Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2010, 09:33 PM

8,086 posts, read 15,111,493 times

Advertisements

You should make jewelry from the stones, after all they are rare and precious

I had a couple of plastic mousetraps fall apart too. Made In China. They didn't explode all over the place like that, but just kinda disintegrated as I was taking them out of the packaging! Can't find the damned receipt or they'd be going back. I got some different ones that seem to be much better, except that the mice have them figured out and clean up all the peanut butter without setting them off. I think the crap ones had Victor brand on them and the better ones are Tomcat brand (they were also cheaper!) Everything sucks anymore.

I finally gave up on traps, got some "Just One Bite" and that took care of the mice!!! (Tho you have to be real careful with that stuff around other animals, it'll kill anything.) I could smell dead mice behind the walls for a few days, til they dried up... better than mice getting into everything tho. They even ate my Xmas cactus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 11:18 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,643,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Thanks 7. The only thoughts I have is whether I can get insulated bibs made out of bubble wrap.
I have a mind to make you some

Old 12-03-2010, 11:21 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,643,535 times
I say get a cat or better, a dachshund.
no mice here

Old 12-03-2010, 11:29 PM

Hereabouts, eight cats and gods know how many coyotes barely keep the mice down to a mere horde

Old 12-04-2010, 04:15 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,941,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Normally associated with Shavuot (occurs 7 weeks from the 2nd night of Passover, in May or June on the civil calendar), here's a Blintz recipe so you can make 'em yourself: Let's visit.....
Thanks Walter, the sad part is I made the Blintz my son's eating, he just took 'em all back to the dorm
I still remember my grandmother coming from L.A. with Lox and Bagels from the Farmers Market and taking all day to make Blintz where I'd promptly sit down and eat 10-15. YUM!!!!!

Old 12-04-2010, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Hereabouts, eight cats and gods know how many coyotes barely keep the mice down to a mere horde
All y'all need is my wife! So far she's been better than any trap I've set. I don't know how she does/did it but all the mice that've had the misfortune of trying to reside in or close to our house were run over by my wife's Tahoe. I don't know, maybe they committed suicide by running under her tires but she's got em all!
Scary...

Old 12-04-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
All y'all need is my wife! So far she's been better than any trap I've set. I don't know how she does/did it but all the mice that've had the misfortune of trying to reside in or close to our house were run over by my wife's Tahoe. I don't know, maybe they committed suicide by running under her tires but she's got em all!
Scary...
Wow, that's one scary wife Either that, or that Tahoe is possessed by the spirit of an angry cat.

Old BBS tagline (all wisdom is found in taglines):

Drag and drop: How a caveman took a wife.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:16 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,965,616 times
I have been really surprised since I moved here to this cabin. With the horses, a couple of out buildings, baled hay stacked up and lots of grain I thought mice were going to be a problem. I've never saw one here. Not in the barn, not around the feed, etc... We do have some ferret's running around here and they're not a problem, but I wonder if they have effected the mice population?

When I lived in town I never had a mouse problem until they put in a subdivision right behind my house. It was a bull pasture. But when they started plowing up the turf I was over run with mice. I finally bought some pellets about an inch long, green in color, and I threw about 30 of them under my house crawl space. Within a week, no mouse problem.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:40 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,027,076 times
Default Full belly = ~♥~

I had some of the best Mexican food from a restaurant in a long time today.
I also came home with a dozen tamales to heat up at home.

Joel's in Sandpoint.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I had some of the best Mexican food from a restaurant in a long time today.
I also came home with a dozen tamales to heat up at home.

Joel's in Sandpoint.
Isn't Idaho kind of a long way to go for a Mexican dinner? I wish you were here Rickers, we've had some AMAZINGLY good Mexican food. You couldn't swing a dead cat around here without hitting some kind of hispanic eatery be it Mexican,Cuban or?
The food choices here are about the only "perk" for having to live in/near a big city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana