U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2007, 01:43 AM

947 posts, read 3,240,239 times

Advertisements

My chosen obsession, er, uh career, is that of a radio broadcaster. I've lived in New Hampshire...South Carolina..Florida...Mississippi and North Dakota. Out of the lot, I enjoyed ND alot.

I realize ND and MT are different, but in general I seem to be more attracted to ND/SD/MT/CO/WY area when I look for work because I find it to be absolutely beautiful, and that matters most to me.

Anyways, my equestion is.. what area would be good for me to look at? I'm NOT a fan of big towns, but I don't like living in the middle of nowhere, and feel lucky to have a phone line. Somewhere in between rural and big city..

When I lived in North Dakota, I lived pretty close to work.. and the bank, grocery store and post office were close by. I worked at a station that everyone listened to and always knew who/where we were. I often went on bikerides thru town after work as exercise and in general it was a nice, quiet, calm type of town.. low crime too. Williston wasn't just a town where people happened to live, but it was a community.. where people did things together, went to a bunch of town events, etc..

Weather doesn't bother me, hot or cold.. I'm a grown boy, I can handle it.

Any ideas or suggestions on places for me to look? I guess I could equate what I'm looking for to something like Williston, ND.....

(Did I make any sense here and make it clear what I'm looking for? It's kinda hard to exactly put a finger on/describe what I like)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 02:06 PM

47 posts, read 183,545 times
Are you looking to stay in the radio biz? If so, you might just have to move to wherever offers you a job. There are not too many radio stations around.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:10 PM

Yes, I'm looking to stay in the radio business.

Of course, I'd go wherever I get a good job offer, but when sending out resumes.. i like to target a specific area I'mn interested in.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:22 PM

47 posts, read 183,545 times
Some of the towns surrounding Great Falls are pretty community orientated. Also check out Red Lodge, it might be up your alley and you are not far from Billings.

The western part of the state is going to have more recreation but less of that community atmosphere you are looking for.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:36 PM

529 posts, read 1,728,432 times
Fisher Communications (broken link) owns 99% of the airwaves (radio stations) in Great Falls.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:44 PM

Fisher sold their Great Falls cluster to Cherry Creek Radio... a company I worked for in North Dakota.

The process to sell them actually happened last year I believe.

Old 07-15-2007, 07:17 PM

529 posts, read 1,728,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Computergeek2007 View Post
Fisher sold their Great Falls cluster to Cherry Creek Radio... a company I worked for in North Dakota.

The process to sell them actually happened last year I believe.
Well we still have the "Ding-Dong" Fisher Communications promo, every hour on the hour.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:15 AM

Oh ok.... either the sale never went thru or it hasn't finished yet

Nonetheless, Great Falls has been added to my list if locales Im interested in..... Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or