U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2017, 07:23 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,535,991 times

Advertisements

If the previous 30 days are a sign of things to come for Trump's presidency, then his 2020 candidacy will see a very different outcome that will likely not include the critical victories that won him the electoral college. Nobody, and I mean pretty much *nobody*, who defected from the Democratic Party or turned out as first-time voters for Trump will pull the lever for a third Bush presidency running in tandem with Paul Ryan's crony speakership.

It's hard to say at this point where the political winds will be blowing come time for the 2018 mid-terms, what with mid-terms being such a different electoral animal than presidential years. The Republican Party was rejected in 2006 after five years of neocon globalism and GOP scandals, and that's why we have Senator Tester, who, mind you, generally towed a left party-line throughout his first term leading up to re-election in 2012. His vote against Justice Gorsuch will probably be just as harmful as his votes *for* Sotomayer and Kagan (in 2009 and 2010, respectively); as in, a non-issue.

Final thoughts on Gianforte: As Montana's congressman, he'll probably make the news here and there for being such an ideological, theologically-charged a*s-clown. But the silver lining is...that he's not the governor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 11:44 AM

823 posts, read 577,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
If the previous 30 days are a sign of things to come for Trump's presidency, then his 2020 candidacy will see a very different outcome that will likely not include the critical victories that won him the electoral college. Nobody, and I mean pretty much *nobody*, who defected from the Democratic Party or turned out as first-time voters for Trump will pull the lever for a third Bush presidency running in tandem with Paul Ryan's crony speakership.

It's hard to say at this point where the political winds will be blowing come time for the 2018 mid-terms, what with mid-terms being such a different electoral animal than presidential years. The Republican Party was rejected in 2006 after five years of neocon globalism and GOP scandals, and that's why we have Senator Tester, who, mind you, generally towed a left party-line throughout his first term leading up to re-election in 2012. His vote against Justice Gorsuch will probably be just as harmful as his votes *for* Sotomayer and Kagan (in 2009 and 2010, respectively); as in, a non-issue.

Final thoughts on Gianforte: As Montana's congressman, he'll probably make the news here and there for being such an ideological, theologically-charged a*s-clown. But the silver lining is...that he's not the governor.

What's going on right now in congress doesn't reflect on President Trump one bit. There are allot of Congressional Reps right now walking around with their ego's in tatters, who a refusing to work. I work with the Montana Congressional offices frequently, and what they are telling me is that on the hill, the old school legislators who have been in power forever can't accept a populist president, and won't work with him. If President Trump could do it on his own, we would have a new simplified tax code, the ACA would be gone and replaced, and the federal government would be a lot leaner. As it is now, old school congress is attempting to drag everything out to hope that it sours the voters on President Trump, that they will blame him, so that Hillary/Biden/Sanders can come and save the country 4 years from now.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:12 PM

7,540 posts, read 12,570,254 times
The Blizzard of '49 ... Wyoming PBS documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl6Iz4dXGdg

Old 02-21-2019, 08:07 AM

Here's an idea for folks who wander lonely in the wilderness and are at risk of getting lost: carry a minidrone that can be broken down for your backpack, and when your cellphone is out of range of a tower -- send the drone up with a repeater (I'm sure portable cellphone repeaters must exist, or use a phone with walkie-talkie function). Get enough altitude and you can be back in range of a tower. (Remember to carry a solar charging unit, too.) Here's one:

https://www.tomtop.com/p-rm8670.html

[I've bought stuff from this outfit via eBay, which is how I got on their mailing list. For once I'm like... hey, cool stuff.]

Old 02-21-2019, 08:59 AM

4,590 posts, read 4,410,813 times
Neat idea, but if you don't have a cell signal, how are you going to control your drone?

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 02-21-2019, 09:45 AM

Presumably with its own controller.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:55 PM

4,590 posts, read 4,410,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Presumably with its own controller.
The picture on the web site show the operator's cell phone mounted to the controller. It looks like there is an app on the phone that controls the drone, or maybe receiving video from the drone. Inexpensive enough that it's worth getting to one.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 02-22-2019, 10:12 PM

55 posts, read 14,662 times
I use an Inreach for that. Way more reliable.

https://explore.garmin.com/en-US/inreach/

Old 02-22-2019, 10:59 PM

My last experience with Garmin cured me of 'em once and for all... first item, aside from design issues, was NFG; warranty replacement (which took arguing) was NFG in the opposite direction; decided I'd thrown enough postage at it, given a safe bet a 3rd unit would be NFG in some different and amazing way, and will never buy another Garmin product.

Old 05-31-2019, 02:07 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,658,704 times
Smoke from Alberta wildfires has come into the region ... can't see any mountains around the Flathead Valley, and there's the familiar smell of smoke in the air. And Summer's still 3 weeks out.

Could sure use some precip ... things are drying up fast around here.

How about the rest of you ... what's happening elsewhere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana