Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 11:02 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I am happy to report that for the first time ever, we are driving a rig that was actually made in this century !
Remember, the Twenty-first century began just after midnight on January 1, 2001.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 12:12 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,059,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Rickers, your meals always looks great, even when it's something I wouldn't eat (spicy Mexican food, ugh!) Wonderful eye for presentation, really. Sometimes I wonder why you're not getting rich running an artsy-fartsy restaurant!
I don't want to be rich and I don't want to work as hard as one must running a restaurant. I just want to be a big shot and order a bunch of cast members and shooting crew personnel around from the directors chair with a megaphone. I did produce a film once way back when I was a teen and I have the itch to do some more filming. It really takes at least three people to make a film that may fly.
I am working on several screenplays at this time and need to get some other business out of the way before I can start filming. I also need some equipment that I won't be able to afford for another year or two. I will make another film by hook or by crook eventually.
My first one was lost but we had a big neighborhood screening when I finished it. I was the actor, writer, director and co producer of that film about a cape wearing super hero.
My zombie like friend was the other co-producer and camera operator. He is more zombie like now and wanders the concrete boardwalk of OB InSainDiego eating out of the trash cans along with the hoards of other extreme substance abusers that somehow didn't survive the temptations of overdoing it.
I'll be yelling "CUT" a lot with a frustrated look and I'll practice that look in front of a mirror until I have it just right.
We were going to try to have a Mexican eatery in our building but we need to do some remodeling before that would ever happen. We would need to make the restroom handicapped accessible and install a certified kitchen, nothing that about ten grand couldn't make happen. Then we could sponsor a Mexican family who wants to run a restaurant, they could lease the building from us and run the eatery themselves.
We may do that or we may just flip the building when the time is right. We may use it as an art gallery. Just don't know at this point. Our plans change daily it seems.
Other than trying to start producing films I basically just want to make a few bucks selling photos framed at our store or at shows like the ones I've been posting and like the one shown below. I'm tired of trying to sell kayaks to barley farmers and loggers. ! They are selling too slowly but they are selling. I have never sold a photograph yet but I am building an inventory of framed stock as well as a few other artworks of rock paintings and mini petroglyphs. I am wanting a very expensive printer that can print on thick uneven surfaces to further my goals. I have way too many goals also.
I call that little spin off business, ~♥~ Dont Look Petrographics™ ~♥~

This photo I took of a small part of an antique vase. Picasa/picnik provided the digital effects, text elements and the quickie digital framing.
The copyright does little to secure my photo (if you post it on the web, consider it stolen) but it sure strokes my huge ego.
The background was the inside of a "security" mailing envelope.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_9a8nDInPVGE/TUxInKVmnhI/AAAAAAAAJs8/p13zjBXzaG4/s512/IMG_2491-4.JPG (broken link)

Old 02-04-2011, 12:12 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janab View Post
It's better after a couple days old too!!
wow, 40° this am!! gentle breeze up here on "WindyHill" ranchette so far
It was pretty windy in town Helena this morning. Had to angle into it to walk into the office!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Remember, the Twenty-first century began just after midnight on January 1, 2001.
That did make it easy. Did it not ? ~♥~

Old 02-04-2011, 02:18 PM

451 posts, read 998,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
It was pretty windy in town Helena this morning. Had to angle into it to walk into the office!
This condition will prevail until the Legislative session closes, I'm afraid.

The weather may be adverse during this time as well...

mg

Old 02-04-2011, 02:58 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montygarlic View Post

mg
Good one!

Old 02-04-2011, 04:30 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montygarlic View Post

Hmm. That explains the heat wave.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:15 PM

I know it got up to and perhaps over 34 deg. F. today in our little corner of the county and my snow started to slush out but I'm thinking it will refreeze tonight.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:26 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Here's some fun archeological stuff:

Saudi Aramco World : Desktop Archeology

Old 02-04-2011, 06:31 PM

Default Vostok Lake borehole, will it blow ?

They (The Russians) are getting real close to this sub-glacial lake.
I'm wondering how much pressure the lake water is under and if they can keep it from inter mingling with ocean water. And we thought knapweed was bad.
Is this on anyone's radar ? I bet it gets on the news when they break through, they are very close, only a few meters left. There are British and American teams drill to other lakes as we speak but the Russians are going to tout this as their flag on the moon if it doesn't turn into a catastrophe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana