U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 12:30 PM

7,543 posts, read 12,604,319 times

Advertisements

Think y'all got your labels on backward but I'll pull ya out anyway, I ain't prejudiced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2015, 10:36 AM

11,856 posts, read 15,505,617 times
Wow is it smoky today. Can hardly see the Valley. Had a big lightning storm yesterday.. Hope no new fires pop up..

Old 08-18-2015, 09:28 PM

I noticed someone left the smoking sign on...

Then this morning when I got up there was long underwear everywhere. I checked my calendar and it says August. That can't be right. I think it's gotten upsidedown again.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:54 AM

4,914 posts, read 5,801,396 times
44 degrees F at my house this morning

First time in 2 months the air wasn't just stale and dusty, it was beautiful!

Of course, I could see the smoke from the fires in Lincoln and Phillipsburg coming over the mountains from the north and west, but for one glorious moment, it felt like fall, and the dead dry, dusty heat was gone.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:17 PM

2,626 posts, read 4,952,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
44 degrees F at my house this morning

First time in 2 months the air wasn't just stale and dusty, it was beautiful!

Of course, I could see the smoke from the fires in Lincoln and Phillipsburg coming over the mountains from the north and west, but for one glorious moment, it felt like fall, and the dead dry, dusty heat was gone.
At 5:30 this morning, it was 83 with a 75 dew point! I want to move to Montana! Or WY..... I live about 20 miles north of the Florida Keys. I am a porch lurker for several years now. I had a Great Aunt & Uncle who homesteaded in the Powell, Wyoming area in the early 1900's. I love the West, but have seldom visited. My good job (~ low pay, though) kept me in south Florida for 41+ years but now I am retired..... and free to roam the country.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:45 PM

11,856 posts, read 15,505,617 times
C'mon out! Late summer / autumn is usually great! Cool in the morning, warm and sunny in the afternoon and no humidity!

Old 08-19-2015, 04:27 PM

4,914 posts, read 5,801,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
At 5:30 this morning, it was 83 with a 75 dew point! I want to move to Montana! Or WY..... I live about 20 miles north of the Florida Keys. I am a porch lurker for several years now. I had a Great Aunt & Uncle who homesteaded in the Powell, Wyoming area in the early 1900's. I love the West, but have seldom visited. My good job (~ low pay, though) kept me in south Florida for 41+ years but now I am retired..... and free to roam the country.
Nothing beats a fine October morning with a little touch of frost on the grass, the sky is unbelievably clear as the stars go out one by one and you can watch the cloak of night travel west as the sun comes up and the light touches the land and sets a billion diamonds to glinting.

The mountains may be 20 miles away, but the air is so clear it looks like you can reach out and grab them. The upper reaches draped in delicate snowcap, the deep blues of the pine and fir forests in the midrange blending to a myriad of shimmering yellow in the aspen foothills and the blackthorn blazes in reds and oranges in the draws look almost like a living flame when the early morning light touches them.

As the morning goes on it warms to usually in the 60s, just perfect for anything you want to without the oppressive heat and dust of summer beating you down.

A fall trip is best with the tourists gone all services are available, you can drive without any traffic, and places like Yellowstone are fabulous with the elk rut with bulls bugling and the bears are super active trying to put on winter fat so you have a better chance of seeing them.
Wildlife is everywhere outside the park too, just drive around and you'll see deer and antelope all over the place.
I think you'd really enjoy it.

You don't have to lurk, you can always join in.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:22 PM

2,626 posts, read 4,952,107 times
Quote:
Nothing beats a fine October morning with a little touch of frost on the grass, the sky is unbelievably clear as the stars go out one by one and you can watch the cloak of night travel west as the sun comes up and the light touches the land and sets a billion diamonds to glinting.

The mountains may be 20 miles away, but the air is so clear it looks like you can reach out and grab them. The upper reaches draped in delicate snowcap, the deep blues of the pine and fir forests in the midrange blending to a myriad of shimmering yellow in the aspen foothills and the blackthorn blazes in reds and oranges in the draws look almost like a living flame when the early morning light touches them.

As the morning goes on it warms to usually in the 60s, just perfect for anything you want to without the oppressive heat and dust of summer beating you down.

A fall trip is best with the tourists gone all services are available, you can drive without any traffic, and places like Yellowstone are fabulous with the elk rut with bulls bugling and the bears are super active trying to put on winter fat so you have a better chance of seeing them.
Wildlife is everywhere outside the park too, just drive around and you'll see deer and antelope all over the place.

Sometimes I wish that I was a bison. Theme music is from Dancing With Wolves....(one of my favs.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjDa7x6MKUg

Old 08-19-2015, 08:07 PM

293 posts, read 426,425 times
Quote:

I am ready to move to your beautiful state. Much better than Colorado.The views are so wonderful. Can't wait to get back!!!!

Old 08-19-2015, 08:36 PM

A little home construction video for the coming winter... just be sure you've got enough snow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0B0CvdzWh8

This igloo done got out of hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFAE68FMc84

And for do-it-yerselfers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXp_KhfluD0
[Check out the parties link, the interior is artistic!]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana