Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 06:55 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,670,127 times

Advertisements

Five-ton stash of Ike dollars found in Helena | Great Falls Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 07:13 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,151,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
hahahahaha I love taling with you. You are an old, cantankerouse fart and you deserve to be prooven wrong. hahahaha

Today's engines need little or nothing. The alloy's need nothing to warm up. Check it out. My old truck and your old truck need all the help in the world, but today's vehicles need nothing to get them going.

Not cracked, not warped, just meshing fine together. hahahahaha
Ain't talkin' about warming up. Talkin' about the fact that plastic and metal don't get along when there's a big temperature span... and no point makin' it worse. I've seen what it does all on its own, without -45 temps adding to it!

And yes, driving these old trucks makes us cantankerous old farts.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:38 AM

448 posts, read 1,070,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Timber is STYLIN"!!!

Balmy -6 at the airport in Helena this morning.
Glad the old woodstove works so well even though I do not like cutting wood when it is 90+ degrees in the summer, cutting, loading, hauling, chopping and stacking are cheaper than a gym membership I guess, and nothing beats wood heat (or coal) when the mercury drops below the zero mark.
Yeppers, the wood cutting sucks, but it is so nice to be very warm when it's this cold. Warmed up to 11° now !!

Old 12-06-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janab View Post
Yeppers, the wood cutting sucks ...
janab, I betcha you could you use of these?

Bobcat wood splitter - YouTube

Old 12-06-2011, 10:07 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,572,193 times
I would love one of those

But I only need about 4 cords of wood a year, and the wife just wouldn't go for the price tag on one of those.

Guess I am stuck with the old splitting maul

I did design a system for the house that would give me unlimited electric power without being hooked up to the grid, and as I live in town, wind and solar weren't feasible, but this system I designed would work just fine in city limits.

Just waiting until I have the $1000 to make it, then I may consider electric heat!! My back is getting too old for all that lifting and swinging, but I do love that wood heat when it is cold outside

Old 12-06-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
I would love one of those :D

But I only need about 4 cords of wood a year, and the wife just wouldn't go for the price tag on one of those.
How many neighbors do you guess it would require that could share the cost, thereby making the Bobcat wood splitter affordable?

Old 12-06-2011, 12:05 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,572,193 times
In the town I live in.....probably take all of them to afford that!! LOL!!

Most of the folks in my town are retired, very few younger people or kids in city limits, and most have natural gas heat because of the inversions and the regulations of the Helena Valley for air quality which means when you need the heat the most, you can't use wood.

Actually my father and I had discussed getting one of those because he has a lot of available timber and could make a pretty good living with one of those.

Maybe Santa will bring us one for Christmas! We have been VERY good boys this year!!

Old 12-06-2011, 12:40 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,038,378 times
Quote:
I would love one of those

Guess I am stuck with the old splitting maul

I did design a system for the house that would give me unlimited electric power without being hooked up to the grid, and as I live in town, wind and solar weren't feasible, but this system I designed would work just fine in city limits.

Just waiting until I have the $1000 to make it, then I may consider electric heat!! My back is getting too old for all that lifting and swinging, but I do love that wood heat when it is cold outside
That's because the wife kinda likes the way you tone up with the splitting maul. Something about "rock hard" muscles, don't ya know. hahahahaha

Old 12-06-2011, 12:48 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,038,378 times
Speaking of rock hard. This morning I was supposed to head in to town for a doctors appointment. About 2 hours short the neighbor lady come's over and her battery is dead. So I go out and try to fire up the Ford. Ain't happeneing. hahahahaha Truck said, "Sorry, we ain't going no where." But I grabbed the charger and run a drop cord and hooked up to her. About 30 minutes and I got her going so she could go to town and do her running. Now I got the charger setting on my truck. I still ain't going no where. But by golly I got her going. I don't care if I go anywhere. Hope it runs so I can give somebody a shove out of the snow.

Hey. It's below zero and blowing here. Furnace works, coffee is on, what more could you ask for?

Old 12-06-2011, 12:58 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,524,260 times
Coldest spot in the nation (last night) was Denver. We b freezin' here, but I am doin' okay...
2nd coldest was Butte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana