U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2010, 11:13 PM

64 posts, read 774,058 times

Advertisements

I'm graduating in Envireonmental Science from Sacramento State University. I would like to get a job with an Environmental consulting company in Montana. I have a expierence in this, as I currently work for the State of CA Central Valley Water Board. Been there, absolutly beautiful. Do you know of any companies? I'm also looking to get in the "fishery" field. Do yo also know of any non-state companies that preserve/protect habitats, wetlands, etc.? I'd like to get out into the field and get my hands dirty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 11:26 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,894,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp31 View Post
I'm graduating in Envireonmental Science from Sacramento State University. I would like to get a job with an Environmental consulting company in Montana. I have a expierence in this, as I currently work for the State of CA Central Valley Water Board. Been there, absolutly beautiful. Do you know of any companies? I'm also looking to get in the "fishery" field. Do yo also know of any non-state companies that preserve/protect habitats, wetlands, etc.? I'd like to get out into the field and get my hands dirty.
Hello, here is a good place to start.
Workforce Services Division Home Page

Old 12-23-2010, 09:04 AM

7,540 posts, read 12,578,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp31 View Post
I currently work for the State of CA Central Valley Water Board.
Considering the current state of Central Valley water, which has closed down farms all over central CA... my question is what do you want to bring to MT??

Old 12-23-2010, 04:24 PM

54 posts, read 105,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Considering the current state of Central Valley water, which has closed down farms all over central CA... my question is what do you want to bring to MT??
Tho, im not a resident yet, that's a very good question....

Old 12-23-2010, 04:50 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,877,890 times
Why not start your own environmental consulting company ?
You don't want to be a clock puncher do you ?

Old 12-23-2010, 06:24 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,725,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Why not start your own environmental consulting company ?
You don't want to be a clock puncher do you ?
I doubt the OP is a Professional Engineer. Only a licensed PE in the State of Montana to advertise engineering services to the public. Also, the State of Montana will require one for most state funded projects.

The main firms I have heard of doing work in Montana are not Montana firms. Granted, the projects I pay attention to are over 50MM so smaller firms could exist doing smaller projects. Some of the firms are the usual Jacobs Engineering, CH2M Hill, Shaw Group, Benham, ect.

Last edited by flyingcat2k; 12-23-2010 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: Answer OP

Old 12-17-2013, 08:47 AM

4,659 posts, read 3,977,591 times
There are several small companies in Montana that concentrate on fishery habitat restoration and development. Confluenceinc.com has openinngs including one for a:
Fluvial geomorphologist

Most environmental engineering positions in Montana will be in metal mining or energy production companies or in engineering firms specializing in Superfund site cleanups primarily mining industry caused.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:19 PM

2 posts, read 2,476 times
can you provide the list of consulting services companies it will be useful for all those who are searching for this topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or