Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2014, 02:56 PM

160 posts, read 301,062 times

Advertisements

Keep your chin up Elk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 01:34 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Damnit man, it did it again.

I am about to give up when it comes to a garden. Had a hail storm roll through here yesterday afternoon, Hail a little bigger than quarters, heavy wind, garden didn't have a chance. Going to give it one more shot.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:44 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
The mud finally got more or less dried out and what is it doing again?

RAINING!!

Hey Elk, try that knitted (not woven) shade cloth over your garden. You can get it in as little as 20% shade so it doesn't block too much sun. Mine that I have over the kennel is ancient (I got it in 1997) and the hail hasn't damaged it at all. Holds up well in the wind, too. I imagine hail just bounces, and the stuff is really strong, so...

Here's the cheapest place I've found for the decent quality stuff:

Greenhouse Megastore | Greenhouses, Greenhouse Supplies, Garden Supplies

(Well, I guess the lightest they have is 30%, but not much difference. You can get thinner stuff direct from China tho it's woven which doesn't hold up so well in the wind.)

Better than fasteners, run a couple rolls around a fence pole, fasten it good, and dangle that over your end posts. Keeps it tight and doesn't come loose.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:12 PM

An excellent template for local government:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-v1Ta_il94

Old 07-08-2014, 10:42 AM

225 posts, read 303,889 times
howdy folks.
sorry i havent kept up ... been busy trying to clean the yards here. Almost killed me.
forgot my password AGAIN.. had to reset that. now I have myself a sticky note on the wall to help me remember.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Mom and I are getting by doing the best we can. been hot here in Alabama.
Y'all can always look me up on Facebook or send me a message if ya feel like it.. just in case you may miss me somewhat... a little.. or a smidgen or two. :P

Did y'all have a good 4th of July?

Old 07-08-2014, 11:34 AM

Howdy MaB!

I solve the "can't remember passwords" issue by having a list of phrases that I can remember, from "most secure" to "least secure", and if I've forgotten a site password, I go through the list starting from "least secure".

Alternatively, most browsers can now remember them for you, and unless you've got random persons tramping through and using your computer, this is a good-enough method. I let the browser remember for everywhere except sites that involve money; those use one of my more-secure phrases.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:47 AM

225 posts, read 303,889 times
hey peoples.
aftr working myself near to death trying to get this yard cleaned up it was starting to look really good. that was until yesterday... we had a storm come through and it did a doozy on the yard. I have large limbs small limbs and lots of leaves and twigs scattered over the whole place! After ALL the work I did!!!
Could have been worse though....
The trailer we used to live in had 2 trees snapped in half and lying on the ground in front of it. 1 just missed hitting the porch and one did hit a car. So glad we dont live there anymore!!!
Expecting more rain and thunder storms today.
Daughter made a 17 second video of me acting the fool dancing in the rain yesterday and posted it on facebook. LOL
So what y'all doing?

Old 07-10-2014, 06:26 AM

Well, look on the bright side -- now just about everything that can fall down HAS fallen down, and you should be done for the season!

First we had rain, rain, rain, now we have hot, hot, hot. I think it was just making sure there was enough water to boil us in.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:32 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
hey peoples.
aftr working myself near to death trying to get this yard cleaned up it was starting to look really good. that was until yesterday... we had a storm come through and it did a doozy on the yard. I have large limbs small limbs and lots of leaves and twigs scattered over the whole place! After ALL the work I did!!!
Could have been worse though....
The trailer we used to live in had 2 trees snapped in half and lying on the ground in front of it. 1 just missed hitting the porch and one did hit a car. So glad we dont live there anymore!!!
Expecting more rain and thunder storms today.
Daughter made a 17 second video of me acting the fool dancing in the rain yesterday and posted it on facebook. LOL
So what y'all doing?
hi Ma, know all about them storm critters. Currently on my third garden. flooded out. once, hailed out the second one, third looks good so far. Last couple thunder boomers have tightened down ssphinkter factor. I can't do it again. Have somebody watering it for me cause I can't carry water anymore do to some well deserved advice right here on the porch. Dr says no more than 5 lbs of lift, and for once in my life, I believe him. It has finally dawned on me that getting cut on is no fun.

The big Sheridan Rodeo is this week. My daughter came up from CO., and. brought my twin 8 yr old grandsons that I haven't seen since they were born. A couple hours was plenty for the first day. Will have the next few days to visit more. Thankfully she planned ahead and is staying elsewhere and just visiting in short steps. Wasn't sure how much grandpa could take and with everything going on, grandpa is kind of cranky. The boys say they understand, but I dunno. Hopeffullly they do.

Went into town with a friend and had chicken noodle soup at Safeway. Small was too much, only at half but boy was it good. I am up to 8 oz of liquid food per day now. Talk about a cheap date. hahahaha. Tomorrow is dressing. change day. First one since last surgery and latest wound vac dressing. Neat machine but really wears on a person. hahaha. Feeling better though, so something is working.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:56 PM

Now Elk, I know you're startin' to feel frisky again, but don't you go gettin' no notions about bull ridin', hear??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana