U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Unread 12-15-2010, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Montana
1,219 posts, read 1,859,414 times
Reputation: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
It would be kosher (Time for a BLD sandwich ~♥~ It aint Kosher !) if you used kosher bacon.

Sold as Beef Frye or Breakfast Beef, kosher bacon comes from the same part of the cow that bacon comes from on a pig.
I've actually cured some decent antelope (yup you heard me right) and elk bacon that has been pretty tasty..

That said I still like to buy a pig from a place outside of Cardwell every other year for the wonderful job they do. Chops, Hawks, Bacon, loins, and wonderful breakfast sausage.. I have never had religious restrictions when it comes to eating (and I have respect for those that do) these folks do a great job for those that eat pork. I'd recommend milligan canyon meats to anyone interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 12-16-2010, 08:13 AM
 
Location: In an alternate universe according to some
10,093 posts, read 10,365,641 times
Reputation: 4229
Good morning all and Merry Xmas!!! Well, we're in a cold snap here, supposed to drop down to 60-67 degrees for 2 days or so... I hate the cold! It'll then pop back up to low-mid 70's for the foreseeable future which will make my tomato plants happy.
It's been in the high 70's to low 80's for the past week or two, we've broken several records lately.

Kinda miss the snow at this time of year, maybe it's time to drive up to Flagstaff and visit it.
I've got a favor to ask, could anyone who's familiar with Lewistown do some sniffing around about the bbq comp that's supposed to be there July 15th? There's been some suspicions/talk floating around that it could be a scam or is close to being cancelled. I'd love to know if I should drop my plans to make the trip or?
It's at Bearcone Mountain Farms in Lewistown...
Thanks y'all and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

The following was a response to a question of who's funding the $100k prize money. Naturally people are hinky about the highest payout in BBQ history so if anyone knows anyone over there please let me know what you hear. I could see it, there are a lot of very wealthy people sprinkled around MT who might just think this is a good way to haul in crowds...

Thank you for your interest in our great and exciting event here in Lewistown, Montana. I cannot tell you whom they sponsors are at this time but will be divulged at a later date but let it be known that it is several very large ranchers here in Lewistown, Montana whom are all working together to make tourism just a little bit better here. Tourism was on the downside here and this was just the antitidote to bring things back to life here and we want to go up in BBQ history as having the largest winnings. It will be fun and exciting and we hope to see you there. We will forward your contest packet this week sometime. We are getting hard snows today so it might be a day or two before we get a packet out to you. Again thank you for your interest and inquiry and have a Happy Holidays. Happy Thanksgiving all. By the way I can tell you that BearCone Mountain Farms is one of the sponsors.

Cordially
Jesse Montana
Host & Promoter
Wild Wild West Frontier Festival & BBQ Cookoff
BearCone Mountain Farms

Last edited by jimj; 12-16-2010 at 08:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 12-16-2010, 10:08 AM
 
Location: In an alternate universe according to some
10,093 posts, read 10,365,641 times
Reputation: 4229
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Good morning all and Merry Xmas!!! Well, we're in a cold snap here, supposed to drop down to 60-67 degrees for 2 days or so... I hate the cold! It'll then pop back up to low-mid 70's for the foreseeable future which will make my tomato plants happy.
It's been in the high 70's to low 80's for the past week or two, we've broken several records lately.

Kinda miss the snow at this time of year, maybe it's time to drive up to Flagstaff and visit it.
I've got a favor to ask, could anyone who's familiar with Lewistown do some sniffing around about the bbq comp that's supposed to be there July 15th? There's been some suspicions/talk floating around that it could be a scam or is close to being cancelled. I'd love to know if I should drop my plans to make the trip or?
It's at Bearcone Mountain Farms in Lewistown...
Thanks y'all and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

The following was a response to a question of who's funding the $100k prize money. Naturally people are hinky about the highest payout in BBQ history so if anyone knows anyone over there please let me know what you hear. I could see it, there are a lot of very wealthy people sprinkled around MT who might just think this is a good way to haul in crowds...

Thank you for your interest in our great and exciting event here in Lewistown, Montana. I cannot tell you whom they sponsors are at this time but will be divulged at a later date but let it be known that it is several very large ranchers here in Lewistown, Montana whom are all working together to make tourism just a little bit better here. Tourism was on the downside here and this was just the antitidote to bring things back to life here and we want to go up in BBQ history as having the largest winnings. It will be fun and exciting and we hope to see you there. We will forward your contest packet this week sometime. We are getting hard snows today so it might be a day or two before we get a packet out to you. Again thank you for your interest and inquiry and have a Happy Holidays. Happy Thanksgiving all. By the way I can tell you that BearCone Mountain Farms is one of the sponsors.

Cordially
Jesse Montana
Host & Promoter
Wild Wild West Frontier Festival & BBQ Cookoff
BearCone Mountain Farms
Some further info, this "business" (BearCone Mnt Farms) is registered with MT.Gov but only since 11/2010. Y'all know how easy it is to register in MT right?
Anyway, supposedly this person is a recent transplant from AZ via I think CA and is supposedly a "horse trader" in Lewistown from what I'm reading and on a bbq forum someone posted his name is really Jesse Peake but I can't confirm this through any web search I've done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 12-16-2010, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Where the mountains touch the sky
2,376 posts, read 1,621,271 times
Reputation: 2865
Jimj,

I did some quick checking and there is no mention of any competion in the Lewistown News Argus.
Lewistown News-Argus > Search

BearCone Mountain Farms is an Assumed Business Name or ABN registered with the state of Montana, so not a corporation, it is just a DBA or Doing Business As name.
https://app.mt.gov/bes/

You may wish to contact the News Argus directly and ask them. If they don't know anything about it, it may make a good story for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 12-16-2010, 10:40 PM
 
9,343 posts, read 14,944,068 times
Reputation: 4167
Default 'Instant Montana ranch' shipped to Russia

According to an AP article, ’Instant Montana ranch’ shipped to Russia, in the Great Falls Tribune, "Montana livestock producers say they have shipped an "instant ranch" to the grasslands of southwestern Russia -- complete with cowboys, quarter-horses and 1,400 purebred beef cattle."

They are bound for the Stevenson Sputnik Ranch, a partnership between rancher Darrell Stevenson of Hobson and Russian investors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 12-17-2010, 08:01 AM
 
4 posts, read 7,833 times
Reputation: 16
Question instant montana ranch

Are they sending any montana wolves withe the herd or will the russian wolves be used to decimate the herd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 12-17-2010, 08:03 AM
 
Location: In an alternate universe according to some
10,093 posts, read 10,365,641 times
Reputation: 4229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
According to an AP article, ’Instant Montana ranch’ shipped to Russia, in the Great Falls Tribune, "Montana livestock producers say they have shipped an "instant ranch" to the grasslands of southwestern Russia -- complete with cowboys, quarter-horses and 1,400 purebred beef cattle."

They are bound for the Stevenson Sputnik Ranch, a partnership between rancher Darrell Stevenson of Hobson and Russian investors.
Hmmm, vodka filled cows? Did they require that the cows be RED?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 12-17-2010, 09:02 AM
 
Location: In The Outland
6,047 posts, read 6,028,386 times
Reputation: 3535
I'm glad we sent them 100% pure bred beef. We don't want those Russians buying stock that has been contaminated with any genes or DNA from "The Cousins" They might think we are trying to pawn off mad cows or something.
If they feed the stock enough Vodka they won't have to use antibiotics and can sell the beef as "pre-marinated"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 12-17-2010, 09:29 AM
 
Location: NW Montana
451 posts, read 428,141 times
Reputation: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyk9 View Post
Are they sending any montana wolves withe the herd or will the russian wolves be used to decimate the herd?
Did they send any BBQ'ers? jimj - this looks like new ground for your traveling BBQ show - go get 'em!


mg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 12-18-2010, 12:18 AM
 
Location: In The Outland
6,047 posts, read 6,028,386 times
Reputation: 3535
Cool Moon Shot

Had to eat some more Kosher hot dogs today.
Dang those things are sure tastier than the ones with the rat hairs, entrails, and .009 % fecal material.
Photo below is our weather report. Our weather is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.
The turkeys are coming down from the trees about ten in the morning and there is a cat or bear in the hood. My dog just told me so.
Photo from my back window yesterday afternoon. I have my own space program going here.

I call this a "Moon Shot"

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TQxddPyvwhI/AAAAAAAAIYg/62gzkZA8Cf0/s512/IMG_2083-1.JPG (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36 AM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top