4,950,826 times
Quote:
If you take us with you we will be your butler/chauffeur and maid/chef team for free just for the hot tub and pool swims.
We are serious. Of coarse we don't go anywhere without our dog and bird.
I agree, you need to take the entire 'porch' with you! Great suggestion Rickers!

Old 12-15-2010, 07:41 PM

11,856 posts, read 15,500,183 times
MT-7; Please just send a pm with the GPS coordinates. I'll bring the corkscrew

Old 12-15-2010, 09:17 PM

Cool Time for a BLD sandwich ~♥~ It aint Kosher !

B.L.D. = Bacon, Let Us and Delicious sandwich. My B.L.T. ~♥~ rickers style .
Try it, you'll like it.
Slow cook regular thin sliced straight banded Oscar Meyer bacon, be picky, cook slow and crispy.
Wash some Romaine Lettuce and pat dry.
Slice firm but ripe tomato very thin and pat dry on paper towel.
Fry tempura battered dried tomato slices in hot olive oil until golden.
Toast Deli Rye bread but don't burn it.
Spread my all purpose sauce on toast and build the B.L.D.

Don't just sit there and gaze at it, go ahead and dig in.
My sauce recipe is on the recipe sub forum on the food board.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:33 PM

9,341 posts, read 25,481,690 times
Quote:
B.L.D. = Bacon, Let Us and Delicious sandwich. My B.L.T. ~♥~ rickers style :).
It would be kosher (Time for a BLD sandwich ~♥~ It aint Kosher !) if you used kosher bacon.

Sold as Beef Frye or Breakfast Beef, kosher bacon comes from the same part of the cow that bacon comes from on a pig.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana