Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2011, 12:28 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I've had so many rides, I know all the paramedics and EMT's by first name.

Coffee's on. Mixing some blueberry pancakes and bacon.
What time is breakfast?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Too far away and I can't be gone overnight. But my mom went (he was her mom's sister's husband) as she's only a couple hours away.

Tellya, he looked durn good for 97. Hardly a wrinkle to be seen.
I'm sorry that you didn't get to go.....

Old 03-14-2011, 12:32 AM

Quote:
All our snow is going away.

It's 55 degrees at 2pm Daylight Savings Time. Damn, got that new watch and now it's off an hour. I read the book, you can set it so it goes to Daylight Savings time on it's own. So I followed the directions in the book and now my watch says it's 7:15 to the 9th power of 6. Guess I gotta read it again.
LOL Before your make your next attempt, put your new glasses ON!

Old 03-14-2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Not too unusual for a computer to skip a day; happens when something is running at midnight that interferes with the clock incrementing. First time I ever saw that was with a Mahjong game for DOS. I expect there's some internal housekeeping Windows does that has a bug in it that interferes with the system clock. (This box doesn't have the bug in the timer chip that triggers the 47-day rollover bug in Windows, so that's not it.)

How old is Dink? (that's its name!!) Depends which part you're lookin' at. The hard disks are 5, 8, and 11, the main innards are 13, and the case and some odd parts left from its original incarnation will be 17 in May. Just had to replace the power supply, at age 15 (got fried by giant electrical surge that blew through two layers of protection).

That's all years, not months.

And it's got an almost-twin brother "Gremlin" that's my media machine.

I've had a couple newer ones that croaked, and if I'd ever get around to finishing up the "new" (7 yrs now I think) system around that nice industrial motherboard I got off eBay.... but these old farts just keep chugging along (they're never turned off) so I'm not real motivated.

Tho I gotta do something about the disk space crunch, soon. I think I have 3 million files on this box now.
Maybe the flies changed the clock when you weren't lookin'. That's pretty old for puters nowadays........but I understand---if it ain't broke, don't fix it..... I feel that so much of the new stuff is meant to last just a certain time.....they want you to go out and buy a new one so that they can stay in business....especially cell phones, washers and dryers.......(don't get me started)....

Dink is one of those urban yuppie words......Double Income No Kids....

Old 03-14-2011, 12:39 AM

My girl has told me that it is definitely spring in Missoula......snow no mo.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:36 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
My girl has told me that it is definitely spring in Missoula......snow no mo.
Don't let that fool you. This is the time of year when we get the "wet, heavy, snowstorms that stop everything." But they melt in 2 days.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
What time is breakfast?
twixt 5:30 and 6 every morning. But you missed the blueberry pancakes. This morning was a mexican omelette.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:04 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
Maybe the flies changed the clock when you weren't lookin'. That's pretty old for puters nowadays........but I understand---if it ain't broke, don't fix it..... I feel that so much of the new stuff is meant to last just a certain time.....they want you to go out and buy a new one so that they can stay in business....especially cell phones, washers and dryers.......(don't get me started)....

Dink is one of those urban yuppie words......Double Income No Kids....
Haha, didn't know that one... that would be my sister and her hubby! Dink got its name cuz it has a label on the front, DNK, name of the shop where I bought its first incarnation way back when. They always get named whatever is the first vaguely-related nonsense that comes into my head.

And it's a clone, that's why it's lasted so long... two major upgrades but still some of the same roots. Name-brand computers ARE designed to fail, in the 3 to 5 year window, due to heat death (poor airflow) and electrical stress (crap power supplies). They holler about don't you dare mess with their wonderfully engineered airflow and passive cooling... well then, explain this: Someone gift me a top-of-the-line Dell that had a chronic overheating problem. All factory stock. I got rid of the stupid "passive airflow" crap, gave it a proper CPU heatsink/fan, and its operating temperature dropped 40 degrees. (And then it died from bad capacitors, but that's a different issue.)

The other thing that grinds me about namebrander design is putting the hard disk right next to the power supply -- hottest part of the whole system, other than the CPU. Hard disks are heat-sensitive. Heat shortens their lifespan. Do you see the problem?!

Old 03-14-2011, 12:29 PM

I made potatoe salad and it's making me sweat. Me thinks I might have cut up too many jalapeno's and put in it. I made 5 potatoes and used 8 (4 inch) jalapeno's.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:00 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
I made potatoe salad and it's making me sweat. Me thinks I might have cut up too many jalapeno's and put in it. I made 5 potatoes and used 8 (4 inch) jalapeno's.
I see the problem. That ain't potato salad; it's jalapeno salad with a few potatoes in it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana